Original Mythic Tarot

gregory

Indeed - it is STREETS above the new one. I own both (because I do that stuff...) but - well, the new one is cold and boring - a pale imitation - and I can't bring myself to read with it.

I am SO glad you are enjoying it, Thoughtful. I would like to think the published will think again and reissue it.

The older one is still on the shelves in MANY bookstores at the RRP, if you look. Don't anyone pay over the odds.

Madrigal

I wonder which version is on the Fool's Dog app?

Madrigal

Okay, it looks the app is the original version as it's described as having "charmingly naive art by Tricia Newell".

gregory

It says art by Tricia Newell. That SHOULD be the original, as her work was redone by Caselli - without her knowledge, at the start - and I think his name would be on there if they'd used that deck.

The images shown are from the original, certainly, and the text mentions "the original Mythic".

Oops ninjaed - I was googling while others were typing !

Thoughtful

Thank you for reminding me about the merits of this deck, Thoughtful & Lee.

Glad to oblige :) l didn't think any other tarot would wean me away from my current favourite quite like this one has. l can't speak too highly of it.

Thoughtful

Indeed - it is STREETS above the new one. I own both (because I do that stuff...) but - well, the new one is cold and boring - a pale imitation - and I can't bring myself to read with it.

I am SO glad you are enjoying it, Thoughtful. I would like to think the published will think again and reissue it.

The older one is still on the shelves in MANY bookstores at the RRP, if you look. Don't anyone pay over the odds.

On comparison and having looked at scans of the New l would heartily agree that the New does not have the heart and soul of this one.
l had no idea it was available other than ebay/amazon where l looked at the prices and froze. l would not have accepted this deck from my friend if she hadn't said she had a spare.
Sorry for my ignorance but RRP? where/who are they Gregory.

gregory

On comparison and having looked at scans of the New l would heartily agree that the New does not have the heart and soul of this one.
l had no idea it was available other than ebay/amazon where l looked at the prices and froze. l would not have accepted this deck from my friend if she hadn't said she had a spare.
Sorry for my ignorance but RRP? where/who are they Gregory.
:D

Recommended Retail Price :D

Thoughtful

Ha Ha Ha doh! can you recommend any shops l would like to get a back up.