Steampunk Tarot

dana2012

Isn't that Hermit gorgeous though? Such a great deck even if it didn't reach its full potential.

My favorites are High Priestess (yes, even if I have the same "lack of diversity" issue with this deck), Three of Cups and the whole Royal Court...

HighPriestess

My favorites are High Priestess (yes, even if I have the same "lack of diversity" issue with this deck), Three of Cups and the whole Royal Court...

If the World is the lady dressed in a "belly dancer" outfit with symbols of the four elements, that card is my favourite of the ones I've seen so far (and of course I like the High Priestess, a deck must have a nice High Priestess for me to even consider buying it).

Le Fanu

I've ordered it. We'll see...

dana2012

If the World is the lady dressed in a "belly dancer" outfit with symbols of the four elements, that card is my favourite of the ones I've seen so far (and of course I like the High Priestess, a deck must have a nice High Priestess for me to even consider buying it).

Yes, the World is that beauty... Stunning image with a lot of energy.
Thanks to Essjay now I know how Death card looks like. Grim enough... though I wonder about her means of transportation. If she has a horse, what are her wings for?

HighPriestess

Yes, the World is that beauty... Stunning image with a lot of energy.
Thanks to Essjay now I know how Death card looks like. Grim enough... though I wonder about her means of transportation. If she has a horse, what are her wings for?

Because Power Gives You Wings?

*shrugs* I'm betting they're decorative!

Metafizzypop

I like this deck, cuz I like the steampunk esthetic. But I also find it a little gloomy. The atmosphere sometimes seems glum. The 3 of Cups doesn't look so much like a card showing joy and friendship to me. It looks more like three people stuck having to spend the night in a haunted house and are hoping they get to see the morning.

I do like some of the Majors, though. So I'll probably buy the deck. But I want to see a few more reviews first, from people who have it.

Essjay

I like this deck, cuz I like the steampunk esthetic. But I also find it a little gloomy. The atmosphere sometimes seems glum. The 3 of Cups doesn't look so much like a card showing joy and friendship to me. It looks more like three people stuck having to spend the night in a haunted house and are hoping they get to see the morning.

I do like some of the Majors, though. So I'll probably buy the deck. But I want to see a few more reviews first, from people who have it.

That's the picture quality I think! The actual card does show them laughing with each other but the pov does give it a eerie look I agree.

dana2012

Hurray! I got my "lucky" e-mail from Amazon - they are going to ship my cards any day soon!
As for the colors of the deck, - "Steampunk happens when goths discover brown" :). Gloomy colors are the part of the genre (like old sepia pictures). Interesting though, that the suits in this deck don't have unique for them colors (like yellowish for Wands or blue for Cups). Or it's just my impression?

Asbestos Mango

Woohoo! I've gotten an e-mail from Amazon telling me my Steampunk has shipped.
I should be getting it Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it. From what I've seen, it looks like a lovely, slightly dark but not really DARK dark deck. Attractive in a subdued kind of way.