Specific decks compatible with political readings?..

midsummermagic1111

I am increasingly interested in reading for history and politics. Does anyone recommend any particular decks or oracles where the imagery and symbols are geared towards these topics? Not specific political people, but neutral scenes that are political in nature.

[emoji175]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amanda

If your search terms are 'history' or 'politics' you might find a rather streamlined, simple deck. You haven't forgotten about Trumpkin, have you? :D Trump's predicted win with the Halloween Tarot; a very, very Halloween-themed deck that really has nothing to do with history much, or politics. Choose a deck that fits your understanding of: symbols, colors, body language, etc. and the deck will lend itself to the subject matter you choose. :)

Other than that, no deck comes to my mind... maybe someone else will know of something specific to what you are looking for.

Barleywine

I use the Lenormand with pretty good results; it has practical, to-the-point card meanings related to personal and public affairs that don't wander much into psychological space. It has a card that relates to "government" and one that relates to "public," which is at least a start :)

midsummermagic1111

Both great ideas I didn't think about! Thank you! [emoji847]

midsummermagic1111

OMG the Trumpkin! That may stick in my dreams..! [emoji316]

rylla

The day the election was going o and the whole world predicted that Clinton will be the new President and the election numbers were shown Clinton clearly on top I did a 3 cards reading asking who will be the President. I used the first deck at hand. The cards showed unequivocally Trump being the winner. This is the second time when the cards predicted for me that a candidate will win the presidency against all odds and it was right on!!!

But if I were to choose a specific deck for these type of readings I'd probably choose Marcel Ruijters, Pole Ka Le Tarot de Marseille or the Greater Mysteries by Robert Ellaby.

Farzon

This year we had presidential elections in Austria as well. On a very small level, it was (and still is) similar to the US elections...

However, I used the Epic Tarot for a reading, and it pretty much showed a very precise outcome.

In regard to symbolism, I think the Victorian Romantic would fit questions about politics. I don't know why, but for me it's the ideal deck for practical and job-related questions. But actually I don't know a specifically political deck either...

Nemia

Hands down - Lenormand for me.

sapienza

I'm thinking possibly a mythology based deck. The archetypal stories of good vs evil, competitions, challenges and the odd clandestine affair, would be easily transferable to the modern political landscape. I still love the Mythic as it was my first deck, but there is also the Ancient Egyptian, Celtic Wisdom, Renaissance or Olympus. I haven't used it but it might also be worth checking out the Bright Idea Deck, which was designed for business.

nisaba

I like the New Visions for politics: the inside-out and back-to-front RW-style deck. It's particularly great for conspiracy theories, and isn't politics just one big nest of 'em?