feedback wanted...My second deck in progress...

dandelion

Greetings Yaraluna! What appeals to me most about your Empress card is how much the Empress reminds me of Kali – wild flowing hair, dark skin, dancing freely. I know Kali probably wasn’t your intention with this card, and some of the other symbols don't really fit her, but that’s what I see nonetheless! She really shines. :)

The only thing I could suggest which you may want to add to your Empress card, would be to give the Empress a tool of some sort in hand – a sword, a staff, a butterfly net… whatever feels appropriate to you.

Lovely work – it sure looks like you’re having fun!

Sidhe-Ra

Beautiful colours, and very expressive! Well done :)

Wings

Empress...?

as a sketch it has lovely energy and depth...but what principles of the
Empress where you tring to represent?...my empress is green and calm and surrounded with fruit blooms and babies to represent the natural 'givingness'
and abundance of untaped Nature...and sometimes it's hard to comment on a piece if you don't 'get' it and rather be negative you just pass on...
but paint your Tarot and you will be on a path of growth as an artist and a person....will check on your progress...
Hugs wings
e

yaraluna

Wings said:
as a sketch it has lovely energy and depth...but what principles of the
Empress where you tring to represent?...my empress is green and calm and surrounded with fruit blooms and babies to represent the natural 'givingness'
and abundance of untaped Nature...and sometimes it's hard to comment on a piece if you don't 'get' it and rather be negative you just pass on...
but paint your Tarot and you will be on a path of growth as an artist and a person....will check on your progress...
Hugs wings
e

I am not sure how to take your post wings. if you are referring to the possible dissimilarities to the 'traditional-standard' RW version of what tarot is, then it will dissonate in your eyes and challenge your mind.

there are other meanings for the cards other than the RW and that is what i am going for: combination of traditional and non traditional meanings. each card in the tarot has several layers of meanings,but only one or two are protrayed in the cards (RW, etc) and thus later become the "standard" meanings.

my empress calls on the abundance, reaping fruits as well as the reverse side of it-the small person to the right.

This scan is a work in progress/sketch.

yara

Wings

Sorry...

Thanks Yaraluna for responding...I really didn't get what this was and after reading your explanation I do get it...this is the second Empress I've seen that challanges my assumptions and opens my mind to new possibilities,as a first spontanious sketch it is awsome...and I appreciate you sharing your procces with us. I just don't think we need only gushing responces but some critical exploring. I just posted two of my latest images and I got some raves for one (The Universe) but not a peep about the other,leaves me wondering?
Maybe no one gets it or likes it...?
You are an original thinker and a true artist and I hope I didn't offend you.
looking forward to new insights (and the comlimentery oppisite red dress hinting of this other aspect of the mother is BRILLIANT)
Hugs...Wings