THE HEZICOS TAROT News Flash!

Carla

Even though the deck is soon to be sold out and OOP and the price is good, I have to pass. It's just not for me. I've looked at the images, viewed Donnaleigh's reading for herself (youtube) and TarotOracle's review. It's colourful, but I don't like the faces on any of the cards. And the giant severed-head courts freak me out.

LavenderLibra

Er, am I correct that the podcast is an hour and a half long??? Can anyone BRIEFLY explain what Hezicos means?

Sorry. I could not recall at the moment, knew I had heard the info in that podcast, but was running out the door & didn't have time myself to re-listen.

Plus, I wanted to share the link with others getting this deck for the first time; I myself enjoy hearing the artist of my decks speak. Many times it helps me understand the deck more. :)

Starshower

I just received my back-up set today. :) Must thanks Mary. :heart:

I've loved & used this deck for a year now, & every character, from the tiny pixies, fae-folk & quaint 'little people' od all ages have become friends.

I find the court cards the best I've ever seen, in any of my 80+ decks. (well, maybe equally good as the Mystic Dreamer courts, with their body-postures enhancing their characteristics too.) The Hezicos courts are close-up 'portraits' (I don't see them as 'severed heads' at all! More like 18th-century close-up portraits) & each expresses, in my eyes, several subtle indications of their respective characteristics.

Hi, GriffinSong. 'Hezicos' is an imaginary place that Mary Griffin dreamed up & played in throughout her childhood. Her own, once-private, magical realm.

autumn star

I really like this deck - I'll probably have to wait till I get paid before I order it though. Does she take regular credit card payments - because I don't have paypal?

Rootweaver

Ordered my copy too!

Lovely deck! I succumbed to impulsivity (or 'compulsivity') and bought my copy a few minutes ago too.. Can't wait for it to arrive! I love the border-free images too.

Oh boy... I had forgotten how much money I spent when I was an active AT member some time back! It is so difficult to resist though with such beautiful decks being flaunted left, right and centre!

:)

daphne

I have a question for those who have it and used it.

How does this deck stand the shuffling, daily usage?

jema

I just got mine today, packaged with care and delivered faster then I could dream about.
The deck is really beautiful, love the border less cards and the quirky characters pictured in it. It shuffles really well with no frayed edges and it is not all slick and slippery.

I looked through it a few times now but can't find any severed heads. I can see that the style is not for everyone though, but then that is the case with all decks...
I am really glad I bought it.

olarte

Dear Maryland I received my backup deck yesterday, and am very happy to know that should anything happen to my original (wear it out eventually!), I know have a spare tucked away.

Thank you!

Ivan

MoonGypsy

I have a question for those who have it and used it.

How does this deck stand the shuffling, daily usage?

One Word should describe it:

FABULOUS! :D

daphne

One Word should describe it:

FABULOUS! :D

Really?! Mine, after shuffling (normal, gentle shuffling), started to get some sort of tiny white pealing, dots-like, on the margins of brownish backs. :(