Leo Sun, Virgo Moon

FireHermit

I found out my moon sign recently and things clicked into place. I've always felt a great inner conflict and to me it doesn't get much more conflicting than a show off Leo and a hermit Virgo ..

While I found the information fascinating I'm kinda thinking well - what now? How do I use this information to move away from conflict and towards creating a more harmonious relationship between my 2 opposing sides?

I've never been a great astrology student more than it being a passing interest but now I am interested to know how astrologers actively use the knowledge and understanding they gain, to turn it towards being something productive.

I'm feeling at a definite crossroads in life, my Leo wants to come out but the stage fright is overwhelming it right now. Is this just the way I am according to astrology? Or can astrology help formulate a plan to move forward?

I hope this makes sense as its late and I'm rambling ;)

Ronia

I have a friend who is a fantastic performer and very successful who has all his personal planets in Virgo and Cancer, more so most of them in the 12th house. It's not so simple and I don't think Virgo is a Hermit really. Besides, stage fright doesn't depend on astrology, IMHO. I've been there, done that. Look at your Pluto and position/aspects, rules the masses. Neptune in any artistic case is important too. Just my 2 cents.

If you feel at a crossroad, better check the heavy transits to your natal planets. Where are Saturn, Jupiter, we are going through major transits this year, Pluto, Uranus. Look what they are doing. A crossroad is usually supported by a major transit that puts you in a position to change and grow, it has little to do with your Virgo Moon if it's not aspected, IMHO. But it may give you the chance to outgrow whatever is problematic for you.

P.S. Virgo and Leo are not opposites, no matter what the newspaper columns say about them in general. Virgos also want to be appreciated and seen. The opposite of Virgo is Pisces and if you think about it, there is your resolution - Pisces is ruled by Neptune, Neptune rules art but also glamour, the red carpets, the lights on the stage. If you prefer to use Venus for art, then look at her position and aspects.

P.P.S. From my point of view Sun in Leo and Virgo Moon simply mean that you have excellent drive for life, Sun in its own sign, while you're more discreet and careful when it comes to emotions. There is no hard aspect between the two planets (except if there is an out of sign conjunction?) and I don't see why they would be in each other's way. One is the drive, the energy, the fuel, the other is the emotional side. There is no reason why you wouldn't be showy, glowing and overall creative and successful person while in your emotional dealings checking things more carefully before you jump into anything.

FireHermit

I have a friend who is a fantastic performer and very successful who has all his personal planets in Virgo and Cancer, more so most of them in the 12th house. It's not so simple and I don't think Virgo is a Hermit really. Besides, stage fright doesn't depend on astrology, IMHO. I've been there, done that. Look at your Pluto and position/aspects, rules the masses. Neptune in any artistic case is important too. Just my 2 cents.

If you feel at a crossroad, better check the heavy transits to your natal planets. Where are Saturn, Jupiter, we are going through major transits this year, Pluto, Uranus. Look what they are doing. A crossroad is usually supported by a major transit that puts you in a position to change and grow, it has little to do with your Virgo Moon if it's not aspected, IMHO. But it may give you the chance to outgrow whatever is problematic for you.

P.S. Virgo and Leo are not opposites, no matter what the newspaper columns say about them in general. Virgos also want to be appreciated and seen. The opposite of Virgo is Pisces and if you think about it, there is your resolution - Pisces is ruled by Neptune, Neptune rules art but also glamour, the red carpets, the lights on the stage. If you prefer to use Venus for art, then look at her position and aspects.

P.P.S. From my point of view Sun in Leo and Virgo Moon simply mean that you have excellent drive for life, Sun in its own sign, while you're more discreet and careful when it comes to emotions. There is no hard aspect between the two planets (except if there is an out of sign conjunction?) and I don't see why they would be in each other's way. One is the drive, the energy, the fuel, the other is the emotional side. There is no reason why you wouldn't be showy, glowing and overall creative and successful person while in your emotional dealings checking things more carefully before you jump into anything.

Thank you Ronia for that very detailed reply! Unfortunately I don't understand most of it I know nothing about houses or transits but it was good to hear about your friends experience!

Seems I have some research to do :)

Ronia

Well, if you want to use astrology and your chart and all this, you'll have to get a grasp of it, no? It's a tool like everything else and if you want to use it, you'll have to read the manual. :)

FireHermit

I was really initially just curious to know if astrology could be used to change things and create balance or if it says that everything is already set in 'stars'? From my limited perspective (horoscopes and a few other basics) it seems purely predictive or is it like tarot where forewarned is forearmed kind of thing? I'm aware astrology is very complex though on the whole so was wondering this as if it is purely used predictively I probably won't pursue it further. I know you can tell a lot about a person by their chart, but then I'm wondering what do you do with that information? Is that it or are there steps that you can take to build on strengths and level out weaknesses?

That's what I was getting at with my original post. I'm no stranger to studying in depth on various occult and metaphysical subjects but not sure if astrology is a step I want to take yet - I'm certainly intrigued though ;)

Thanks!

Ronia

Each has their opinion. As with every other divination or metaphysical tool, Tarot is not different. Most people want predictions from it and that's what they ask for. I've had very few people asking for guidance from cards. Or, to put it in another way, they pretend to ask for guidance while they want to know "will it happen and when". Very few have the discipline to start from within and change the "out", IMHO.

To me astrology is just like everything else. A map with roads on it. Which road I go, what choice I make, how do I use the given of the map - it's up to me. If I will change something or not, that's also up to me. If it's possible - yes. It's like driving in the countryside and I see problems on the road - will I fix them if I can, will I call others to come and do something, aka will I change the map or will I just pretend I didn't see it, go ahead, and then when returning bump into the same problems? Or will I choose the longer path though it crosses the mountain and may be challenging but the view is breathtaking from above or will I go the valley road, easier though boring? It alll depends. There is no divination to rule our lives, IMHO. Each power out there can be used in different ways (or not used at all) but the choice is ultimately ours, for better or worse.

P.S. Your initial statement was quite definitive which led me to believe you have a good grasp of your chart and have decided the Sun and Moon are "opposites" based on some events or doings, etc.

FireHermit

Thank you your last post was very helpful - i really like your analogy of the road, and I agree with you about most people wanting predictions.

I don't think I would ever be adept enough to offer others guidance on astrology but from what you've said I do think it is something that would interest me on a personal development level so I think I will look further into it

Ronia

I'm glad it helped. :) And don't be so sure, I wasn't thinking I'd ever try to offer anyone any astrological advice as I didn't feel confident bur when friends come whining, you may reconsider. :) And you may be even right! :D

Minderwiz

Ronia, I think you did an excellent job there - you shouldn't be so self deprecating. :)

FireHermit, Astrology is rather like life, some Astrologers are indeed fatalistic other see it much more as a tool to inform decisions, and decisions involve choices and some freedom of will.

As Ronia says, if you want to take things further then you're going to have to look at the other planets and learn about the features of a chart - in particular the houses, which are associated with particular areas of life. The most important of these is the Ascendant or first house. This is the sign rising over the eastern horizon when you were born (or an that you are interested in happens). The Ascendant sign and its ruler, plus Sun and Moon are the big three but the other's add more structure and colour to your chart.

Have you tried out one of the free sites, such as Astro.com to generate your own chart yet?

Ronia

Thank you, Minderwiz! From you it means a lot! :) We're all learning. This was just my point of view. For example, you are studying Hellenistic and they were far more fatalistic in their understating, as far as I know and from what I read on the Hellenistic thread. I guess each one has to decide what works for them and follow through.