Deck cleaning and what tarot book to buy? Help please!

Extraterrestrial

magicjack - thank U for the link! I take a look. ;)

Gbgirl1705 - hmm, okay, thank U! I haven´t shuffle them to get the cards "ready". I just shuffle and when I say in my mind ´stop´, then I stop and spread the cards.

Well, now I think I should shuffle them "ready" and then I can start focusing a question while shuffling and spreading. :D

SaturnCeleste

Hello! I am not sure, if its on right place, but ...

I recently bought Golden Tarot deck. I am not sure how to properly clean and prepare GT cards before readings etc. Is there some specific affirmation for that? How you do it? Do you cleanse them for all the readings, even if you do readings many times a day? (So far I have done it with other deck and a bit of GT deck)

Second - I don´t truly understand the meanings of the tarot cards. I know I should buy tarot guidebook but does it matter what book? Or all the tarot books suit well for different tarot decks?

All suggestions and helpful information are welcome! Thank you! :)

I use: The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need: Gain insight and truth to help explain the past, present, and future. Paperback – February 1, 2008 Written by Skye Alexander when I use a book. I prefer not using a book if I can help it.

If your Tarot deck is the Golden Tarot by Kat Black, the symbols are very close to Rider-Waite. If you can read a Rider-Waite deck you can read Kat Black's Golden Tarot. I do use that deck in conjunction with the Archangel Raphael oracle deck for healing readings or if my client prefers biblical images to other images.

Extraterrestrial

I use: The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need: Gain insight and truth to help explain the past, present, and future. Paperback – February 1, 2008 Written by Skye Alexander when I use a book. I prefer not using a book if I can help it.

If your Tarot deck is the Golden Tarot by Kat Black, the symbols are very close to Rider-Waite. If you can read a Rider-Waite deck you can read Kat Black's Golden Tarot. I do use that deck in conjunction with the Archangel Raphael oracle deck for healing readings or if my client prefers biblical images to other images.

Yes, I do know a bit Rider-Waite´s deck. Um, I think now that one day I visit a esoteric shop, I check all the tarot books, and the one, which calls me or I feel that I should take it - I take it. :D

Grizabella

I never cleanse a deck. I don't feel it's necessary. If I did, though, I'd probably use white sage.

Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack is excellent. I like it better than her first book.

Anthony Louis has also written a very good book for when you get more experienced and it's called Tarot Beyond the Basics so you might want to write that one down for later. I don't have the first book of his that was mentioned.

Holly doll

I don't cleanse - they're just card & ink ;)
Tarot Fundamentals is a good book, with insights from quite a few good authors. It has photos of various decks, with different aspects & symbols of the card highlighted to give more depth & understanding.

Extraterrestrial

Thank U all!

But I personally feel that .. I need to cleanse my deck. Not sure yet, should I continue it (laziness) for every reading but since 2013 I have done it for every reading. :D