what you absolutely cannot stand in any deck

tarotcognito

For me:

1) white borders

2) any words or titles, especially in white

3) renamed cards

Next?

Juliana

I have a huge aversion to any decks that portray a modern world as it exists today. I almost need the decks to either portray the past or the future. Alternatively they can portray a fantastical or over-the-top supernatural version of this current time. But decks that just show everyday life just don't sit right with me. I could never get into the Pagan Tarot for this reason, and I'm having a hard time getting into the upcoming BoS: So Below deck as well even though I love the As Above deck.

Disa

I absolutely cannot stand images in decks where actual pictures of faces are "collaged" into an otherwise beautifully created image. The faces seem out of place and are jarring. I am still having the worst time looking at Dugan's "Witches Tarot" for this reason. (I am trying SOO hard to like it but, it's just not happening. I gave away the Forest Folklore deck for this reason.

I also cannot stand for decks not to have consistency, as with the Llwellyn. I have looked at that deck exactly twice since I got it, and I'm really hoping that one will grow on me, as well.

I used to think borders and words written across cards were the worst, but I can't even look at these images with the collaged faces. . I hope I will get over it...I just don't know.

Juliana

I think I'm the only person on the forum who likes borders. Although I have some decks without borders that I love, I tend to find the lack of borders a bit off-putting most of the time. If it is just the background color that extends to the edge, that is fine. If the image itself extends to the edge, it bothers me. I have no idea why.

Phoenix

I absolutely cannot stand more than one language on a card. For that reason, I absolutely loathe most of the Lo Scarabeo decks, even though the artwork is stunning. I just cant get past that.

tarotbear

The Eye sees all ...

'Borders' to me means the 1/8" to 3/16" edges of the cards where the wear-and-tear of shuffles gets them dirty, scratches, scrapes, etc. I think having a NARROW little border to 'protect' the artwork (front and back) is O.K.

It's those fancy-schmancy obtrusive decorative borders I dislike! The image could be 25% larger if that ugly border of entwined vines, flames, , or whatever would just be eliminated!

Titles on cards don't bother me at all; COPYRIGHTS on the image or in the borders -THAT SUCKS! LOL!!!

jema

After collecting decks so long and being rather picky, there is still only one thing I can say I hate in all decks and that is limp dicks!
(can i write that?)

tarotbear

After collecting decks so long and being rather picky, there is still only one thing I can say I hate in all decks and that is limp dicks!
(can i write that?)

You did anyway! I always wanted to start a thread on 'Tarot Dicks' but I figure it might not get past the mods ... :) :) :)

magpie9

the limp dicks may be objectionable, but the erect ones are frequently very funny, as the Owner of the Dick tries to appear high-minded, or heroic or dignified, or whatever! :D