Golden Dawn Temple Tarot

Aeric

Well, I bought it! And I blame all of you. I don't know if Regardie-Wang will ever be used again after this, we'll have to see.

Freddie

This is the next deck I want get. I must admit I feel slightly torn between this one and 'The Rosetta Tarot'. I do use the traditional Golden Dawn system and this one looks quite pleasing compared to the other flatter GD versions. There are certain things I really like about the Wang deck, so I will always use it. Once one has studied 'The Qabalistic Tarot' (I got it more after about the 6th reading of the book), the Regardie/Wang deck really comes to life. At least this has been my experience.

Any further feedback on this deck would be appreciated.

Freddie

Myrrha

There is information about the esoteric meaning of magenta here:
http://www.wendricharthouse.com/study/mystical-magenta/
This page also goes into the reasons the deck creators made slight changes in the color scales. Given what they say about magenta having a feminine vibration associated with Venus it is interesting that they use it for Geburah in their Tree of Life paintings.

This deck seems more alive than most highly esoteric decks. It has more emotional impact. In this way it seems more like the Thoth than the Cicero deck or the Wang or some of the other esoteric decks. I don't feel the feelings that should be associated with the cards when I look at the Rosetta Tarot like I do with this one but that is a very individual thing.

Loving the Wang deck makes perfect sense. It has such an air of earnestness and honesty. It doesn't look like it was created to turn a profit or to please anyone but the creator. Such a deck must give trustworthy readings.

Le Fanu

I do keep going back and forth on this one.

The only thing that's holding me back is the price (which is odd; never stopped me before) and the fact that despite loving them, I have never really used Golden Dawn decks in the long term. They tend to get respected but shelved... and nothing's telling me that this one will be different though I'm very curious.

Aeric

Having bought both it and Hermetic, I find that the unwieldy size of GDTT makes it marvelous as a study deck. But for a portable deck that I can pop in a bag and pull out when I'm not at home, the Hermetic is definitely better. I've changed my opinion of Hermetic and find it just as helpful with its own brilliant art.

Waite decks are definitely slipping away from me now as I prefer these decks and Thoth whose every inch of the face is crammed with details and symbols, accompanied by texts that describe every last one down to the smallest shape and colour. The more I use them, the more the Waite cards fade into blandness and diluted simplification.

WolfyJames

Wow! That one is pretty! I have to add it to my wishlist.

WolfyJames

Well, I bought it yesterday. I'm looking forward to get it. I find it really expensive though. I think it will be my first GD deck.

WolfyJames

I finally got it and it's a pretty deck. There are a lot of details in the images of the major arcana and the court cards, and I wish the author/artist would have talked about them in the small book. I'm really glad I got it, it really feels like a magickal esoteric deck. I find the court cards a tad confusing though, with the knight/Prince/King court cards.