Show your stuff!

mysticmonkey

Wumpie those photos are great. Really eye catching.

I love the Natural History Museum. That's where I bought my first crystal on a school trip quite a few years ago now. It was a Rose Quartz and I think it cost me something like 30 pence at the time. I remember spending a lot of time picking out just the right one. :D

wumpkie

Thank you catbaloo and OOOOOOOOOOO *stamps up and down* I'm so excited :D

Talking of first crystals I remember my first one. My mum and I were at the Sandringham Craft show/fayre many moons ago (before I hit nine) and I remember seeing some crystals on a stall and my mum brought me a small piece of tumbled moss agate. Now if I had of known my interest would have been as great as it is now I would have taken better care of it...and maybe not have lost it....ahem....At the time I didn't actually know what sort of crystal it was, but now looking back I wonder why out of all them that was the crystal that was chosen. Also, out of all the years that have gone past I can still remember exactly what the crystal looks like. Makes you think :)

flicker
Yum Yum to your crystals :D I'm liking the Lithium aswell well, how exciting. May I just say I love the cloth and what appears to be your table as well :D

HearthCricket

Very lovely! I especially am attracted to the smokey quartz pieces and the lithium. Lovely colours! Thank you for sharing your pictures!!

flicker

Thanks The Lithium Quartz called to me it was what was within it and not the outward look to it.
I had a intense vision about this crystal where a lady with black hair and a blue velvet cloak showed me the exact one. Got me to look at all the terminations of the crystal. She explained, "it must be that crystal not another one will do." so I cant wait for that one.
The blue cloth is a suede shoulder bag I got at a french fair, the other is a Thangka notebook by Bizzybee.
I have a area in my house I am terming bermuda triangle. Everytime I put a crystal there it vanishes, even when the crystal has been on full view. it is always overnight. This happens to be a old chest of draws. My tourmaline and another crystal.
My first crystal wasn't a crystal at all. It was a rock I picked on a beach brown with 3 strippey lines on it that looked like arrows. and I decided to paint it with glittery pink nail varnish, very 80's. I would then clean it with acetone and I painte dit other colours with nailvarnish, when I think about it I embalmed the poor crystal. I feel quite guilty about it:( Not good if it was male it must have felt a bit "julianne clary". I kept it safe for years and saw it as a friend. one day when cleaning things out and putting it on this chest of draws it vanished again overnight. I remember it too like it was yesterday and I recall how happy I was to find it. So I can see how the moss agate and Rose quartz meant so much to you. I wonder why we always lose those first crystals. I always get a longing to find it again.
I did wonder OT= If any of you have a bermuda triangle area in your home where, crystals etc go missing?

wumpkie

flicker said:
My first crystal wasn't a crystal at all. It was a rock I picked on a beach brown with 3 strippey lines on it that looked like arrows. and I decided to paint it with glittery pink nail varnish, very 80's. I would then clean it with acetone and I painte dit other colours with nailvarnish, when I think about it I embalmed the poor crystal. I feel quite guilty about it:( Not good if it was male it must have felt a bit "julianne clary". I kept it safe for years and saw it as a friend. one day when cleaning things out and putting it on this chest of draws it vanished again overnight.

My mother is a teacher and once one her pupils picked up a pebble and thought I would like it. And for some reason I just happened to pick up a CD marker and well I defaced the poor pebble. SO you have nothing to fear...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/DSCN3585.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/DSCN3587.jpg

Poor pebble, I'm so sorry :(

HearthCricket

Ah, I love Mr. Pebble Face!!! He is adorable! :)

flicker

LMAO Wumpkie it's fantastic! I like Mr Pebble. He has character.

flicker

when I was thinking of the bermuda triangle area in my house last night. i sat down and asked where my crystals had gone from childhood. I had the answer "You shouldnt say they are for us, because then we think they are ours." I asked and they said we arent telling you. I tried bribeing them with little success. But, I did managed to get one answer and found a rather old rough opal pendant. sitting in a draw in one room. I wanted to share the pic but my camera is gobbling up battery power quickly. Hope to get it up on here soon. I have no idea what Opals are for. I am off to ask.

wumpkie

OOOooo well I hope to see a picture of it soon :)

As for the 'Bermuda Triangle' in our household is definately in my mums bedroom (I still live at home :D) near the window side. When I have let her borrow my crystals they have gone missing also makeup products. She reckons it the feys. I have to admit I think its them too.

On a lighter note I do like the name Mr Pebble Face :D

HearthCricket

I am a really neat person, but there are a few stones missing in my den. One of them is an egg shaped one I bought over the summer, and my owl was watching over him. If it isn't in one of the Halloween decoration boxes (which I doubt since I don't keep my stones that way) I have no idea where it went. I know no one was in here besides my husband and I, so no one clipped it, either, except for the fey. And that is quite possible as it was shimmery and very pretty. I am hoping it will show up again at one of their festivals! Maybe if I give them something new to play with, we can do a trade!

Mr. Pebble Face does have style. Look at that bowtie and his lovely hair! And so pleasant looking. I think you are on to something. He looks ready for a wife. ;) What fun party favours they would make!