Tarot curse rituals

zephyr_heart

I don't know where I read this, but I hear that you can actually *curse* (yes, in the literal sense, so expect bad karma from doing it) people using tarot cards!

They said you only need to prepare some kind of rituals (I don't know how they do that though, um... spells?).

Scary...

Is it true, then?

How did they do that?

What do they do that for?

How to negate it?

If it manages to take effect, then how long and how severe could it be?

Thanks & regards,
ZH

Grizabella

I don't mess with curses and I certainly don't recommend anyone else do it, either. I don't know where you heard it, but I suggest you forget the idea altogether. :)

Morwenna

What Griz said.

If you really want to curse, you can curse using anything. Intent is what does it. Why do people do it? Because they're petty and selfish. How to negate it? I know there are threads here about cleansing and so on; I defer to more experienced heads.

cricket

Cursing is not recommended. Period.

That being said: Yes, you can use tarot cards to curse. They are used as a tool to provide focus for the curse, just like any other object can be used as a tool to provide focus. The rituals would be similar to any other curse ritual, just using the cards to focus the negative energy instead of anything else.

As Grizabella said, though, I suggest you forget the idea altogether. Curses are just nasty business for ALL parties involved, and the negative energies that linger after the fact can seriously screw with people and objects that were either used to deal them or that were in the area the ritual was done.

hazlit

Bit of a worry...

zh there's a rather interesting ad for curses here http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6870365 The advertiser mentions tarot cards but doesn't say exactly how they're used in the processs. It's my understanding that just about anything can be used in the execution of a curse, the more personal the object (i.e. if the object belongs to the recipient), the more powerful the curse (reference: university study - anthropology, & personal research).

Blessings (& deliberately not giving focus to the power of curses, whatever they may be and whatever it is purported they use) :) :)

zephyr_heart

SO IT'S TRUE!!!

Never thought of putting the cards to use this way.

Yes, right. NEVER is the right word.

Like I said before, expect bad karma for doing a curse.

canid

Sure, you could use the cards in a 'curse' ritual, just like using any other tool for that purpose. But always remember the Rule of Three. I'll never understand why someone would want to do something like that anyway - it's much more effective to put a 'nice' spell on someone who's nasty because they'll never know what hit 'em, what makes them act so totally out of character. I do use the cards for ritual purposes, but definitely not to harm.

magpie9

The rule of three is that a curse you send out, fir any reason or anybody including yourself will come back to you x3. Personally, I think it takes more than just intention to curse, (otherwise there would be no rush hour drivers left) but also knowledge. It does start with intention and focus, and as several people have pointed out, it's a really bad idea. As to getting the knowledge? It's difficult to find, and certenly not available in all those cute little commercial "spell" books.
Do yourself a favor....Don't go looking.

ETA: Don't just expect bad karma...expect your life to go straight down the toilet. Expect for everything you care about to be destroyed. Your money, your health, your love.......whatever matters most to you trashed.

AJ

If you want to see a curse in action write an overpriced haunted deck seller on ebay and make a few suggestions.

Look through some of the ebay threads here...
No one can curse or bless you without you buying into the process. The cursee/blessee is the only working key in the process

Ronia

You don't need anything to curse. And most of us have done it a number of times without even thnking. Each time you are badly hurt and you wish, oh so much, for this person to find out how you feel now - you are cursing him/her. The power of the thought is the power of the manifestation. because we seem to focus much easier when we are desperately unhappy, that's why the negative (cursing) thoughts are far more often manifestating than the positive (spell) thoughts. And I am also a great believer that the Universe grants wishes, the problem being the Universe doesn't judge moral. The Universe granted Hitler's wish just like Gandi's wishes (at least some of them). If a person wishes/curses with strong enough concentration/power/desire, there is a very good chance the wish will be granted, regardless its moral value. How it will return is another topic but I don't believe in the three times back. I've seen too many nasty people living a dreamy life to trust this. The Universe is not a judge but energy. Energy doesn't preach, it moves.