The Rosetta Tarot

Wee_Gypsy

My ears have been ringing again.....

Is my niece talking about me again?, Jeez!

Thanks for mailing that today...
I will see this deck (in person) in about 2 weeks...believe me I have been looking at the website, but I am sure like any other cool deck it dosen't do the ACTUAL in the flesh deck justice.

*marks 1st to 2nd week of December on my calender...and I wait. But not so patiently LOL JK kinda...

Hemera

Is anybody interested in a Study Group for this deck? The deck creator has promised to help us and join in occasionally if we start a group... :)

Wee_Gypsy

Is anybody interested in a Study Group for this deck? The deck creator has promised to help us and join in occasionally if we start a group... :)

I would be interested in one

Babalon Jones

Yup, it is true :)

If you guys get a few people and start a group, I'd love to help out with that!

Nickigirl

I think I'd be interested in a study group, as long as it's something I can drop in on now and again, as I'm unable right now to commit to something too intense.

Nickigirl

Oh, and once I actually get the deck, that is! LOL
So excited!!! :)

Lord Adonia

I appreciate this deck until I see the nine of disks, the nine of disks is disappointing because it is nine sliding pegs and the deck begins to lose its occult meaning when comparing this to the Thoth deck. I though the deck was going to have each card use the Crowley deck as the basis, this card does not appear to do this.

The other cards are great and I have no real criticisms from the previews I have seen and will consider purchasing the deck despite this.

Babalon Jones

Hi Lord Adonia,

It is true that I branch out on some of the cards; the Rosetta Tarot is not intended to be a slavish clone of the Thoth but rather a Thoth-inspired deck. I love the Thoth deck, but the design for the 9 of Disks in it I found rather uninspiring.

Maybe this will help you see how it does relate to the Thoth:

The "sliding pegs" you refer to are the emerald green beads of an abacus, a device used for counting and calculating sums, usually by merchants.

Crowley says of Gain, the Nine of Disks, that "it reckons up its winnings; it does not worry its head about whether anything is won when all is won. This card is ruled by Venus. It purrs with satisfaction at having harvested what it has sowed; it rubs its hands and sits at ease." (Book of Thoth, pg 187)

It is Venus in Virgo - and astrologically, Venus rules money while Virgo rules accounting.
As I say in the Book of Seshet, Venus loves luxury and Virgo loves counting.

The four scales of Venus are Emerald Green, Sky Blue, spring Green, Bright Rose or cerise, rayed pale green. The four color scales of Virgo are yellowish green, slate grey, green grey and Plum. The Princess Scale for Yesod is Citrine, flecked azure.

As I have incorporated most of those colors in the design, the color scales have been followed. I think that due to Aleister's commentary in BOT, the astrological attributions, and also the Golden Dawn color scales this card thus both follows the Thoth deck as the basis and preserves the occult meaning, but of course I would })

BodhiSeed

I appreciate this deck until I see the nine of disks, the nine of disks is disappointing because it is nine sliding pegs and the deck begins to loose its occult meaning when comparing this to the Thoth deck. I though the deck was going to have each card use the Crowley deck as the basis, this card does not appear to do this.

The other cards are great and I have no real criticisms from the previews I have seen and will consider purchasing the deck despite this.

Funny - this is one of my favorite cards!:D