Mediums: How do you see and hear things?

APT

I have always been fascinated by this. I am a tarot reader with probably some mild Intuitive skills that have been fairly natural for me for practically all my life. But I am certainly not a medium and have always been interested in what you guys see and hear.

For example, when you SEE spirits, what do they look like? Do they look just like us? A full body or do they look more like a ghost? What do you precisely see?

When you hear things... literally you hear their voice just like a human here on earth would talk to you?

Also... do you ever see the Spirit World or glimpses of it?

I am really interested in how you guys see and hear things. :)

celticnoodle

I have always been fascinated by this. I am a tarot reader with probably some mild Intuitive skills that have been fairly natural for me for practically all my life. But I am certainly not a medium and have always been interested in what you guys see and hear.

For example, when you SEE spirits, what do they look like?

It depends. Sometimes the spirit shows up looking exactly like they did in life, but I can also see through them. Other times they show up and only a part of them shows. Sometimes just their head. Yeah, it sounds scary, but it isn't really. Sometimes they show up and its only from the waist up. Sometimes they look pretty solid, but there is a bit of a haze around them and other times I can't see them at all but I sense them. I've had spirits come to me and look like a misty cloud or a blob of color--brown, grey, white or whatever. I've had spirits come to me that I felt like I could reach out and touch them. I've had spirits come to me but only in my minds eye.

Do they look just like us? A full body or do they look more like a ghost? What do you precisely see?
oops--I described it above.

When you hear things... literally you hear their voice just like a human here on earth would talk to you?
yep. Sometimes they talk to me in their native language and so I can tell if they were from another country--though sometimes I don't actually hear their voice--it just comes to me again in my minds eye. I 'hear' it or sometimes I see it written like on a chalkboard. Generally when I see it written down though, it comes and disappears so quickly that I can't get all of it immediately and may have to 'guess'. Like if the persons name came across to me as "Joan" and her name was actually "Joanne". Well, its close enough that the customers generally get who I mean.

Well now. I have seen spirits many times "in heaven" and quite honestly--when I see them it looks very much like we see life here on earth--only cleaner, and the colors are vibrant and beautiful.

I recall my ex brother in law visiting me to deliver a message to the sister. He had passed over, though they were also separated for many years (never divorced) before his death. He wanted me to know that he was okay and that he met up with her parents and brother. The funny thing is that my inlaws never liked him. at all. but when I was there--I saw him picking up the brother to take him fishing and the inlaws were fine. Later, mom tells me that she was wrong about him (she was) and that he wasn't so bad after all. (he wasn't).

Another time, I saw my dad and could tell he was in a big hall - with tables and chairs and a lot of people all sitting around the tables. It was a party atmosphere. I could tell this. He told me that Mrs. N was there and they were all celebrating as it was also the anniversary of her and Mr. N's wedding day. Then I saw Mr & Mrs. N as well and other 'friends' that were passed over. However, I had yet found out about Mrs. N being dead--so when I woke up, I c. mom to ask and she had just found out that Mrs. N did pass and it had been either the day of her wedding anniversary or it was the day before/after the anniversary.

Sometimes my dad comes to me with our old family dog and will turn around and throw a ball for the dog to go catch. He never could resist running and catching that ball! :D And, I'd see him run after it and get it and proudly come prancing back to drop it again in anticipation of my dad throwing it yet again. Just like he did when he was alive. :laugh:

It always seems to be sunny when I am there. Not hot though, that may be another place! :p

eta: though you didn't ask this--I can generally smell their perfume/cologne and will know the name of it. I have also had spirits smack me on the bottom, and one gave me a kiss on the cheek once, I've been pinched and pushed and well, all sorts of things. and, yes, I CAN actually feel them doing this!

GotH

It depends. Sometimes the spirit shows up looking exactly like they did in life, but I can also see through them. Other times they show up and only a part of them shows. Sometimes just their head. Yeah, it sounds scary, but it isn't really. Sometimes they show up and its only from the waist up. Sometimes they look pretty solid, but there is a bit of a haze around them and other times I can't see them at all but I sense them. I've had spirits come to me and look like a misty cloud or a blob of color--brown, grey, white or whatever. I've had spirits come to me that I felt like I could reach out and touch them. I've had spirits come to me but only in my minds eye.

yep. Sometimes they talk to me in their native language and so I can tell if they were from another country--though sometimes I don't actually hear their voice--it just comes to me again in my minds eye. I 'hear' it or sometimes I see it written like on a chalkboard. Generally when I see it written down though, it comes and disappears so quickly that I can't get all of it immediately and may have to 'guess'. Like if the persons name came across to me as "Joan" and her name was actually "Joanne". Well, its close enough that the customers generally get who I mean.

Well now. I have seen spirits many times "in heaven" and quite honestly--when I see them it looks very much like we see life here on earth--only cleaner, and the colors are vibrant and beautiful.

I recall my ex brother in law visiting me to deliver a message to the sister. He had passed over, though they were also separated for many years (never divorced) before his death. He wanted me to know that he was okay and that he met up with her parents and brother. The funny thing is that my inlaws never liked him. at all. but when I was there--I saw him picking up the brother to take him fishing and the inlaws were fine. Later, mom tells me that she was wrong about him (she was) and that he wasn't so bad after all. (he wasn't).

Another time, I saw my dad and could tell he was in a big hall - with tables and chairs and a lot of people all sitting around the tables. It was a party atmosphere. I could tell this. He told me that Mrs. N was there and they were all celebrating as it was also the anniversary of her and Mr. N's wedding day. Then I saw Mr & Mrs. N as well and other 'friends' that were passed over. However, I had yet found out about Mrs. N being dead--so when I woke up, I c. mom to ask and she had just found out that Mrs. N did pass and it had been either the day of her wedding anniversary or it was the day before/after the anniversary.

Sometimes my dad comes to me with our old family dog and will turn around and throw a ball for the dog to go catch. He never could resist running and catching that ball! :D And, I'd see him run after it and get it and proudly come prancing back to drop it again in anticipation of my dad throwing it yet again. Just like he did when he was alive. :laugh:

It always seems to be sunny when I am there. Not hot though, that may be another place! :p

eta: though you didn't ask this--I can generally smell their perfume/cologne and will know the name of it. I have also had spirits smack me on the bottom, and one gave me a kiss on the cheek once, I've been pinched and pushed and well, all sorts of things. and, yes, I CAN actually feel them doing this!

OMGosh that was so beautiful CN. Thanks so much for sharing that with us! All of that was amazing to read. I especially LOVE the family dog story. I've always felt that our family pets will be there to greet us into heaven too. :heart:

Love doesn't die..

celticnoodle

:) thanks, GOTH.

You know, once I went to a psychic for a reading and she brought through the usual deceased relatives and friends and the same dog mentioned above. Then she looked at me quite surprised and said, "I have a....well, I think its a rabbit--but he doesn't have any ears!" :bugeyed: Then she says, "He's showing me his feet and told me to tell you that he has BIG FEET!"

:laugh:

I knew right then she was speaking of our dear ol deceased guinea pig. Squeaker. He was a big boy--he weighed about 9lbs--so I can see where she may think he was a rabbit. :laugh: But, we use to always tell him that he had big feet (he did!).

She also had a message for me from him. She told me that he wanted to thank us for 'saving him'. He use to belong to another family--who also had a cat. That cat use to terrify him till the family asked us to take him, (as a result of that cat). :p

It was nice to know that Squeaker came through and thanked us for that though. :heart:

and no, Love never dies! :)

Smiling

You know, once I went to a psychic for a reading and she brought through the usual deceased relatives and friends and the same dog mentioned above. Then she looked at me quite surprised and said, "I have a....well, I think its a rabbit--but he doesn't have any ears!" :bugeyed: Then she says, "He's showing me his feet and told me to tell you that he has BIG FEET!"

I knew right then she was speaking of our dear ol deceased guinea pig. Squeaker. He was a big boy--he weighed about 9lbs--so I can see where she may think he was a rabbit. :laugh: But, we use to always tell him that he had big feet (he did!).

She also had a message for me from him. She told me that he wanted to thank us for 'saving him'. He use to belong to another family--who also had a cat. That cat use to terrify him till the family asked us to take him, (as a result of that cat). :p

It was nice to know that Squeaker came through and thanked us for that though. :heart:

So sweet! thank you for sharing :heart:
:)

APT

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank you so much for your thoughts. What great experiences with your dad and old dog. :love:

Incredible how they pinch and push, and kiss on the cheek! Amazing how you can feel this happen too. Wow!

Incredible, really!

Questions:

1. Have you always had your gift?

2. When did you first realize you had your gift?

3. Do spirits at least leave you alone so you can sleep? :laugh:

4. When you see "heaven" is it while you sleep, meditate, or can you travel there while awake?

You are very talented with such a precious gift. God bless you for what you do to help people. <3

ETA:

What a beautiful story! Incredible. :love:

Apollonia

For example, when you SEE spirits, what do they look like? Do they look just like us? A full body or do they look more like a ghost? What do you precisely see?

I am what is termed a mental medium. I receive an image of the person in my mind's eye, and I can hear them speaking in my mind's ear. I do not see a person standing in front of me. Once in a while I will hear words or my name spoken out loud, but those messages are just for me personally, not part of my mediumship work for others.

Sometimes the image is very clear and I can describe the person as if he or she is there in the room with me, and sometimes the image is very faint and I only get a wispy mental idea of what the person looks like. Some of the spirits speak very clearly and distinctly, and some speak in such a quiet whisper that I can barely hear them, and I have to really concentrate to get what they are saying.

Sometimes the spirits try to describe the world on the other side, but it is very difficult for them to put it into words we can understand. For example, one spirit told me that there are the most gorgeous colors there that we cannot see on this side. So that is very hard to imagine. From what they have told me, it is very beautiful, and the feeling of love and acceptance is, like those unnameable colors, something that one has to experience to truly understand.

ETA: Sometimes when I am describing the spirit to the person I'm reading for, they will say things that make me smile or laugh. Like just recently, I said to a client, "Okay, your dad is here, he has a Vandyke beard and he is wearing a knit turtleneck," and the spirit corrected me very loudly, saying, "That is not just knit, it is silk, there is a difference, you know." And one time this woman asked to connect with her husband, and I said, "Well, he's here, but he says he doesn't want you wasting your money on this stuff, and he says you shouldn't have to pay for the time when I'm just sitting here shuffling the cards," and she started laughing and crying at the same time and said, "Yes, that's my husband all right, he never did believe in going to mediums."

celticnoodle

Sometimes the image is very clear and I can describe the person as if he or she is there in the room with me, and sometimes the image is very faint and I only get a wispy mental idea of what the person looks like. Some of the spirits speak very clearly and distinctly, and some speak in such a quiet whisper that I can barely hear them, and I have to really concentrate to get what they are saying.

yes! well described Apollonia. Sometimes it is a whisper like sound and hard to understand and sometimes they appear very faintly. I sometimes think that this can be due to them being either very newly deceased and not quite able to absorb enough energy to appear or speak to us clearly. My deceased great aunt once explained when she came through, that it takes a lot of energy for them to do this and that it is not easy.

Sometimes the spirits try to describe the world on the other side, but it is very difficult for them to put it into words we can understand. For example, one spirit told me that there are the most gorgeous colors there that we cannot see on this side. So that is very hard to imagine. From what they have told me, it is very beautiful, and the feeling of love and acceptance is, like those unnameable colors, something that one has to experience to truly understand.
Yes, I think you again explained it beautifully. The colors are so vibrant and the love and acceptance is very deep there. Pretty much every spirit I've encountered is so filled with peace and tranquility.

APT said:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank you so much for your thoughts. What great experiences with your dad and old dog.
:laugh: Yes, I love it when Daddy brings through "C". "C" has always come to visit us even before dad passed away. He visits us all--but mostly myself and my mom. He and I literally grew up together, from infancy to our late teens-and he was always my "furry brother".

Incredible how they pinch and push, and kiss on the cheek! Amazing how you can feel this happen too. Wow!

Incredible, really!
Oh yes....this is not that uncommon, I don't think. At least not in my family, and so I imagine many other psychic mediums also have this experience.

Questions:

1. Have you always had your gift?

2. When did you first realize you had your gift?

3. Do spirits at least leave you alone so you can sleep?

4. When you see "heaven" is it while you sleep, meditate, or can you travel there while awake?

1. Yes, but I guess when I was younger, I didn't realize I was a medium. Whenever my siblings and I (we all have this ability) would see a spirit, we automatically thought they were there to see mom. We knew she had this ability--and she never explained to us that we did too. The grandchildren for the most part have it too. When we were young, we use to hate going upstairs for anything, because we'd most often see spirits then, waiting for mom. She mostly 'accepted' them when she was in bed going to sleep. And, there'd be a line of them! :laugh: When we kids had our children, mom & dads bedroom was in the basement area--as was the family room, where the children were to play. they HATED going down there--for the same reason! Spirits EVERYWHERE! :laugh:

2. I was grown before I realized that I was a psychic-medium and that I could learn to develop my abilities to the point of having full (or near full!) control of them.

3. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But, if I am really not in the mood, I just bring in Archangel Michael and my guides and ask them to block the spirits from me, so I can rest.

4. All 3. However, it seems that when I do try to make a connection with a specific person in heaven, I am always with that person. Its not like I have free roam of the area and can visit that person for a little while and then walk somewhere else to explore on my own.

You are very talented with such a precious gift. God bless you for what you do to help people. <3
:) Thank you. It is a precious gift and I am very grateful for it. I do my best to use it always to help others. It gives me such a happy feeling when I can assure a loved one here on the earthly plane that their loved one is fine and no longer feeling any pain. That they are still with us and very involved in our lives and that they will one day be reunited with them again, too.

Jdance

Thanks for this thread. :)

I'm just learning to nurture my empathic/intuitive side (but I know I fight it off as well - it can be overwhelming sometimes..) .. But listening to your stories as mediums is truly wonderful. I can't even imagine the balancing act it takes to keep spirits at bay while you try to live your own life.

Bravo to you. it sounds as though you truly have mastered your skills and treasure your gifts.

I can speak only for myself, but if a medium comes to me with a message I view it as the ultimate gift and listen as closely as I can. Your gift is appreiciated for certain!

Thanks for sharing your stories, I will keep following this thread to hear about other stories!.. sounds so peaceful the way you describe it all..

Apollonia

yes! well described Apollonia. Sometimes it is a whisper like sound and hard to understand and sometimes they appear very faintly. I sometimes think that this can be due to them being either very newly deceased and not quite able to absorb enough energy to appear or speak to us clearly. My deceased great aunt once explained when she came through, that it takes a lot of energy for them to do this and that it is not easy.
That's what I have heard from spirits too, that it takes time and most of all, commitment and practice. Just like some people on this side, some spirits put more into it and can come through very strong, and others just don't have much of an interest and so they don't have the same ability.

From what I understand, in order to connect, we mediums have to raise our vibration, and the spirits have to lower theirs, so just as it takes a commitment of time, energy and focus for us to do the work on this side, it takes a similar commitment from them on their side. Except--they are encouraged and helped to develop these abilities, not discouraged from doing it, feared, or derided, as mediums often are on this plane!