the Science Tarot

faunabay

I am NOT a science person but strangely enough am drawn to this deck. I think it's going to have to be purchased some time soon. :p

Nisaba, your reveiw just made me want it more. LOL

nisaba

It's quirky and likeable, but I'm not sure it's passion-inspiring yet. Definitely one to enjoy.

Aerin

Yes, I was a bit disappointed. The Physics Tarot is my preferred one out of the two.

nisaba

I'm waiting for that one to arrive (Hurry UP, Jeannette!) just to indulge my completionist tendencies - I have both Quantums, too, so a quite respectable science sub-collection has been added to my sub-collection of sub-collections, which is really satisfying <grins like cat who got the cream, avoids likelihood of feline diarrhoea later. Never give your cats milk or cream>.

I obviously haven't yet got my grimy little paws on the Physics Tarot yet, but I'm looking for it. What scans I've seen here in people's conversations, so it to be rather spare, with less illustration and glamour generally than I usually like, but I like unillustrated pips because they don't get in the way of your intuition, so I could work the whole deck that way when it arrives. Still, that is for another thread, so I'll come back to this one, where I have to say that the deck is enchanting and *did* force me to look up a couple of scientists and alchemists that I'd never heard of before, so it was a completely enriching experience, and I look forward to a long and delightful association with it.

souljourney

This will definitely be one that I get. I love science in general so this should be perfect!

faunabay

While I'm interested in the Science deck the Physics one is beyond me! :p Although I did talk to a couple of people who know alot about Physics and they told me it was pretty spot on with what things they chose for what card.

SixDegrees

I just received this in the mail and I. Am. Astounded.

It's ridiculously clever and well-conceived. I've only gone through the deck once, and already I'm seeing certain cards in ways completely consonant with what I've always thought AND from a new angle (five and ten of swords, especially). Anyone who has graduated from high school (at least in the United States...wouldn't pretend to speak for other countries) would have enough familiarity with enough of the figures and ideas to make the deck usable out of the box. And, as a result, the courts are much more immediately relatable than in many other decks.

GAH, this might be my favorite concept deck ever!

nisaba

And I love the gender-bending in the courts. And I love the visual style of the deck, the colour-range and the use of line. and I love ...

VGimlet

I am planning on getting it soon - I have the Physics tarot, and the Quantum, so I have to complete the trio, LOL.

Looks like an excellent deck. :D