Pili Tarot. ^^

urbandryad

Saw this on Tarot Garden while browsing, and have been obsessed ever since. I can't wait to own it!

Who here has this deck? Information about it has been rather sketchy, it seems to be based on the PiLi Puppet Theatre productions in (China?) but I wonder how good it is for reading? Is it more of a novelty deck than for reading? Etc etc. ^_^

(I've been terribly in love with Puppetry since I was very young. I made and sold many cheapy little cloth marionette puppets in my town before going to college to pay for books, and haven't been able to make anymore puppets since leaving school. ^^; Just a tiny little hobby of mine. XD)

mythos

Hi,

Don't know a thing about it, but I just looked at it and fell in love. I made puppets as a kid. They were pretty terrible, but I still have a hankering after them.

mythos:)

Ace

Interesting pictures! do you know about this puppet theater? are these Bunraku puppets?
ace

Emeraldgirl

Very nice deck. I think i have another to add to the wishlist.

urbandryad

I hope to be getting this next month if I can at all help it. It really is a splendid deck. I wish I could see more pictures of it then I've been able to find! ^^; There's a book, in chinese, that comes with it. If I get it I'm going to try and see about translating it with the help of a scanner and a friend of mine. If not, I'll just have to learn Chinese. O_O (laughs. XD)

truelighth

urbandryad said:
Who here has this deck? Information about it has been rather sketchy, it seems to be based on the PiLi Puppet Theatre productions in (China?) but I wonder how good it is for reading? Is it more of a novelty deck than for reading? Etc etc. ^_^

I have this deck and it is really very pretty. I don't know about the readability. I more have it because I like it. The images do feature the Pili puppets, not drawings. So if you like puppets, you probably will like this deck wether you can read with it or not.