Kosmic Kitchen

firemaiden

I hereby claim a royalties and tax on the use of K in place of C. I invented it for Konrad, the Kosmic Vaccuum cleaner, but that's because Konrad was Cherman. Ravenswing's tax bill is already very large.

Cat*

Ooooh, I like! (Yes! All majors!) Without having any idea of how this came about (still subscription-less due to very limited funds... :(), or what else has been said about it, or how the Ace of Swords looks (re-post?), here are my suggestions.

The Overflowing Trashcan (I'm imagining a cornucopia full of messy, dirty, dusty, sticky, stinky stuff...)

Tiffany's Frying Pan (though that would probably require a helpful note in the accompanying Kosmic Kitchen Kookbook }))

The Silver Platter

The Fruitflies

The Eater

The Clogged Sink (or Klogged Sinque?)

Yum

Yukk

Oooooooooh! I like even more! :D

(I've also just learned that the German term for the French Press/Cafetière is "Pressstempelkanne" (that would be "press plunger pot") - I call it "Kaffeedrückkanne" ("coffee squeeze pot"), though. I've also been surprised to discover that stovetop espresso pots actually make mocha only. Wow.)

firemaiden

The Germans have the best words for things. Nothing can beat the German language for kitchen and engineering marvels. Just think about "Staubsauger" dust-sucker....

Incomparable.

Cat*

firemaiden said:
I hereby claim a royalties and tax on the use of K in place of C. I invented it for Konrad, the Kosmic Vaccuum cleaner, but that's because Konrad was Cherman. Ravenswing's tax bill is already very large.
Oh dear. I guess that means an even longer un-subscribed time for me... *sobs*

Then again, hey, I'm Cherman, too. I believe that gives me the inalienable right to use as many Ks as I like. :D

firemaiden

Cat* you have the inalienable right to use as many Cherman K's as you wish. Especially in creation of tarot cards like "DER KOSMISCHE STAUBSAUGER"

(did I spell that right?)

flying black kat

waiting to roost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswing
We dream up 21 majors. my suggestion for the fool is the Kosmic Kitchen Wytch. any others?

Potential suits:

brooms (wands)
kontaners (cups)
kosmic kitchen tools (swords)

right now I'm at a loss for a suggestion for a replacement for pentacles.

Dear Ravenswing: How about dishes for pentacles?

Other cards could be

"The Uninvited Guests",
"Broken Refrigator",
"Exploding Presure Cooker"
"Take-out Menu"

Kathy

Cat*

firemaiden said:
The Germans have the best words for things. Nothing can beat the German language for kitchen and engineering marvels. Just think about "Staubsauger" dust-sucker....

Incomparable.
Now I'm inspired. How about...

"Salatschleuder" (which directly translates to "salad spin-dryer"), "Fleischhammer" (meat hammer), "Spritzbeutel" (squirt bag), "Käsehobel" (cheese plane(r)), "Korkenzieher" (cork puller - interesting how the English emphasis is on getting the metal into the cork whereas German emphasizes getting the cork out of the bottle, isn't it?), "Pürierstab" (puree stick/wand) aka "Stabmixer" (stick/wand mixer - both certainly useful in a tarot deck, no?), "Kühlschrank" (cool(ing) closet/cupboard/cabinet, sorry, kool(ing) kloset/kupboard/kabinet, of course), "Tauchsieder" (dip/dunk boiler), or "Eieruhr" (egg clock).

*wondering if we should we maybe give out "K" koupons to the people who guess the correct English terms for all these utensils WITHOUT dictionaries or image-googling*

firemaiden said:
Cat* you have the inalienable right to use as many Cherman K's as you wish. Especially in creation of tarot cards like "DER KOSMISCHE STAUBSAUGER"

(did I spell that right?)
Perfectly right. :) Although kool Chermans of course like to exchange Cs for their Ks (or Zs for that matter). As in "californische Citronen," for example.

And shouldn't it be KOSMIK KITCHEN anyway? ;)

Erzebet

Dang I thought this has something to do with Elizabeth Hazel's site "Kosmic Kitchen" where I bought her Whispering Tarot! :laugh:

Feretian

Cat* said:
Now I'm inspired. How about...

"Salatschleuder" (which directly translates to "salad spin-dryer"), "Fleischhammer" (meat hammer), "Spritzbeutel" (squirt bag), "Käsehobel" (cheese plane(r)), "Korkenzieher" (cork puller - interesting how the English emphasis is on getting the metal into the cork whereas German emphasizes getting the cork out of the bottle, isn't it?), "Pürierstab" (puree stick/wand) aka "Stabmixer" (stick/wand mixer - both certainly useful in a tarot deck, no?), "Kühlschrank" (cool(ing) closet/cupboard/cabinet, sorry, kool(ing) kloset/kupboard/kabinet, of course), "Tauchsieder" (dip/dunk boiler), or "Eieruhr" (egg clock).

*wondering if we should we maybe give out "K" koupons to the people who guess the correct English terms for all these utensils WITHOUT dictionaries or image-googling*

Perfectly right. :) Although kool Chermans of course like to exchange Cs for their Ks (or Zs for that matter). As in "californische Citronen," for example.

And shouldn't it be KOSMIK KITCHEN anyway? ;)

Simmer down, you two. :mad:
If it goes German, us non-German-speakers can't play. :(

Ravenswing

firemaiden said:

sometimes you can be very taxing :joke: :joke:

anyhow guys, is anyone serious enough about this farce to get a real live listing of cards? If it's all majors, does that mean we're limited to 22 cards? or do we do a 78 card all major deck?

Or some other majick mystic number???

a little form in the chaos. but not too much.

cheers
rave 'n swing
(my thanks to jmd for that brilliant observation)