Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Storing multiple decks

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Alien

blue_fusion 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensVault
Any thought to what I could use to lacquer my wooden box with?

Also, matt vs shiney? Maybe a thick matt? And somethng that won't make the ink run from printing stuff out. Sometimes I make copies so I can reuse the print.

PS: aren't you the one that designed that fabulous new deck?
matte's generally pleasing to the eyes, but for some reason scratches easily (though there are scratch-proof ones, i think). just don't ever try using those cheapo plastic-based lacquer varnishes. when something bumps a surface that's been lacquered with it, the contact area breaks into unsightly, powder-y something.

PS: if you're referring to the Dusk Deck, thank you for calling it fabulous!
Top   #31
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 

blue_fusion - Nice boxes! I especially like the pillar-type one!
Top   #32
Alien

blue_fusion 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefrost
blue_fusion - Nice boxes! I especially like the pillar-type one!
thanks! it's currently housing the mythic.
Top   #33
Citizen

Oddity 

I have a tiny cupboard where I store all my personal nice things, like notebooks, incense, candles, pretty stones and seashells and such. Two drawers are for tarot and related things, except for the one deck that I read with, which goes in a painted glass box on top of the cupboard.
Top   #34
Citizen

AJ 

Sometimes you can use found space...I was dusting this week and realized I had this empty shelf just hanging there not doing any work. So I brought up some of my favorite decks and a few spread cloths and hooray, more shelving. Now I'm looking at the rack that displays my grandmother's tea cups, and the shadow box that has my salt dip collection

We live in an A-frame house, that is why the wall looks funky.
Attached Images

Top   #35
student of tarot

rwcarter 

Thought I'd actually post a pic of how my tarot collection is stored. Oracles are stored in a separate bookcase. My collection is nowhere near as big as gregory's. (BTW, firefrost, I only need to be gregory's new bestest friend for a week, then I'm happy to let someone else be her new bestest friend. If we rotate this way, then 52 people a year would be able to enjoy gregory's collection. Think of it. A Tarot Timeshare! )

The second picture is a close-up of all the decks that are in bags. It's a little hard to see, but I've put marking tags on each bag so I can tell at a glance which deck is in the bag instead of having to open each bag to find a particular deck.

Rodney
Attached Images

Top   #36
sporadic magic

Debra 

rwcarter, that looks great--but would drive me crazy!

I've just moved my "shelf o' tarot" into a couple of plastic bins with lids and handles.

I can tell already that this isn't a good solution either.
Top   #37
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Glass Owl 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
The second picture is a close-up of all the decks that are in bags. It's a little hard to see, but I've put marking tags on each bag so I can tell at a glance which deck is in the bag instead of having to open each bag to find a particular deck.
Ah, I know that this is an old post but I just have to say that your posts about your deck tags inspired me to go ahead and label my deck bags too. Thank you, Rodney, It makes it so much easier to find my decks and now those decks are not as easily forgotten.
Attached Images

Top   #38
Citizen

rosetiger12 

I have a a few shelves filled with box kits and a couple drawers of loose decks and some decks on my nightstand at the moment. More are on the way, so clever rearranging of my room will be necessary, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Owl View Post
Ah, I know that this is an old post but I just have to say that your posts about your deck tags inspired me to go ahead and label my deck bags too. Thank you, Rodney, It makes it so much easier to find my decks and now those decks are not as easily forgotten.

Nice solution for bag storage.

I'm curious as to what tarot is in the box between the Tarot of Paris and the Tarot of Northern Shadows. I don't recognize it from my random tarot searches.
Top   #39
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetiger12 View Post
I'm curious as to what tarot is in the box between the Tarot of Paris and the Tarot of Northern Shadows. I don't recognize it from my random tarot searches.
Looks like the Illuminati to me.
Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.