The Rosetta Tarot

Lord Adonia

Babalon Jones,

Thank you for your reply and sincerity on your perspective on how you arrived to using an abacus, an ancient calculator. I certainly appreciate the effort for following the Golden Dawn Color Scales.

When reviewing the Rosetta Tarot cards on line I found the 9 of disk out of sync with the other cards. Perhaps this is something one can accept when acquiring the deck. In the Aleister Crowley Thoth Deck, I always found the 8 of Wands to be disappointing and the four of disks to have an awkward perspective. In the VIA tarot, I found the Devil card disappointing because the card reminded me of cattle in Texas and this ruined the deck for me.

As for the Rosetta Tarot, I found the tiger in the Fool card to be delightful and humorous. Also the Death card, I found the perspective strange and how the fish head is attached to Death to represents a Pre-Osirian God Oannes/Ea to be unique.

Penthasilia

Is anybody interested in a Study Group for this deck? The deck creator has promised to help us and join in occasionally if we start a group... :)

I'll join in- after the new year, finishing up my Maat IDS- but keep me in the loop- would be great to get one completed so that this deck can have it's own link under the study area :D

Received mine in the mail and it is gorgeous! Not getting into too much depth since I am still doing my other IDS- but it is phenomenal ;)

Babalon Jones

Thanks for the comments, Lord Adonia. It is so interesting to me how different people respond to the same images. When I first completed all of the artwork, I had a show, and took a survey asking about peoples favorite and least favorite card of the majors and each suit, hoping to learn something. What I learned though, is that one person's favorite was another persons least favorite, in many cases! Guess it is indifference which is the kiss of death, not love/hate!

BodhiSeed

What I learned though, is that one person's favorite was another persons least favorite, in many cases! Guess it is indifference which is the kiss of death, not love/hate!

Absolutely! Cards that bother me often have more to say than cards I love.:)

Nickigirl

I got mine yesterday! And it really is beautiful! I can't wait to spend some time looking through it and reading the book and using the deck! Yay!!!

Julia123

I kept looking at the scans, gave in and ordered as a birthday present to myself. Am really looking forward to this deck!
Julia

inanna_tarot

what a really interesting little deck! Thoth inspired and really stunning artwork and colours.

Really badly enabled now!!!

abacus

Are those of you who have this deck finding it reads really well?

Nickigirl

I did a couple of self readings and found I read really easily with this deck. I also looked up the cards in the book and found that the descriptions were great. And the cards are just gorgeous! I hate borders on decks but these are really unobtrusive and I don't mind them at all. Loving working with this deck!

Babalon Jones

I'll be away for a couple of days this week, but when I get back I'll try to round up those of you who wanted a study group. Perhaps we could start around the Solstice - the light will be returning and Mercury will no longer be retrograde!