Steampunk Tarot

metatron3

The cardstock is a bit thin, though, but I have lots of decks with thin cardstock.

Ha ah ! Finally found your weakness Steampunk Tarot ! Perfection isn't for you. Muwahahaha.

*Steampunk stare : ¬¬*
*Steampunk hands a cog in chocolate and a cup of hot chocolate*
Yeah well, you can only say that in 85 days ... hahahaha !

*takes the chocolate and eat, defeated by a deck and time*

WyllowLylly

I have it on preorder too (Along with the Zombie Tarot)

I wasn't going to get it at first. Because I figured it'd just be another photo-manipulated card deck. But when I saw that each card was pure art and done specifically for this deck I was won over.

Same here! I can't wait for both of those to come out. I thought I was weird for wanting the zombie deck haha. I'm not a huge Steampunk fan, but when I actually saw this deck I decided I HAD to have it.

HighPriestess

Mine just shipped! HOORAY! So exciting!

iAmRiotEyes

*Steampunk stare : ¬¬*
*Steampunk hands a cog in chocolate and a cup of hot chocolate*
Yeah well, you can only say that in 85 days ... hahahaha !

*takes the chocolate and eat, defeated by a deck and time*

Hey it's you and me both. I haven't even preordered it yet :p

You Are Not Alone.

Everyone is making me excited to get my hands on the deck. Aurgh!

rachelcat

Just got mine last night.

It's a bit too RWSish for me (but then I'm an old, cynical collector . . .) The images also seem a bit sparse, but if you look for symbolic details, they're there. And it's very . . . brown. (But not as brown as the Medieval Cats, which made me give it away.)

Favorite cards so far:
2 of Cups (some alchemy going on!)
Judgement (can't beat an aviatrix/gramophone-playing angel!)

I'll have to look through it again for more favorites.

HighPriestess

Mine just arrived! I was just skimming the book, and I like how each card has a quote that goes with it. Some of them made me giggle. I also like the reading tips. I'd say this is definitely one of the more beginner friendly decks in my collection.

I like the art overall, but many of the figures look too posed to me. They look more like cardboard cutouts than actual people. The World card looks less ecstatic "in person" (although, she does look very confident and in control). The Page of Wands looks so much like a friend of mine, I think he could have easily modeled for the card (except I don't think he's into steampunk).

I love how the Queen of Pentacles looks like she couldn't be bothered for some reason, maybe it's because I normally associate that sort of thing with the Queen of Swords

metatron3

Yo ! Steampunk Tarot ! Come here :D

*steampunk comes in*
Yes ?

*hand a knife and a nutella pot*
Want some ? *eat nutella toasts* Just received a notice, heard you'll be here in 7 days. On a Thursday, a Fifth.

*Steampunk becomes red*
Ah ... really ?

*keep eating nutella toast*
Yup ... you know I was born a Thursday a Fifth and thus each thursday fifth is a bit special in a way of another, right ? *lick nutella on the knife*

*Steampunk looking for a way to run*
Hm. No. Didn't know that ...

*put slowly the licked knife on the table and stares at Steampunk like a psychopath*
I'll be waiting for you ...

Asbestos Mango

metatron3, that was priceless.

I'm having a really crappy day and needed the giggle.

Do some more.

metatron3

metatron3, that was priceless.

I'm having a really crappy day and needed the giggle.

Do some more.

with pleasure ;)
as soon as inspiration come again. Should be like ... soon XD