"Can't You Read The Signs?"

Mycroft

As a result of the last scrying session with my candle Buddha, I was of course visited by space aliens who left an intergalactic skateboard on my lawn (unless you believe Prudence's bizarre and outlandish theory about it being a drunken teenager.)

(Click images for larger size)

A space alien and a teenage person with a skateboard

So, a couple of days later I decided to have another go and see if it possible to 'generate synchronicity' for the purpose of divination. Remembering my scientific training (of which I have none) I set out to recreate the steps in my last session. First I had a thirty minute scry which was completely uneventful until right at the end, when the little Buddha seemed to suddenly produce a cigarette lighter in his hand, and mouth the words "I'll show you" at which point the word 'BUTTER' appeared on the side of the lighter.

The time was now 1745 hrs, which meant that by the time I'd expertly microwaved my lasagne, 'Ancient Aliens' would have started, as I'd checked in advance that it was on at 1800 hrs. I watched the programme, wondering if Giorgio was going to mention something about butter coming from outer space, or how cigarette lighters were a product of reverse-engineered alien technology, but sadly none of this transpired. The most interesting part of the programme for me was about Carahunge, which is often referred to as the 'Armenian Stonehenge.' Now according to the show, there are 85 stones in the circle at Carahunge, and they all have holes or 'eyes' drilled through them. Giorgio and friends were also of the opinion that Carahunge's principal stellar alignment is towards Deneb, the bright star in the constellation of Cygnus the swan. http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/carahunge.htm

Some stones with circles, in stone circles

At the end of the programme, I must confess that I felt a little deflated, as nothing in it had really resonated with me at all. I thus decided (after checking my lawn for any alien gifts) to have a little walk and 'Take my question to the world'. After thirty minutes or so, absolutely nothing had grabbed my attention or seemed remotely synchronous, so I decided to return home. The journey home was equally uneventful until I reached the bottom of the hill where I live, when I spotted a white car with something on top of it parked right outside my house. There were clearly two occupants, and as I began slowly making my way up the hill I could make out that it was a police car. As I got closer still I could make out there were two female officers sat in the front seats, and my mind did begin racing as to whether I should make a run for it, but since I couldn't think of anything remotely criminal I'd done, I kept on walking until I arrived at the end of my drive, at which point both the police officers opened their doors and got out of the car. By this point I was starting to panic a little, but as I turned around the more senior of the two smiled and said, "Sorry to bother you sir" which relaxed me a great deal because they certainly wouldn't address any felon who was wanted for nefarious deeds in such a way.

Two female police officers and a police car

Anyway, it turned out that it was all to do with a spat that a couple of my neighbours have been having over a disputed piece of land, and the whole thing has now got nasty and litigious with accusations of criminal damage flying back and forth, so they wanted to see if I'd witnessed either party damaging the others property (which I hadn't.) When I got inside, feeling tired after my walk but relieved to still be a free man, I called upon the company of my old friend Jack Daniel, and decided that I couldn't be bothered doing any of the work that I should be doing, but I'd watch a DVD instead. My mind immediately went back to the two police women and I thought "Hot Fuzz - I haven't watched that in a while." So I dug out the DVD and started to enjoy. It was at the 30 min mark that I suddenly sat up and had to press rewind, because this happens;

First we see the swan, then the offender has '85' on his cap, and the comment "I'm not made of eyes" is made by Nick Frost's character Danny BUTTERMAN whilst he is standing near a stone wall with a circular sign above his head. This of course synchronises with the 85 stones in the circle at Carahunge, which all have holes or 'eyes' drilled through them, and the principal stellar alignment is (allegedly) towards the constellation of Cygnus the swan - whilst my little Buddha mentioned something about BUTTER.

Final word on all of this to Sergeant Nicholas Angel of the Sandford constabulary;

Hello, Hello, Hello
Shakespears Sister

tarotbear

To me 'Firefly' is an old, failed, extraordinary cult TV show and movie set 500 years in the future - yet is DEVOID of aliens... sorry, Giorgio Tsoukalos .... ;)

zannamarie

Seems like you went through a lot of work to try and make a synchronistic event happen, Mr. Butterball. :D

tarotbear

Seems like you went through a lot of work to try and make a synchronistic event happen, Mr. Butterball. :D

"Make a synchronistic event happen" - is that an oxymoron, zannamarie? :laugh:

danieljuk

oh monsieur mycroft, how I have missed you and your pictures here!

well I definitely think aliens left that skateboard! I decided to analyse it as a symbol. It obviously means you need to be more carefree and have fun in your life! So then the next time you had a walk!

You met the police and the police car over the disputed land. The first time was about carefree fun and freedom and the second time was about structure and authority and control! the opposite of the first time! You should do it again, I am sure something bizarre will happen!

lol I love your hot fuzz synchronicity :D
I think also butter is a sign with the skateboard you need more fun in your life! :thumbsup:

Mycroft

To me 'Firefly' is an old, failed, extraordinary cult TV show and movie set 500 years in the future - yet is DEVOID of aliens... sorry, Giorgio Tsoukalos ....
Oh wow yeah! 'Firefly' the show that was made when Joss Whedon had the Midas touch and which the producers believed couldn't fail, yet it bombed spectacularly. His original pitch apparently was, "nine people looking into the blackness of space and seeing nine different things" which fits in nicely here.
Seems like you went through a lot of work to try and make a synchronistic event happen, Mr. Butterball.
Looking back on it, I actually put a lot more effort in than I realised at the time. The part that gave me the biggest scare/thrill was when I saw the police car, because the last time there was one in my village was about a year ago when they popped in to see the local drug dealer (who's still dealing) so I knew that there was something in the air. A rumour has now gone round the village that I was arrested and charged with being a 'sad bastard' but fortunately most people realise that the police wouldn't arrest someone on such a trumped up charge (well, not unless they really had to.) Anyway, having donned my helmet, put on my stab-vest and waved my warrant card around a bit, I can now disclose what further investigations have revealed, so let's consider the facts;

1) My little Buddha showed me a cigarette lighter with the word 'BUTTER' on the side of it.
2) Following a long and circuitous route and an encounter with Her Majesty's constabulary, I ended up watching 'Hot Fuzz'.
3) Space aliens may actually be humans from the distant future, google 'Rendelsham Forest binary code' for the full dope on time travellers in weird crafts with lots of lights on them.

Soooo.... let's have a montage, here's the action at 50 mins when a match is struck (which is the same as a lighter really, sort of) and a candle lit (as in candle scrying) after which Danny BUTTERman says "This is about to go off" and an almighty explosion destroys a house and kills the occupant;

(Click images for larger size)

You met the police and the police car over the disputed land. The first time was about carefree fun and freedom and the second time was about structure and authority and control! the opposite of the first time!
I think you must have been reading my notes Dan! One of the really interesting things about this movie is that absolutely everything is foreshadowed and repeated, usually in an opposite way to how it originally occured. Some of these are very easy to spot, but some are a bit trickier;

It obviously means you need to be more carefree and have fun in your life!
I think also butter is a sign with the skateboard you need more fun in your life!
You're completely on the money here mate.
"Make a synchronistic event happen" - is that an oxymoron, zannamarie?
An interesting philosophical point - is it coincidence or co-incidents? We'll have to defer to a higher authority on this one;

...and finally, a bit of Pink Floyd for you guys, as I know ZM loves 'em;

zannamarie

"Make a synchronistic event happen" - is that an oxymoron, zannamarie? :laugh:
Exactly. ;)

...and finally, a bit of Pink Floyd for you guys, as I know ZM loves 'em;

Oh, my favorite group! :D
This video lists the song as from the album "Around the Mystic" on which there are song titles referring to JUPITER, MARS, and a SAUCERful of Secrets. Since aliens all travel through the sky (which has all those planets in it) in flying saucers that means it must have been aliens!

Ones who mistook your lawn for Grantchester Meadows and landed their skateboard (which sort of looks like an elongated saucer) on your front lawn (the only way they could have scaled 'The Wall' around your property) and is the real reason the fuzz came to investigate. They didn't want your buttery self to slip through their hands.

Mycroft

:joke: :love: :party: :thumbsup: :D

image.jpg

zannamarie

Glad I could help you with that. :D