Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 281 : December 17 - December 23

Madame Squee

Hey, VG, please sign me up with the Romantic Tarot.

I worked with it fairly recently, but it still calls to me. There's so much I love about it -- the artwork, coloring, images, card stock, size, ease of shuffling. So, basically, everything. :D

Thank you for the thread! :love:

Madame Squee

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Wednesday is the Winter Solstice. I myself usually open new decks only on special days like holidays, birthdays, etc.

That's a wonderful idea and reminder of the next special day! :love:

Winter Solstice almost slipped past me! Everything has been feeling strange lately, and my mind has been elsewhere.

DaughterOfDanu

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Wednesday is the Winter Solstice. I myself usually open new decks only on special days like holidays, birthdays, etc.

Yes! Wednesday is the Winter Solstice and every year I have one or two little gifts, usually spiritual in nature that I open at dawn (since the Winter Solstice is a solar holiday) Last year I got myself a nice spread cloth and the Victorian Faerie tarot. This year is the Bonefire. Since I have to be up early anyway for work I'm hoping that this will get me motivated so I'll have some time to spend with the deck before I start- an added incentive :p

dianekay

A lovely Solstice practice, DoD. Of course you will wait! The Bonefire looks like a beautiful deck.

UniversesCollide

I have holiday company so haven't been online much. I'm excited about the solstice but also looking forward to relaxing after it's over. It's been very busy week. I've been doing my daily cards and a few light readings but not as much as usual. This Manga deck is gorgeous, perfect mini retreat each day.

AJ

Felicitations and many happy returns VG ! Have you found being a Christmas baby in your favor, or on the minus side? My nephew was born on the 31st, I'm thinking it being After Christmas it works out as bonus day for him.

VGimlet

Felicitations and many happy returns VG ! Have you found being a Christmas baby in your favor, or on the minus side? My nephew was born on the 31st, I'm thinking it being After Christmas it works out as bonus day for him.

Thank you AJ!

I have always liked being a Christmas baby. :) I always take it off if I am scheduled to work. My parents were really good about not combining my birthday and Christmas. It still makes the season better rather than worse - I can go away for my birthday and enjoy all the lights and decorations.

Plus I know the days are going to start getting shorter - another win! :party:

Scarlet Woodland

Had fun with the Fairy Tarot early this week; silver sparkles please me :D. Off home for Christmas tomorrow so I'll be taking the Starlight Illuminated with me and the mini Tarot of Pagan Cats because I plan to be covered in cats the whole time *squees with joy*. I'm so cat broody it's untrue... renting sucks.

Happy holidays to everyone :party:

UniversesCollide

Had fun with the Fairy Tarot early this week; silver sparkles please me :D. Off home for Christmas tomorrow so I'll be taking the Starlight Illuminated with me and the mini Tarot of Pagan Cats because I plan to be covered in cats the whole time *squees with joy*. I'm so cat broody it's untrue... renting sucks.

Happy holidays to everyone :party:

Enjoy your cat time!

I've really enjoyed spending the week with my Manga Tarot deck and will most likely be coming back to it soon. This deck is the first time in a while that I've looked at what the LWB had to say, sometimes I completely disagreed but other times it really gave me some food for thought, as did all the cards especially that the gender roles in every card were swapped. My daily card today was the stunning Princess (replaces Knight) of Chalices and by accident I noticed the bottom card was the Prince (replaces Page) of Chalices. It really felt like I was meant to read both that day so both went into my journal. I was tempted to keep at it for another week but decided to move ahead with my commitment to switch every week for a while.