City Mystic Tarot: NYC

jolie_amethyst

Stumbled across this one this morning:

City Mystic Tarot on etsy

I'm generally a sucker for black and white photography, especially scenics, and the premise of doing a deck themed around a single city is interesting. I might prefer the concept over the actual images though...

Thoughts?

Reyan

Oooooh, very intriguing! Personally, I tend to avoid photography decks... (although I think that's mostly because it is a lot easier to make a photography deck than a drawn or painted deck if you don't have any art skillz, so there's just a lot of mediocre ones out there). But this is definitely not that! :D Many of the cards look like multiple images were superimposed in the darkroom, very old-school. I'm very impressed with the coherency and the depth of planning demonstrated in both the card images and companion text snippets. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I find it to be very legible. ... I may have to test it out though!

Metafizzypop

This is very nice. I'm a big fan of architecture, and black & white photography, too. And I luv luv luv NY NY.

Another one for my ever-growing wish list. ::sigh::

freyaisunavailable

Ooh, thanks for sharing! I thought I had seen every tarot deck on Etsy.
I agree this has a lot more character than a lot of photography decks. I would like to see more cards but from what I can see this is definitely one of the rare photography decks that captures something special. I hope it is around in a month or two when I binge on new decks again. :)