OMG; tarot-destroying bugs...

Mythic Silence

I haven't seen silverfish in my house *knock on wood* but I've done some research after seeing this thread.

Please forgive me if this was already mentioned and I missed it - but I've been reading that rosemary, cinnamon or cloves can keep them at bay. They allegedly don't like the smell of strong spices.

Has anyone tried this and had success?

canid

Oh, my, if they got to my decks I would freak too. I have a problem with cupboard moths; they get in EVERYTHING, even sealed Tupperware containers somehow. I've looked them up, they proliferate like crazy & will lay eggs inside of a teensy screw that holds your cupboard door on so you can't possibly even see it, let alone get to it. They can 'visit' in dog or cat food, bird food, flour, rice, etc., & you don't know it till it's too late.

DRYER SHEETS!! Works wonders. Just lie them about. Cinnamon sticks helped also.

Grizabella

Those moths drive me nuts! It took 20 years to get rid of them last time and now I've got them again in the motor home. I kill every one I can but it's just a losing battle and I know it. I think this time was from something gotten from a food pantry. I doubt the food pantry was the origin of it. It may have been the donated food from somewhere.

One nasty experience I had with those darned moths was a quickie bread mix. When the girls and I ate the bread, we wondered what the little brown bits were in the bread. I looked at the package and it was just plain old bread...not one that had brown bits of anything. We had eaten the little moth larvae in the bread! I'm a squeamish eater and that just about did me in.

Rhapsodin

Tit for tat in a manner of speaking. Tarots are slowly destroying my wallet. I'm unsure what to do about it.

tarotlaura

Why oh why did I choose to read this thread because now I am all itchy!

canid

Why oh why did I choose to read this thread because now I am all itchy!

You're cracking me up...passengers, ew!! I had 'a' crab once...another story. My son came home from first grade with head lice, years ago; I was boiling towels & sheets, washing walls, all night. But I'm serious about the dryer sheets. We even used them to wipe on our horses to repel flies. I placed a sheet on every cupboard shelf, along with cinnamon sticks & I haven't had a problem with the moths in a very long time. They're also good for staticy flyaway hair in winter. What do silverfish eat?? Duh. Tarot decks...

Madame Squee

??? What's this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=dry...4FYGdyATM-YDwDQ&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1324&bih=652

I've used dryer sheets in dresser drawers for years. I think they work, because I don't have silverfish problems, even though other people around here do.

I use lavender sachets, which I make from culinary lavender flowers, and cedar balls for my tarot storage areas. Even so, after reading this thread, I'm going through, checking and renewing everything during this next week! I'm itching all over and feeling very nervous about decks I haven't looked at for awhile!! :bugeyed::bugeyed: