Decks appealing to gay men

Shade

The Gay Tarot is faboo and holds up very nicely. The Cosmic Tribe Tarot also has a queer (think Radicael Faerie) sensibility and has the distinction of reversing the gender trend in Tarot by having men with perfect bodies and women with a diversity of body types. ;-)

The Cosmic Tarot has a "Golden Hollywood" aesthetic going for it that will resonate in a sort of Tales of the City way and the Dream Enchantress and the Royo Dark decks, for me, fulfill that need for a Femme Fatale deck.

Shade

I also think that there are several decks that don't have a game theme per-se but being created by gay men do have a gay sensibility. Brian Williams' Renaissance Tarot as well as his Pomo Tarot, the Tarot of Light and Shadow, and David Sexton's Winged Spirit are examples.

easyboy82

Miss Cleo Tarot !!!

I bought it many years ago when there were hundreds on ebay on sale at a couple of bucks (even if the postage to Europe made it cost as a regular deck to me).

I just saw her instructional video for the first time... now everything about this (deck, video, back story) is so wonderfully camp <3

And I have to say I like her deck, actually! :D

Zephyros

I'm gay and I'm very drawn to the Thoth. It has a nice synthesis between male and female, in symbolic terms, and has an overall multi-sexual feeling that comes naturally from the deck's structure and intent, rather than being a forced "theme" or whatever.

It's rather notorious creator was bi-sexual and dealt in Sex Magick and his deck reflects that.

AntonK1111

Hey Lee, off topic question. Since Lo Scarabeo has been reissuing older decks without multilingual titles, is there are chance of a text-less Gay Tarot reprint?

This would be amazing if Lo Scarabeo reprinted this deck without the multilingual titles, they really take away some of the vibe and mysteriousness of a tarot deck.

FLizarraga

It's easier for me to think of gay-themed decks than decks that could be appealing to gay men, as gay men are hardly uniform, and what appeals to one could feel downright repellent to another.

One of the gayest decks I have ever seen (in a perhaps stereotypical way, but there you have it) has very few men in it: it is the Vanessa Tarot. It's a flamer, a glitter volcano of a deck. It's Almodóvar gay.

mercuryempress

Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea
Karma Tarot

yay my 100th post...