Anna K experiences

Bhavana

When I ordered my cards, Anna was excited about sending her first deck to Israel. What a sweetheart she is, and so pleasant to deal with. The "K" stands for "Klaffinger", and she was very amused to learn that "klaf", in Hebrew means "card" or "parchment", so she's Anna of the Klaffim.

Also, my daughter, who is studying to be a tourguide, looks exactly like her Ace of Wands. Anna says that when she painted that card, she was feeling incredibly happy and positive, which is also like my daughter! :)

Doesn't Anna live partly in Isreal? Or am I thinking of the artist behind the Sakki Sakki deck? Either way, every thing that comes out of Isreal is a good thing - I have ordered jewelry, clothing - impeccable, beautiful quality. In my online life I have met so many wonderful generous people from this country, the first being a woman on a plant forum (hoyas) who had these beautiful plant hangers made of copper and beads. We did a trade on plant cuttings, sadly it's a risk shipping cuttings from so far, so they didn't survive - but because I had complimented her plant hangers, she made 5 for me which she sent me in the mail a few weeks later as a surprise. So beautiful- I don't know, Isreal and the people who live there seem so warm and loving. I really want to go there some day.

Bhavana

The de-enabling thread is what is says on the lid. No deck escapes!

Put your most treasured, beautiful deck on there and see what they have to say about it!

On a more serious note, no-one worry about what the de-enablers have to say about the Anna K. ;)

I am sure the de-enablers who bashed the Anna K deck probably all own it!! Such a funny thread that is, though....I always read it when I am in the mood for a laugh! And no, it had NO influence on my getting the deck. I have wanted it for a long time. I have pretty much purchased every deck I like available thru Borders, Barnes-n-Noble, and all the local metaphysical shops. I am tired of searching ebay for bargain auctions, and buying decks only because they are cheap, just to wind up with another deck I won't use. And I lose all the good deck auctions - so, time to start spending a little and getting what I want.

CornissMagorniss

Doesn't Anna live partly in Isreal? Or am I thinking of the artist behind the Sakki Sakki deck? Either way, every thing that comes out of Isreal is a good thing - I have ordered jewelry, clothing - impeccable, beautiful quality. In my online life I have met so many wonderful generous people from this country, the first being a woman on a plant forum (hoyas) who had these beautiful plant hangers made of copper and beads. We did a trade on plant cuttings, sadly it's a risk shipping cuttings from so far, so they didn't survive - but because I had complimented her plant hangers, she made 5 for me which she sent me in the mail a few weeks later as a surprise. So beautiful- I don't know, Isreal and the people who live there seem so warm and loving. I really want to go there some day.

Monica Clio Sakki lives in Israel. But you're right, Anna may be Austrian, but she has a kind of Israeli vibe--the informality, the warmth, the uninhibited human interest. Her deck also shows an earthiness that is like ours.

I once read a "rating" of different nationalities as travel partners. Israelis won high points as "willing to share their swag", good at innovation, practical in emergencies, quick to open up, as well as physically very buff, since most young people travel after army service;-)

Sulis

I love my Anna K. It reminds me of Northern European fairy stories. I think it has a very wintry vibe and there is lots of movement in the cards. The characters seem very lively and approachable and many of the cards give a new dimension to the card meanings; check out the 8 of Swords here; http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/anna-k/

There are cards I don't like but they're in the minority. I have the first edition. I got a copy of the second edition too when it was published but I traded it away because I have such an attachment to my first edition that I didn't think I'd use the second edition much.

I think you'll really love it Maan :).

Cocobird55

The Anna K is one of my favorite decks. I'm planning to start using it again in the fall, when the weather changes. Here in Southern California our summers usually run through October.

Elendil

Anna is currently on vacation so orders from her web site cannot be placed until September. Does anyone know what the current sale price of the deck is from Anna direct? Shipping charges from the US to England make the deck very expensive.

Maan

Anna is currently on vacation so orders from her web site cannot be placed until September. Does anyone know what the current sale price of the deck is from Anna direct? Shipping charges from the US to England make the deck very expensive.

i bought mine for 31 euro's
Anna wasn't on holliday then. But the deck hasn't arrived yet
I wish the post was faster;-)

WolfSpirit

I have the Anna K first edition, and have used and loved it. The deck itself feels wonderfully soft (I mean, the physical deck) and is a nice smallish size that works well with this kind of artwork.
I also want the second deck now though, because I am not too crazy of the woman on the Star.

The de-enabling thread is what is says on the lid. No deck escapes!

Put your most treasured, beautiful deck on there and see what they have to say about it!

The de-enabling thread only makes me curious about decks, and the descriptions are often so exaggerated that it makes me want to stick up for the deck and protect it.
So I have forbidden myself to go there...it only makes me end up with more decks :bugeyed:

Maan

The de-enabling thread only makes me curious about decks, and the descriptions are often so exaggerated that it makes me want to stick up for the deck and protect it.
So I have forbidden myself to go there...it only makes me end up with more decks :bugeyed:

i had the same thing happening when i started to read this thread.
Better ban myself too ;-)

I was wondering i see you live in the netherlands too. How long did it take the deck to arrive? I expeted mineto be here by now. It not that long a travel between Germany and us. ( for me its a 30 minute bike ride ;-) )