Picking up girls

fchiaramonte

This thread brought some memories to my mind from when I was at the other end of the spectrum - as someone listening to readings and knowing nothing about Tarot cards.

I was in a nightclub in a summer night and at some point late into the sound and fury I settled at an open window to breath fresh air. That place was hot as arcanum XV. I noticed that I was dividing this window with a girl and we naturally started to chat and cool our heads outside the building. The talking progressed and at some point we began to talk about Tarot. She told me that she did readings and in fact was carring a mini-Tarot deck in her pocket. She asked if I wanted a quick reading and I agreeded. So she pulled out only one card from the deck and started to talk about it regarding a question of mine that I don't remember. I really enjoyed the "trick", but that was it. We talked some more and I departed from the window. She didn't look pushy (neither did I, as I was there for the air breeze and enjoying the good talk with no intentions) and we didn't really engage in anything else - it was a magic enconter in the night and it turned out to be a good memory of mine regarding the Tarot (I remember that card to this day, as it was one of my first readings).

From this I can say that these kind of things happen naturally. You can carry a deck, but this won't make you a sexual guru in the end. It can make you a charlatan, actually, if you pretend to use it as bait for something else than the other person is specting from a reading (unless the other person is using your own Tarot to also bait you - so look out!).

I would also ask yourself why do you need the Tarot to impress girls. Maybe you can show that you are sensitive through other means - for ex: you can show that you are a good listener and also an attentive observer (two characteristics that good Tarot readers have that can be applied everywhere and that women appreciate).

All in all, you can surely integrate the Tarot in you life, carry a mini-deck around. Good things and memories can come from this. It would be just as natural as gazing at the clouds and reading forms from it in casual situations. I would just align your intentions and the intentions of the other person regarding you and the cards. A miscarried match in this Tinderot game can cast bad karma into you. :p

Cheers!

SwordOfTruth

Using tarot as a pretext for starting a relationship/getting sex has similar connotations to casting a love spell on a specific person. It will royally bite you in the arse. The person you read for will always wonder if you skewed their results in order to get into their pants and suspect you of manipulation, whether you did that or not.

Cast love spells on a purpose not a person. Read for others when you have no ulterior motives.

Zephyros

Why so serious? I read Tarot, it is something I do well. I could strike up a conversation with someone and offer them a reading. Not something heavy or earth shattering, but light and fun. I won't use the reading to get in their pants, that's creepy, I admit.

What I have found though, is that the more mystique Tarot is surrounded by the more people are afraid of it, or think it is stupid New Age nonsense. I try to deliberately de-mystify Tarot so that people will be more likely to engage.

But to each his own, I suppose. I've never treated Tarot as this big thing that is separate and sacred. On the contrary, it is as natural as breathing and it would be natural to mention it in a conversation and read for someone if they wished.

But then, I don't really offer anyone a reading in real life. I say I read and if they want a reading I give them one. I just don't feel it is my place to offer, seems slightly impolite and uncouth to me.

youareafool

I apologize to anyone who find this unorthodox or respectles, But does anyone have any experience with this? Picking up girls (or boys) with the tarort, using something like a "playbook" routine? Do you have any tips or tricks worth sharing? Will this thread get me banned from the forum?

I wouldn't personally use tarot as a playbook in that manner. But have you considered the fact that the chances of you meeting someone through tarot increase the better readings you give and exchange? Try going to a camping music festival. There are tons of open minded people there who would love to have a reading. It's a great way to meet people. I don't mean give readings only to cute people or anything, I mean that if you go out and organically share your gift, maybe someone will take notice and appreciate it =) My girlfriend is a crystal healer and we met at one such camping festival. Just do what you love to do, be you to the fullest and what you love will draw close who you love.

SwordOfTruth

Why so serious? I read Tarot, it is something I do well. I could strike up a conversation with someone and offer them a reading. Not something heavy or earth shattering, but light and fun. I won't use the reading to get in their pants, that's creepy, I admit.

What I have found though, is that the more mystique Tarot is surrounded by the more people are afraid of it, or think it is stupid New Age nonsense. I try to deliberately de-mystify Tarot so that people will be more likely to engage.

But to each his own, I suppose. I've never treated Tarot as this big thing that is separate and sacred. On the contrary, it is as natural as breathing and it would be natural to mention it in a conversation and read for someone if they wished.

But then, I don't really offer anyone a reading in real life. I say I read and if they want a reading I give them one. I just don't feel it is my place to offer, seems slightly impolite and uncouth to me.

I don't treat tarot like one of the seven wonders either. What I'm saying is if it comes out in a pickup environment, then it may later be viewed as PUA trick rather than merely a hobby you enjoy and that could backfire IF you happen to meet someone you are really interested in, then doubts seep into that person's mind.

That's why I drew the parallel with casting love spells on specific people. If you attempt to manipulate (or even if it just appears that way) then expect a backlash from that person at some future point. And well this thread was opened with a post describing using it in exactly that fashion, no small wonder people are jumping to that conclusion.

Zephyros

I hadn't thought of it that way, I think you're right. Plus there's the basic reputation of Tarot one could consider. Many people distrust it as it is; someone on whom it was used as a gimmick could develop an very grimmer opinion.

Hemera

I really enjoyed your story fchiaramonte. Thanks for sharing.

I was just thinking that if my husband had seen me with with a tarot deck all those years ago I know he would not have come to talk to me. Whereas *now* he has learned something of life -and I think he quite enjoys his Tarot of Casanova deck }) :D