The Tarot of Life (new unpublished deck)

Uma

I created a 78 card deck (following the Rider Waite model) and a manuscript to go with it - unpublished but complete (artwork is done without borders). I'd like to upload it either on the Aeclectic Tarot forum or on my own website to get maximum feedback. It's a really different kind of deck. The meanings are all based on years of intensive study of spiritual concepts based on the teachings of Sri Vasudeva (www.blue-star.org). I am attempting to bridge spirituality with tarot but "spirituality" defined in a very broad universal sense. I need to gage all reactions to it and see what needs to be changed before I try (again) to get this published.

Any ideas on how to upload or advice as to what I should do?

yaraluna

Congrats on your deck! I am still working on mine. :p

one thing you can do is upload a couple or more pics in this thread you started so we can start giving you critique. once you have your site ready you can put it there with BIG copyright on it and at very small or low res for the deck fishers (people that go around the net copy/pasting decks, printing them and selling them on ebay and such without permission and without sharing profits)

you can open a quick free account in photobucket.com if you don't have a website yet. also, some free websites are bravehost.com freewebs.com etc

post a couple here and let's get started with feedback!

cheers!
yara

GryffinSong

What yara said. :) I look forward to seeing your deck!!! :)

Alta

Uma, the reason that your Website button doesn't work is that you uploaded two sites. The link is dynamic and can only take one address.

If you want to reference another site, just add it into your "Interests" or "Biography" boxes though it won't be dynamically linked.

btw, I have see this deck in person. It is exquisite, just a jewel.

Alta

I suggest that you upload your deck to your site, at lower res and possibly with a watermark and link to the site here (much as yara suggested).

Alta

Uma

It sounds like the website is the best way to show them. I'll have to figure out how to create one so this could take a little time. I'd like to show the entire deck. Thank you all for letting me know ways to do this and to protect copywrite. I'll let you know as soon as it's up and running.

Uma

In the meantime if anyone wants to see a high resolution slide show that I put together of a few samples, they can email me directly and I'll attach as an email (it's 8,241 KB in size as a zipped file):

[email removed]

All I ask for is lots of feedback!

AJ

Have you seen the yoga deck LoS just came out with?

I checked your link above but don't see anything to do with cards...?

Uma

AJ said:
Have you seen the yoga deck LoS just came out with?

No. Where can I see it?

AJ said:
I checked your link above but don't see anything to do with cards...?

That link is to the teachings on which my deck is based. I haven't created my own site yet.

thorhammer

Hi, Uma :) Can't wait till you get the website up and running, so we can follow your deck!

It might be a good idea to remove the email address from your post above - a mod will find it and remove it if you don't. Go to your User CP and add it as your email address, allowing people to contact you directly from AT to your email.

Email addies are bad in posts because of web-bots or some insidious thing :)

\m/ Kat