Tarot Cards and Spirit Portals

Lady Tararith

I was chatting with my sister yesterday and she mentioned a lady she knew who had been having spirit activity in her home. When the lady investigated it further with the church, she found out it was because of the Tarot cards she was using. My sister has been a Tarot reader for 15 years so I doubt that she would be lying about this.

Can Tarot cards really open doorways for spirits? If so what kinds of cards or ways the cards are used, could trigger such a thing to happen? I find this thought a little eery, thinking that I use my cards fairly reguarly and enjoy having/doing readings.

Lady Tararith xx

Lady Maria

The only thing Tarot has opened up for me, is my inner wisdom. I do call on Spirit Guides and bring Light into my readings. But as for spirits entering the house through the cards... highly unlikely!

okieinalaska

I have heard people say this about (oh gosh, I can't spell it) oijua boards but not tarot cards. I admit I have negative feelings for oijua boards, too many urban tales I guess.

Just a thought:
If that person had feelings that tarot cards had to do with devil or spirits, her own (guilty) mixed feelings on the subject could bring about the event?? Like a self-fulfilling prophecy kind of?

I do not call spirits guides myself. That does not mean I don't believe there are such things though.

Lady Tararith

I use the Tarot cards to see if my guide has a message for me, so maybe the cards help link me to my guide, but as for the portal I'm not sure. I was told this and to be honest I don't know what to think about it.

TheOld

when ones play with tarot or any other system to open himself to higher state, all is possible.
it's not the tarot fault, it's an individual experience.
if someone attain illumination with tarot that doesn't mean everybody will !!!

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

Grizabella

There isn't any spirit activity around my house and I've been using the cards for a few years. I guess if you invite them, they'd come, but not all people do that. I think if you aren't inviting spirits, then they don't just automatically follow tarot cards.

My personal belief is that tarot cards tap our subconscious wisdom through archtypal images. That doesn't involve any outside spirits. I think it depends on what you believe.

OakDragon

Lady Tararith said:
I was chatting with my sister yesterday and she mentioned a lady she knew who had been having spirit activity in her home. When the lady investigated it further with the church, she found out it was because of the Tarot cards she was using. My sister has been a Tarot reader for 15 years so I doubt that she would be lying about this.

I would be suspicious that this suggestion is coming from a church. Many churches are afraid of and spread misinformation about tarot cards. Personally, I have not heard of spirit activity coming through tarot cards.

HudsonGray

Me neither, the cards just don't work on that level.

While I do know of a place that had a portal opened, it was through the wishes of the people in the house (who later found out they really didn't want it there after all and tried to close it). No tarot cards involved in that, they did a little ceremony to open the thing and now have 'closed' it about six times (with no permanence on it yet) in the past 10 years.

jumptothemoonyea

Lady Tararith said:
...lady she knew who had been having spirit activity in her home...

"Spirit activity" could have a very wide meaning.

Does Tarot evoke non-physical beings? They are there regardless. Everywhere. Most people cannot see them, as we only see solid objects. Ghosts, apparitions, Angels, Spirit guides - they are always around :) It is just a matter of vision. When it is open we can see them. Tarot is one of the way to see into non-physical realm, we can say ;) It makes you See.

tarotbear

I've said this many times before: Don't open a door you do not know how to close.

I doubt that the cards have had anything to do with this 'activity.'

However, if your friend does little 'ritual' things like casting circles and calling watch towers and that sort of thing before she does a reading - you are inviting 'spirits' in (or keeping them out, depending on your point of view.) You can call on all the 'nicest' spirits all you want, but 'other' spirits can get in, too.

I, too, distrust ouija boards, but I don't think that a group of spirits sits around outside Milton Bradley and follows a truckload of ouija boards to the nearest New Age store, assigning themselves a board to 'posess.' But calling out to the spirit world to come and move the pointer around the board is opening yourself up to all sorts of oddball activity.