Wheel of Fortune :D
Completed this afternoon.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 02_10_wheel.jpg
    02_10_wheel.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 121

rwcarter

Intriguing. I hope you're going to let us know what all those symbols mean. (I know some of them.) Also interesting that there are really 3 wheels....

Rodney

tabbycat

I really love these, especially the World and the Ace of Wands. I was trying to work out what molecule was spiraling down behind that wand! It's a gorgeous hippy-trippy psychadelic deck. I'd buy one, for sure!

The 78th Fool

tabbycat said:
I really love these, especially the World and the Ace of Wands. I was trying to work out what molecule was spiraling down behind that wand! It's a gorgeous hippy-trippy psychadelic deck. I'd buy one, for sure!

They're not LSD molecules, honest!! :D:D:D:D:D
They're more like photoshop custom shape molecules LOL!
Glad you like these :)

Rodney - I'm glad you picked up on the three wheels thing. I wanted to convey the idea of wheels within wheels. The whole apparatus turns at once but the inner wheels may not move at the same speed as the outer. The arrows are also self motored, meaning they may move erratically and in different directions.

Fortune can be multi-layered. I've included the mars and venus symbols on the wheel to symbolise the appearance of a man or a woman in your life but the wheels within the wheel lead to a huge number of permutations. Sometimes the appearance of a man in your like can lead to growth (if with the tree) or he may have a dangerous toxic effect (if he lines up with the skull and crossbones). I chose the symbols arbitarily - form your own intuitive conclusions as to what they may mean ;)

There were two inspirations here - I've been working with Lenormand cards which are all about combinations. Some of the symbols included come from the Lenormand cards.

The other inspiration was a CD cover. I have a recording of Orff's Carmina Burana and the sleeve shows a fantastic illustration of Fortuna standing in the centre of a multi layerered/ringed wheel. I'll scan the cover when I get the chance so you can compare.

Chris. xx

blue_fusion

nice. particularly love the forms in the high priestess!

The 78th Fool

Thanks Blue Fusion. I've just completed the Empress. She's in a similar vein to the High Priestess. I've attached her below.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 02_03_empress.jpg
    02_03_empress.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 115

rwcarter

Beautiful card Chris! I love how the elements are all there, just mixed up a bit. The Empress' reflection in the water is the eagle. The crescent moon and its reflection almost become a chair/throne. Cool.

So you're gonna have this all ready to go by the end of the year, right? :laugh: ;)

Rodney

The 78th Fool

:laugh::laugh:
I don't think it will be ready that quickly!! I only got so much done this week because I took a week off !

Glad you like the Empress Rodney - you got her in one.

Chris. xx

The 78th Fool

Here's the Ace of Swords, completed this evening.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 03_01_swords.jpg
    03_01_swords.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 113

re-pete-a

The only card that didn't click to it's origins is the Queen of Swords, The rest don't click they blast.
Your work is delightful to the senses, please keep posting .