feedback wanted...My second deck in progress...

yaraluna

My first deck's drawings were lost in my last two computers, so i had to start from scratch with a new and different energy all around.
I have shown you some of my collage deck which i've been working on and re-working the past years and it is still in progress.

I was thinking about shwoing it to you , a pic at least, last year, but i was kind of embarrassed of my not so realist art style.

Here I am showing you a pic of one of the deck cards I have been working on in tha past couple of years. I want to continue this journey with this deck to see where it takes me.
I am no super naturalist-realist artist :( , but I have my own style i believe. :p

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45792478/

I would like your feedback on this deck as much as possible since it is a stretch for me to work with the energy of the traditional tarot archetypes and in a non-digital medium.

Thank you for your feedback!! :D

PS: the scan really muted the colors especially the dark ones. sorry:(
yara

yaraluna

ok so 20+ people have viewed this post but noone has replied yet? :(

bummer!

MrsOnePotato

yaraluna said:
ok so 20+ people have viewed this post but noone has replied yet? :(

Aww...I was just in the process of writing out my thoughts! Here goes...I'm at work now, so I'll try to write more later...

There is no need to make an attempt at realism. This card is lovely, and there is a lot of spirit in the drawing! The best parts are the parts that look the most confident...the sun, the plants trailing down, and the beautiful little snail! Stay loose, and don't try to be realistic...you are good at drawing!

:) MrsOnePotato

MrsOnePotato

Oops...I just realized the image could be viewed larger, and I see clearly that it is a butterfly, not a snail. No matter...it is a nice little critter either way. The flower in the lower left is nice too!

MrsOnePotato

yaraluna

hey Mrsonepotato! you calle dmy butterflya snail? :mad:

that's what i thought after i finished the drawing!! LOL:D for some reason it looks like a snail ROFL! oh well, next one i guess.

you say that the best looking ones are the plants, etc. so the figure woman doesn't quite fit? I've been hesitant about her but we'll see what the other drawings come up like when finished.
I paint in oils and mixed media as well as do other things. my paintings are very particular thus my hesitancy at continuing my Tarot project in non-digital medium.
I was thinking of just changing the whole thing to the typical archetypal tarot (rider-white style) but that would be putting my 'perfectionist' side ahead of my heart. :) so i am sticking with it. I can then let my perfectionist side play with the digital media at leisure. LOL:D

thanks
yara :cool5:

Ashara

I honestly have to say that it is not my style, BUT, there is a lot of energy and feeling in the painting. This is great artwork from which you can work intuitively! I say, keep them coming! :D

Chronata

Oh Yaraluna!
Your Empress is lovely!

I am so glad you are sharing your art here!

This card has amazing energy! It flows and dances...I think it comes mostly from the goddess up there on the fruit...:D The rest of the card is nice...but it's her that I really want to focus on!

I can see the inspiration of what the Empress is all about from your card.

I have to say...it's art like yours..raw, heartfelt, full of personal and unique style.... that I find myself more drawn to nowadays...I think it may be a sort of backlash from all the computer generated/collaged images out there...

Although I do remember your collage work too...and found itlovely as well.

This is fresh and exciting to me! I really really hope you continue! I would love to see more!!!!

Tara2007

I like her (The Empress). She conveys a very modern woman kind of feeling to me and added to that is that bright beautiful sun, glowing with parental warmth and healthy light. There is a spirit of brightness in general about this image, that appeals to me personally, despite what you mentioned about some of the colors being off.

My question is about the 2nd woman in the picture. Who is she? Tell me why you included her in this image?

yaraluna

Thank you so kindly for your answers.~blush~blush

I was doubtfull since i first drew the empress as to whether it really expressed my view, without being taken too 'feminist' (ie:motherpeace type of thing). i went with my gut feeling and the free energy that wanted to be on paper for a long time.

*thank you so much Robyn for your comments. I have dedicated my bit of free time more to the digital deck in progress than this one. however, this deck has been in the works for a long time and it has been calling to be finished. so, we'll see what happens as i start my routined busy schedule next week.

*thank you Tara for your comments and i am happy that some of you like it.
the second woman is the reversed meaning of the empress to me.

if i were to use reverse meaning for the empress (fertility, free creativity, passion, balance), i would use that image of a woman counting beans and covered in dark color clothes (repression of creativity, indulgence in the mind and not much the spirit, etc). At least that is what wanted to mean and be put on the paper when i worked on it. :D

however, with that said, the cards are open to more inuitive (getting to the roots of the subconscious) readings from the person looking at them.

that is why i value your opinion here b/c this is a good place to see whether my vision of things can be shared with others, and not only please my ego.:p

gracias!
yara

Tara2007

The more I look at this image the more I like it. I now see the 2nd woman as a kind of oppressed person, sad and feeling like she has no power to improvce her station. "Not at all!" shouts the Empress, dancing on the world, light flowing all around her. She is really a modern version of the emancipated woman, I think. Happy and confident.

Oh, but, yes, that "butterfly" is rather snail-like isn't he? (hey, wait until I post images I"ve drawn and you can get even!!)

Seriously, I like this deck. A little busier than I usually like but this one is easy on the eyes as the saying goes.

Good work!