The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck Parts I, II & III

stefficus

nifty!

i'll take the poor, unwanted hierophant and the queen of swords, please.

i sort of want another, but i will have furiously to think...

All Is One

I would think that the court cards would be the most fun in a mouse deck. :)

Feretian

All Is One, have you been to bed yet? It's what, three or four in the morning?

Santa won't come if you don't sleep.

Stefficus! Thank you! I was actually lying awake in bed last night worrying about the poor shunned cards and wondering why they were the last and if it happens in other community decks and thinking they're like the kids that nobody picks for gym team.

Feretian

GryffinSong said:
I'd like to do the 4 of cups please. :)

Edited to add ... I think I'm allowed to choose two different cards (two copies of each?)

If so, my second choice is 8 of swords. ;)

Four and Ace it is! There will likely be more towards the end ;)

Inana said:
TOC! TOC!
I would like to join! Ace of cups for me, please!

All yours. Choose another, too!

Feretian

This PM covers many points that keep coming up...

Feretian,
I'm interested in joining but I have some questions and I've no time to dig in all the post & related threads... So, please if you can help me with this...
Of course!

The finished deck will be sent to only one member or to all the participants? If sent only to one, will the others have the possibility to see how it looks?
We haven't decided yet; I'll do a poll towards the end, but I believe we will raffle the deck so proceeds can go to the A. Nonny Mouse Program to cover postage costs and such. A scan of the full deck will be posted here on the thread, and with some technical assistance, I hope to make it printer-friendly.

This one will sound kind of silly, but... must all the cards have a mouse on them?
No, but they must be directly related to mouse interests. I believe a cat (shudder) has already made its way onto a card.

I have to do only one copy of my chosen card? I'm asking this because in the ATC I spent a lot of money in printing and postage and I'm not sure I can spend all that again...

This is the part that scares some folks, I think. Because it involves drawing.

NO ARTISTIC TALENT IS REQUIRED, BY THE WAY! :D:D:D

You will draw/paint directly on the card. Use water -proof or -resistant ink, marker or paint. The finished card has to be flexible for shuffling. A sealant of some sort will be used on the final decks.

You will receive two blank Tarot cards plus one as insurance against disaster for every design you pick. You can also trade your second card with someone else if you want to try more designs.

I read that you are sending the cardstock to the participants. Is that correct?
Yes, send a self addressed stamped envelope to me (I'll give my address when I get the blanks), and I will send your cards. Send your finished cards back to me.

You'll have three months (and probably more) to finish the cards.

Wow! sorry and thanks for your help! :)
Not at all....good questions, and timely, since I keep changing the rules slightly, but hey, it's my project nyah na na!:p

Templar Girl

Sorry I will not be able to participate, due to huge offline workload's but I wish everyone well with the project, a wonderful idea. With you all in spirit.
TG

Feretian

Templar Girl said:
Sorry I will not be able to participate, due to huge offline workload's but I wish everyone well with the project, a wonderful idea. With you all in spirit.
TG

Disappointed, but still love you.

Watch this thead! We'll post the whole thing when it's finished!

Grizabella

My suggestion is to just take some plain paper and practice your designs on the plain paper first. Keep designs simple so you won't have to have too much trouble duplicating them onto the cards. Then, if you're going to use Sharpies or pen or something on the actual card, sketch your design lightly onto the card in pencil so you can erase, then go over the lines with your marker or whatever you're using. Usually then you can erase your light pencil markings off the card when you're done, leaving the Sharpie (or whatever you used) intact on the card. Just don't press hard with your pencil. Using a pencil with a soft lead will be of great help in sketching onto the card, but be sure it's a graphite pencil and not a charcoal pencil or colored pencil.

Feretian

Grizabella said:
My suggestion is to just take some plain paper and practice your designs on the plain paper first. Keep designs simple so you won't have to have too much trouble duplicating them onto the cards. Then, if you're going to use Sharpies or pen or something on the actual card, sketch your design lightly onto the card in pencil so you can erase, then go over the lines with your marker or whatever you're using. Usually then you can erase your light pencil markings off the card when you're done, leaving the Sharpie (or whatever you used) intact on the card. Just don't press hard with your pencil. Using a pencil with a soft lead will be of great help in sketching onto the card, but be sure it's a graphite pencil and not a charcoal pencil or colored pencil.

My two cents...be patient and let that ink really dry before you erase! Or you'll get annoying blurs. "White-out" correction fluid will cover ink, too.

All Is One

Feretian, I slept most of the day yesterday, and went to bed at 8 pm. Santa has been here already. I got up at 4 am because the little conga line of mice dancing through my head woke me up. :p