Readings for other people

MasterJm

I have always the feeling that reading for other people, we see our situation, not their situation. Isn't necessary to cut and shuffle the cards the person who has the question ?

seedcake

Such things are very delicate - if you feel this way, it's possible that's how it is. Don't worry about it, answer other peoples' questions and you're going to get more and more confidence. I've learned it's good to start with people who have very similiar experiences to you - age, stage of education etc. From the bits you already know, you tend to see what's different in their lives. I hope it makes any sense to you :)

I don't think too much how it works anymore, it just works. We should find our very own, personal visions how to work with Tarot and don't be afraid to expand it to points of which we would never ever thought of.

Keep practising :)

rwcarter

I read for other people all the time (and very rarely for myself). I don't see my situation in their reading because I'm not reading for myself. And most of the readings I do are exchanges here or email readings, so there is no client around to shuffle or cut the cards. I don't do predictive readings, so I can't speak to accuracy, but with one notable exception that comes to mind, my readings usually resonate with the Querents.

That works for me, but as seedcake said, it may not work for you. You may need the direct interaction with the client in order to be able to read for them. Not seeing your own situation in their reading though may just be a matter of practice on your part.

Rodney

trzes

I guess things tend to become more tricky if you are personally involved with the querent. For that reason I avoid reading for close friends and family. But I rarely read for others at all anyway ...

nisaba

I have always the feeling that reading for other people, we see our situation, not their situation.
I do a lot of readings for total strangers, and the situations I see are completely different to my own in the vast majority of cases. What makes you think this?

Isn't necessary to cut and shuffle the cards the person who has the question ?
I'm not sure what you were trying to ask here.

When I read for myself, I shuffle and cut. When I read for a client, they shuffle and cut, unless I'm reading over the internet, where I shuffle and cut on behalf of them.