What not to do

NorthernTigress

I found this little advertisement in my local newspaper. I think it is the perfect example of "what not to do" and what the tarot readers here have to compete against. (I can't say "What we have to compete against", because I'm no where near ready for Pro!)

I'm copying it exactly, including the bad spelling and grammar

*ANSOU*

The great spiritual healer
Helps solving all problems
Reunite loved ones. Divorce.
Protect bad heart against your happiness.
Family. Love. Gambling. sexual success.
Removings evil spells, bad luck.
Clear Readings for anything!

*100% guaranteed*

Scary, isn't it?

Marcia959

I'm especially interested in protecting bad hearts against my happiness.

My happiness is so virulent that bad hearts everywhere should arm themselves with bile and suspicion.

jaled

The most incredible point is that her efficiency is 100% :)

Alissa

Snake Oil is always 100% effective and 100% guaranteed.

Miss Cleo will always be around -- even if the name changes, the game remains the same.

starrystarrynight

Marcia959 said:

My happiness is so virulant that bad hearts everywhere should arm themselves with bile and suspicion.
:D :D :D

Today, I saw a new roadside billboard advertising psychic and tarot readings. Those signs aren't cheap...I was impressed to see it in this economy.

canid

Seriously?? What's the number!!?? I need some clear readings for anything, including my bad heart!

shelikes2read

Marcia959 said:

My happiness is so virulant that bad hearts everywhere should arm themselves with bile and suspicion.
LOLOL

Fortunately, they're bad hearts, so they've probably got plenty of hostility to spare.

Libra8ca

Alissa said:
Miss Cleo will always be around -- even if the name changes, the game remains the same.

Indeed. The amount of fraud out there is overwhelming from the financial world to politicians and corporations, not to forget internet scams; sometimes I just can't believe it all! Compared to the latter, this is almost harmless... Funny how one bad psychic/ tarot reader gives all others such a bad reputation but it doesn't seem to happen to bankers or politicians....:(

Grizabella

I think this was just written by someone not fluent in English, I'll bet. For that reason, I hesitate to make fun of it. It sounds like it's just a cultural difference to me, and in that case, they may have better motives than they conveyed in that sign.

Marcia959

Yes, Griz, you're right, my bad. But it was an irresistibly funny moment for me to take it at face value. After a lifetime of having people assess my performance in the corporate world and all conclude that I'd make a great vice president some day except that I'm too nice, poking fun at my own good nature was beyond my control. The Devil card made me do it!