Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Ronia

The chart cast has Virgo rising, making your significator Mercury. Mercury is in it's own sign of Gemini and that's the tenth whole sign house - it also contains the MC, though by Regiomontanus Mercury would be in the ninth. This strongly shows your desire for a new job. However the desire or priority alone doesn't necessarily mean that the job will come to you. You have to go looking - which you are already doing.

As both you and the job are ruled by Mercury, I need a different significator for the job, to examine the situation further. There are several ways of doing this but the usual preferred way is to go for a planet in the house. In this case there are two. Mars at 27 degrees and the Sun at 29 degrees. Both are late on in the sign, especially the Sun which is will pass into Cancer within six hours. So I'll use Mars.

Mars actually offers a reasonable outcome. Firstly it is in an applying conjunction with the MC but better still it's in a partile sextile to the Moon in Leo. As the Moon is your co-significator and as the aspect is not quite perfected *though it will perfect shortly) that suggests a successful outcome to the question.

Things to consider are:

Mars is peregrine in Gemini.
Mars is combust though now heading in the right direction
Mars is ruled by Mercury (your significator)
Mars is Direct
Mars is Oriental
Mars is angular in the tenth

Overall it just shades into positive dignity, more so if there's no subtraction for being Peregrine.

Negative points:

Mars may not be a good significator of your type of job. I would have thought Venus would be better (Mercury is applying to a sextile with Venus but Venus is in the twelfth, as is the Moon.

When I cast this chart I was allowing for you including your present employment in the question - so I could not at that point rule out an improvement in your current circumstances or at least no deterioration.

I took a look at income prospects to test for that one. Venus rules your second house of income. Venus is applying to Jupiter the benefic of Sect and just after it conjoins with Jupiter, Mercury (your significator) will sextile Jupiter. So Jupiter collects the light from Venus and passes it on to Mercury. That again is promising.

The overall outcome of this chart suggests that something positive should happen but I can't rule out that being an improvement in your current employment

All the other attempts I made to cast a chart based on the job being entirely new failed to produce a radical chart, all had malefics aspecting the first or seventh and two had either an early or late degree rising. So let's cross our fingers and hope that the first chart is the genuine chart. Keep those applications going and even think about asking for a raise. You have gone to the job, so you have to take the initiative.

Well, Minderwiz, I am so happy! Hooray! :))))) Some astrologers take the same significator for querent and questited to mean a "yes" as in "you are one" but I have no experience with many horaries of that kind, so I don't know. It's true Mars for my job... I don't know how to treat this. Is it necessary the planet we take for a significator to be comfortable with the quesited, so to speak? What if such a planet is not in the house of the querent's significator like in tjis case?

I'm on my way to work, I'll be back later, thanks a bunch! You're a star! :)

Minderwiz

Well, Minderwiz, I am so happy! Hooray! :))))) Some astrologers take the same significator for querent and questited to mean a "yes" as in "you are one" but I have no experience with many horaries of that kind, so I don't know. It's true Mars for my job... I don't know how to treat this. Is it necessary the planet we take for a significator to be comfortable with the quesited, so to speak? What if such a planet is not in the house of the querent's significator like in tjis case?

I'm on my way to work, I'll be back later, thanks a bunch! You're a star! :)

I've checked both Sahl, Masha'allah on this, plus Bonetti (who translated them) and they all say that if the ruler of the first is in the house of the quesited then the matter will come to pass. This isn't quite as clear in later writers. My feeling is that at the very least it represents that the thing in question can be attained (though not necessarily will be attained)

That the ruler of the house and planets within the house of the quesited signify the quesited (or if in the Ascendant then the querent) is common to all writers. In my experience the need to fall back on planets in the house, other than the ruler is quite rare. It requires either the Lord of the Ascendant (or the Moon) to aspect the house in question and accurately enough to apply to an aspect.

Sahl and Masha'allah seem to suggest that the weighting of the outcome in such circumstances depends on the number of planets and their relative strength. In this case there's the Sun, which I've discounted because it is about to leave the house and is furthest from the cusp. Whether the answer should be weighted more negatively to allow for this is open to discussion but my feeling is that it doesn't count for an awful lot.

Mars is in the tenth so it counts though it's some distance from Mercury and the cusp. Again there might be an argument that Mars doesn't carry much weight because of that feature.

Given that Mercury rules the tenth and is in it, my feeling is that there's a yes answer here, Mars and the Moon strengthen that conclusion. The job might not be in the bag but you have a very good chance of getting it. If the ruler of the tenth was in the first, Sahl and Masha'allah take the view that the job will come to you, without much effort.

I'm not sure that I should have introduced Venus for a job significator but it does fit in that role, so there's three pieces of evidence all pointing to the same outcome.

Venus is definitely Lord 2 so conclusions for the income side of the question should hold.

Ronia

I've checked both Sahl, Masha'allah on this, plus Bonetti (who translated them) and they all say that if the ruler of the first is in the house of the quesited then the matter will come to pass. This isn't quite as clear in later writers. My feeling is that at the very least it represents that the thing in question can be attained (though not necessarily will be attained)

Did they mean whole houses? Or would they see Mercury as in the 9th? Or is it most important what the astrologer would use?

That the ruler of the house and planets within the house of the quesited signify the quesited (or if in the Ascendant then the querent) is common to all writers. In my experience the need to fall back on planets in the house, other than the ruler is quite rare. It requires either the Lord of the Ascendant (or the Moon) to aspect the house in question and accurately enough to apply to an aspect.

I'm a bit lost on this one. Is this the current situation? The Sun is in the 10th and the Moon is in partial sextile with a planet in the 10th and therefore aspects the house but I'm not sure I got it right.

Sahl and Masha'allah seem to suggest that the weighting of the outcome in such circumstances depends on the number of planets and their relative strength. In this case there's the Sun, which I've discounted because it is about to leave the house and is furthest from the cusp. Whether the answer should be weighted more negatively to allow for this is open to discussion but my feeling is that it doesn't count for an awful lot.

Mars is in the tenth so it counts though it's some distance from Mercury and the cusp. Again there might be an argument that Mars doesn't carry much weight because of that feature.

Hm, I was very enthusiastic the other day but the more I read you, the more I feel it's gonna be another failure. I've never seen a chart with second ruler assigned (from the planets in the house of questited) working out so I'll have to wait and see. But it's a bit disheartening that I seem to never get a clear chart if it's about something positive. Only negative ones are clear.

Given that Mercury rules the tenth and is in it, my feeling is that there's a yes answer here, Mars and the Moon strengthen that conclusion. The job might not be in the bag but you have a very good chance of getting it. If the ruler of the tenth was in the first, Sahl and Masha'allah take the view that the job will come to you, without much effort.

I wish so.

I'm not sure that I should have introduced Venus for a job significator but it does fit in that role, so there's three pieces of evidence all pointing to the same outcome.

Venus is definitely Lord 2 so conclusions for the income side of the question should hold.

I was wondering about that because it's Jupiter bringing Venus and me together and she also rules the 9th... It may be just a short vacation, I guess.

To answer some of your comments in the previous post: I don't want to ask for a raise or continue doind this job for reasons which go far beyond the financial side. I need and want a new and better job.

Minderwiz

Did they mean whole houses? Or would they see Mercury as in the 9th? Or is it most important what the astrologer would use?

Sahl and Masha'allah followed the Hellenistic Astrologers and used both Whole Sign Houses and Quadrant Houses (probably Alcabitus). For Horary it seems that hey used WSH most of the time, so they would probably have treated Mercury as tenth house/place. Obviously if you use a quadrant system for Horary, then Mercury will be in the ninth and you won't reach the same conclusion.

Ronia said:
I'm a bit lost on this one. Is this the current situation? The Sun is in the 10th and the Moon is in partial sextile with a planet in the 10th and therefore aspects the house but I'm not sure I got it right

Horary Astrologers right up to and including Lilly listed planets in the relevant house (First house or the house of the quesited) as significators of the matter.

However the practice seems to be to use the house ruler as the main significator and only take the others into account if there's something special going on - such as an aspect from one of the other main significators. In this case you have the Moon applying to Mars, which is in the tenth (whichever type of house system you use). This aspect can't be ignored - it's a piece of evidence suggesting the outcome will be favourable. This is especially so as the Moon will then go on to sextile the Sun (before it changes sign).

Again it comes back to how much emphasis you place on this. Personally, I've not come across many examples as good as this. Usually either the house is empty or the planet or planets in it are not aspected by other relevant significators. I have had ones in the last few months where the ruler of the Ascendant is aspecting the MC but, apart from the Ascendant, there seems to be no unity on the idea of aspects to house cusps. So I've not given a positive response on that alone.

Ronia said:
Hm, I was very enthusiastic the other day but the more I read you, the more I feel it's gonna be another failure. I've never seen a chart with second ruler assigned (from the planets in the house of questited) working out so I'll have to wait and see. But it's a bit disheartening that I seem to never get a clear chart if it's about something positive. Only negative ones are clear.

You may be right here because I've never seen it either but then I've never seen a chart with the application from the Moon being so close and the planet itself being so close to the MC. So we're both in a wait and see mode.

For what it's worth, I feel the chance is good. I didn't mention the second application of the Moon to the Sun in the reading but it seems to add to the emphasis on the matter being perfected.

If, and it's a big If, you preferred to use Venus as the natural significator of the type of job you are looking for, then there's the Mercury/Venus application.

Venus is often used in profession/career horaries to determine the type of profession, as it is in nativities. Mercury and Mars are the other two main planets used. Now that usage seems to link to the rulership of the MC or Venus in the tenth. That's not the case here so I don't place a lot of emphasis on Venus in this horary - apart from its rulership of your income. However it does give an additional positive indicator, so whilst I'm sure it's not enough in itself, it might just tip the outcome.

Ronia

Thank you for the clarification, Minderwiz. it turns out it's an interesting chart... I hadn't thought about the Moon-Sun sextile right after the Moon-Mars sextile. I guess my doubts are related to Mars as a significator of the job because it's a planet in the house not the ruler. Technically it's Mercury which would fit my job description. I am a PR (communications) person and while I do mostly events, it's still about communication and is part of the PR field and is considered a communications tool. If I could choose I'd choose Mercury+Venus for the fun and glamour part in the arts field. But if I had to choose only one planet, that would be Mercury for sure.

Well, I will certainly report! If the Moon-Mars aspect is to bring an interview, that shouldn't be too far away. :)

Minderwiz

Reading for Junethird

Hello Minderwiz!

I thought about drawing up my own chart but instead opt for asking my question on your thread :)

I was wondering about any longterm romnce coming my way in the near future? Currently im very single.

Well this chart I couldn't believe but as the Moon is not VOC, though it is in the last degree of Sagittarius, I decided I have no option but to use it. As you will see the Ascendant, is in partile conunction with Jupiter and Venus which are both in the same degree and minute.

So as it's Leo, your principal significator is the Sun, though with Venus and Jupiter on the Ascendant, they must have significance, especially as Venus is a general significator for relationships and this is a relationship question.

The Sun in Cancer is in the twelfth house. That is not a good placement. Moreover the Sun is Peregrine, which reinforces the overall conclusion that the Sun is not of much use. It signifies an inability to do anything without help.

The love interest in signified by Saturn. Saturn is retrograde in the last degree of Scorpio and in the fourth house. That's also not a particularly good indicator, especially as it is not making any aspect to the Sun (though there is a trine by sign, it's not strong enough to deliver a successful outcome). It is angular (just) and it is in it's own terms, so it is not in as bad condition as the Sun.

In such circumstances, the next thing to look at is the Moon. At 29 degrees Sagittarius it is not applying to Sun or Saturn but is applying to an opposition with Mars.

At this point the situation doesn't look good. However Saturn is applying (because it's retrograde) to the Ascendant/Jupiter/Venus conjunction. It is an application by square, which signifies difficulties and sadly it's a square that will never perfect, as Saturn will turn Direct at 28 degrees 16 Scorpio a month to the day from today.

So whilst Saturn appears to offer something of a chance, I don't think that chance will come off. But, I do have to allow for good luck given this chart. Firstly the Two benefics in conjunction on the Ascendant bring good fortune to you. Secondly Saturn, the significant other rules the Lot of Fortune which is in Aquarius in the Seventh and Saturn is conjunct the fixed star Toliman, which is associated with good fortune.

So there's a possibility, though I think it is slim, that fortune will override the basing patterns and significations here. At least that's something to cling to.

Attachments

• Junethird July 2015.pdf
    139 KB · Views: 115

junethird

Well this chart I couldn't believe but as the Moon is not VOC, though it is in the last degree of Sagittarius, I decided I have no option but to use it. As you will see the Ascendant, is in partile conunction with Jupiter and Venus which are both in the same degree and minute.

So as it's Leo, your principal significator is the Sun, though with Venus and Jupiter on the Ascendant, they must have significance, especially as Venus is a general significator for relationships and this is a relationship question.

The Sun in Cancer is in the twelfth house. That is not a good placement. Moreover the Sun is Peregrine, which reinforces the overall conclusion that the Sun is not of much use. It signifies an inability to do anything without help.

The love interest in signified by Saturn. Saturn is retrograde in the last degree of Scorpio and in the fourth house. That's also not a particularly good indicator, especially as it is not making any aspect to the Sun (though there is a trine by sign, it's not strong enough to deliver a successful outcome). It is angular (just) and it is in it's own terms, so it is not in as bad condition as the Sun.

In such circumstances, the next thing to look at is the Moon. At 29 degrees Sagittarius it is not applying to Sun or Saturn but is applying to an opposition with Mars.

At this point the situation doesn't look good. However Saturn is applying (because it's retrograde) to the Ascendant/Jupiter/Venus conjunction. It is an application by square, which signifies difficulties and sadly it's a square that will never perfect, as Saturn will turn Direct at 28 degrees 16 Scorpio a month to the day from today.

So whilst Saturn appears to offer something of a chance, I don't think that chance will come off. But, I do have to allow for good luck given this chart. Firstly the Two benefics in conjunction on the Ascendant bring good fortune to you. Secondly Saturn, the significant other rules the Lot of Fortune which is in Aquarius in the Seventh and Saturn is conjunct the fixed star Toliman, which is associated with good fortune.

So there's a possibility, though I think it is slim, that fortune will override the basing patterns and significations here. At least that's something to cling to.

Well no surprise here... The story of my love life. Altho in my experience with horary, a bad chart is not the final outcome but only for the time period, regardless of a late degree. I do have to note that saturn rx has brought me funny results. It usually and it did bring my past romance to the present ever since it went retro. But i think he, was in sag by then. And saturn is much nicer to me in when he is direct in scorpio. Again he brings the same person back into my life. Ive noticed ever since saturn entered scorpio he caused me major delays specially when he went retro. Which is funny as i have natal saturn rx, i thought the energy would be easier to handle. My energy and enthusiasm for love is pretty much watered down, and i guess i could do much more to help my situation. I could reach out first to my past as i know he wants to talk to me or more like cave in as its a battle of who has a stronger will at this point or I could go out more. But i have not met anyone new recently. Altho the male attention i do attract during this period is very strange. Its men in an innapropriate age/situation categoryfor myself. Its frustrating. Its too bad no one new or exciting is coming in right now for me... I guess ill wait until August maybe the fates will be kinder to me then.Thank you!

Minderwiz

Reading for thasheddoll

it's me again, and I promise it's not about the same guy..
so recently I started seeing/sleeping with a guy (pisces, I'm a taurus) who I have a slight history with, who kind of broke my heart the first time around.. we were casual at the time and he had made it clear that he didn't want a serious relationship which was weird to me because I was just going with the flow and wasn't trying to pressure him into anything serious, but the sex was great and we had a strong spiritual connection.. one night a few of us went to the bar and one of my very close friends was there who he had slept with before.. I didn't think it was a big deal but then I noticed them canoodling, got jealous and asked him if they were going to hook up to which he said no.. as soon as I turned around they were gone.. I was so hurt by both of them but couldn't really do anything about it since he had made it clear he didn't wanna be serious..

anyway that's in the past.. I still see him around sometimes and we have hung out since then just not romantically, but then a week ago we slept together again.. again great chemistry, great sex, and what's nice is I'm not feeling that sort of intensity where I feel I need to hang onto him.. we seem to be on the same page as far as it being casual, but because I feel like we have such an intense spiritual connection I can't help but have feelings of love for him.. I'm definitely not quite in love in love with him but I'm afraid that if I show those kind of emotions it might scare him away cause I think that that's what drove him away last time... I would love to get your insight on the situation.. what are his feelings? is the same thing gonna happen again? I am enjoying it for what it is but very curious about where it may go.. looking forward to your reply

The chart cast has Virgo rising, making your significator Mercury and his Significator Jupiter (ruler of the Seventh whole sign house of Pisces}.

Mercury is placed in Gemini in the tenth, and is therefore both essentially and accidentally well dignified. But it is in the detriment of Jupiter, which is not a good start to his feelings for you. Mercury is not in any dignity of Jupiter, so the chart bears out your statement that you're not (quite) in love with him. The Detriment in this placement might just indicate vulnerability - the fear that you are going to fall in love but I don't think that's the case. It might if Mercury was in a house of Jupiter but here, I think it suggests that he isn't in love with you.

Jupiter is in Leo, and is the triplicity ruler for the Fire Signs - that gives it essential dignity but in Leo, it's in the twelfth place. That's often associated with secret and hidden things but its original meaning is enmity and sorrow. So again I don't see this placement supporting a relationship.

There is some indication of attraction to you, as Jupiter is in the terms of Mercury. Terms or Bounds are not a strong dignity, so I'd put it as attraction, rather than love.

Leo and Gemini are in a sextile relationship so again there's attraction but t seems to be a passing or past attraction because Mercury is separating from Jupiter. That could be an indicator of the previous relationship with him but unless that was quite recently, I think it might be an indication that the same thing will happen unless you treat the relationship as ephemeral rather than permanent. It might happen anyway.

The Moon, which acts as your co-significator, is in Pisces in the Seventh and this gives the clearest indication of your desires for something more. As the Moon signifies instinctive reactions and motivations, this shows your instinctive need for this relationship. The Moon will make no aspect to Jupiter but it is in a partile and almost perfect opposition to the Ascendant, which also signifies you. So your instinctual reactions are not working in your favour.

So, he has some attraction to you but I don't see any indicator of him wanting anything more than he has now and I do see a risk that you will be hurt when he moves on.

There's an argument that you should enjoy it for what it is and if you can accept that then you might avoid the hurt but don't expect too much beyond what you have. I don't see it happening.

Attachments

• Thrasheddoll July 2015.pdf
    139 KB · Views: 115

thrasheddoll

The chart cast has Virgo rising, making your significator Mercury and his Significator Jupiter (ruler of the Seventh whole sign house of Pisces}.

Mercury is placed in Gemini in the tenth, and is therefore both essentially and accidentally well dignified. But it is in the detriment of Jupiter, which is not a good start to his feelings for you. Mercury is not in any dignity of Jupiter, so the chart bears out your statement that you're not (quite) in love with him. The Detriment in this placement might just indicate vulnerability - the fear that you are going to fall in love but I don't think that's the case. It might if Mercury was in a house of Jupiter but here, I think it suggests that he isn't in love with you.

Jupiter is in Leo, and is the triplicity ruler for the Fire Signs - that gives it essential dignity but in Leo, it's in the twelfth place. That's often associated with secret and hidden things but its original meaning is enmity and sorrow. So again I don't see this placement supporting a relationship.

There is some indication of attraction to you, as Jupiter is in the terms of Mercury. Terms or Bounds are not a strong dignity, so I'd put it as attraction, rather than love.

Leo and Gemini are in a sextile relationship so again there's attraction but t seems to be a passing or past attraction because Mercury is separating from Jupiter. That could be an indicator of the previous relationship with him but unless that was quite recently, I think it might be an indication that the same thing will happen unless you treat the relationship as ephemeral rather than permanent. It might happen anyway.

The Moon, which acts as your co-significator, is in Pisces in the Seventh and this gives the clearest indication of your desires for something more. As the Moon signifies instinctive reactions and motivations, this shows your instinctive need for this relationship. The Moon will make no aspect to Jupiter but it is in a partile and almost perfect opposition to the Ascendant, which also signifies you. So your instinctual reactions are not working in your favour.

So, he has some attraction to you but I don't see any indicator of him wanting anything more than he has now and I do see a risk that you will be hurt when he moves on.

There's an argument that you should enjoy it for what it is and if you can accept that then you might avoid the hurt but don't expect too much beyond what you have. I don't see it happening.

I often fantasize about whether or not a relationship is going to turn into something long-term, but I think I'm on the same page with being comfortable with what this is.. I do like him but I don't get the vibe that it will be something more serious from his end, so I guess there you're right.. what makes you think that he will move on before I do?

Minderwiz

Reading for LittleOne - Progress

I've cast a chart but it has early degrees rising and the significators in late degrees. A bit of a mishmash. So I'll try again tomorrow