Gustave Dore Bible Tarot

gregory

PM baba as well and see if she got stuff like this.

Tarotprofessionals has posted a warning against them too, so no doubt it would be worth asking templumkat or TaliTarot if they have been threatened ?

Stormdancer

I am deleting this post due to pressure from Pyro Skin A I.

Kreative-Dragon

so... is there anywhere I can legally get this deck?
This is exactly what I have been looking for :(

The crowned one

I have just received an email from pryo skin threatening to sue me for defamation if I don't remove two of my posts. Has anyone else received an email like this? I'm not sure what to do.

I am pretty sure none of us modes are lawyers specializing in international law, but I can tell you for a fact nothing you have said would even go to court.

Defamation laws make it possible to prevent or sue a person for making untrue statements that are injurious to a person’s or a business’s reputation. You have not. Actually it is a joke, their suggestion based on these public posts.

How can they prove you cost them business, and if what you said was true, then it folds right there. If it is a subjective opinion stated as such, it is your right as a American ;)

Sulis

Moderator note

It's been brought to our attention that Pyro Skin A.I. has been emailing people who have posted to this thread threatening legal action.

I think we're safe to say that if they did try to take anyone to court they would have to prove that the allegations of piracy and breaking copyright laws made against them are false. Since pirate copies of decks made and sold by them are in existence, this would be nigh on impossible.

They can no longer post here since their representative's account has been closed so Aeclectic advises anyone receiving these emails to ignore them; they have no legal basis for these threats.

Sulis - Tarot Decks co-moderator

baba-prague

It's been brought to our attention that Pyro Skin A.I. has been emailing people who have posted to this thread threatening legal action.

I think we're safe to say that if they did try to take anyone to court they would have to prove that the allegations of piracy and breaking copyright laws made against them are false. Since pirate copies of decks made and sold by them are in existence, this would be nigh on impossible.

They can no longer post here since their representative's account has been closed so Aeclectic advises anyone receiving these emails to ignore them; they have no legal basis for these threats.

Sulis - Tarot Decks co-moderator

Can I just add that this is not just about breaking copyright laws. What has occurred is the production and sale of counterfeit branded goods (the fake Victorian Romantic Tarot decks had our name on them and were printed with our brand - we have a copy and can of course prove this). This is therefore not just a civil matter - it's actually a criminal offence - which applies internationally and which can carry a heavy prison sentence.

Here is a link with some information (it's USA, but very similar laws apply internationally) - you can find lots more information on counterfeiting crime penalties online:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/2320.html

Please note that I am not commenting on whether the Dore Tarot is also a counterfeit - I assume it depends how it is branded, and so it may "only" be a matter of theft of intellectual property. I am just talking about the fact that if Pyroskin threaten anyone, bear in mind that they have themselves allegedly committed criminal offences , not just civil ones. As their director styles himself as a "senior lawyer" he must no doubt be fully aware of this.

For anyone who has been unfortunate enough to buy one of these decks, the only thing you can really do is pulp it, as it's also illegal to resell it once you know it's a counterfeit. In law, as far as I know (I'm not a lawyer etc, etc, so you would need to check) it's similar to knowingly selling stolen goods. It's a horrible situation for anyone who has paid money for one of the counterfeits but perhaps some buyers can take this up with their credit card companies and try to get a refund that way. I hope so.

AJ

Yeah, I have. I just don't wanna cause any grief for AT.

I think I will. I don't recognize the the "T" members....are they here on AT

I also think I'm gonna ask for the contact info for their US atty...so I can converse with MY atty's on Mon and then make a decision. })

I have "3 days" after all. :angel:

Ok....we should probably stop all of this. It's kinda OT. Any other suggestions feel free to pm me....:D

that letter was just fishing for trackable info. Responding with an email just gives them another forum from which to harass you. How could they threaten a username? Relax.

According to that letter, any good things to say about the company are also chargable because they can't be proved.

That member has also been banned and can't respond to the thread so why not put a bullet in this thread's head. Buy the deck or don't.

Stormdancer

that letter was just fishing for trackable info. Responding with an email just gives them another forum from which to harass you. How could they threaten a username? Relax.

According to that letter, any good things to say about the company are also chargable because they can't be proved.

That member has also been banned and can't respond to the thread so why not put a bullet in this thread's head. Buy the deck or don't.

But I did reply to the email... :(

Laura Borealis

They already had your email address, correct? So they don't have any trackable info that they didn't already have.