Demons can come?

Demon Goddess

Scrappygirl86 said:
Is it really true I can open up a portal for demons to come?

Yes it's true. It's called a door, and I tend to knock until I know you well enough to simply walk through it. :)

flying black kat

taking a break from housework

Greetings Scrappygirl86

I generally feel sorry for people like her. I feel with the way they are thinking that they are robbing themselves of the whole world that is different from them. It must be very unsatisfing to lead a life in which you allow your free will to be dictated to you by another. You are a great person reguardless of what another's opion of you might be. The reason I know that is because you are here on AT using you free will.

Be at Peace,

Kat

PS Enjoy reading and studying the Tarot. It is worth every minute of your time that you spend on them and yourself.

avalonian

I really wouldn't pay any attention to it, some people have a tendency to fear things that they do not understand or know anything about.

:)

Alamaris

There's two things I like to keep in mind when folks tell me I'm inviting demons by playing with tarot...

1. The people who tell you these things are generally close-minded, afraid of the unknown, and heck, they're rude! I don't know anyone who would not be affronted or offended by being told that they're going to hell because of [insert practice here]. I managed to stay friends with the one person who told me this the most; she's a brilliantly intelligent and talented woman, but she was brought up in a closeted Christian family whose opinions of non-Christians were based 100% on hate. After she distanced herself from her family a little and looked at her life with an outsider's eye, she quickly matured and recently told me she accepted not only my tarot practices but my bisexuality as well. She was taught to react with fear and hatred.

2. This one is important. Look at your tarot deck, and what do you see? Some people see a portal to hell just waiting to open at the first shuffle. You know what I see? 78 pieces of cardboard that can be used for psychological insight and fortune telling. Nothing demonic about that! Sure, tarot can be scary sometimes. Sometimes we get answers we would rather not admit were true, and sometimes we predict sad things, but I believe that unless you are absolutely, one hundred and ten percent focused on summoning demons with your tarot deck (if demons even exist), then your tarot deck is NOT going to turn into a hell portal. Its all in your intention. People who pity themselves will get depressing results, just as much as people who intend to summon demons will probably get "demonic" results, whether its all in their mind or not.

There is nothing wrong with you! Nothing effecting your mind that's "forcing" you to use tarot, and you certainly don't need to be cleansed by a church. Tarot can be anything from an amusing tool to an object of lifelong study, but it is NOT from the devil. I learned the hard way that you can't surround yourself with people who don't accept your beliefs and practices -- they'll only cause you pain and teach you to be afraid of everything you can't explain. If YOU love tarot, that's the only thing that matters.

Teacups

news flash to your 'friend'.... going to church doesn't save you. Not only that, but people who are saved keep on sinning. It's called being human. As long as you're breathing you will sin, with or without cards. (Using her own doctrine as a basis for my reply.) Furthermore, there are plenty of people sitting right there in the pew that are evil. Sitting there hasn't "washed the evil outta them" one bit. Any further explaination will require heavy theology on my part, which you prolly don't want a sermon, but just think about rationally, ok? :) You'll be ok as just as long as you question...EVERYTHING. Always question, and never just swallow whatever you're told

afrosaxon

asphodel said:
news flash to your 'friend'.... going to church doesn't save you

Praise the Lord and pass the communion wine. :cool:

Church is full of self-serving hypocrites...the list is too long to name here. ;)

You know...if your friend is ever in NC, there's a nice guy at a coffeeshop that may want to meet her...

T.

starrystarrynight

afrosaxon said:
You know...if your friend is ever in NC, there's a nice guy at a coffeeshop that may want to meet her...
ROFLMAO!

p.s. Maybe there is something in the coffee...wonder if it's the same chain???

Demon Goddess

starrystarrynight said:
ROFLMAO!

p.s. Maybe there is something in the coffee...wonder if it's the same chain???

There is definitely something in the coffee... But I think it's got more to do with the water. lol

Yellow_Munky

It sounds like she is talking about a load of crap. She sounds like one of those crazy religious people who believe that if you do not follow THEIR religion, then you are going straight to hell. ^^ Well that is what people tell me sometime or maybe it is just me.

But I don't believe that demon will come through. Maybe the ouija board, but any other type of divination, I don't believe it. :D

Demon Goddess

Guys and Gals... maybe I'm way off base here...

But does anyone other than me wonder about the sanity of someone who believes in "demons"?

Boogeymen, tooth fairies... Santa Claus?

Hello?