Storing multiple decks

Tanga

What a surreal photo (the first one). Your decks sleep like bats...

Bwahahah! On that wonderful note - I'm off to bed.
Some of you guys have Tarot libraries - wow!
I'm sort-of glad I don't actually have the space to get to this point.

:)

tarotbear

Please delete as I can't get the pictures to come out right from my iPad.

Delete - pictures not coming out

They are interesting, tho, Teheuti...kind of what I'd expect from you (the amounts of decks, not the upside-down photos)!

Yes - I have this same problem with a friend that also uses his iPad - does it have to face right or left to keep the pictures upright! :bugeyed: Sometimes they are upside down when he sends them but if I save them they are right-side up! One would think 'there must be' some way that works with every iPad to keep things upright!

tarotbear

Trying this for Teheuti .... :rolleyes:

Did it work? Or make it worse?

Attachments

• Teheuti decks 001.jpg
    Teheuti decks 001.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 172
  • Teheuti decks 002.jpg
    Teheuti decks 002.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 175

EarthAngel2911

WOW! I love love all of your book shelves, Tehuti!! :-D Unfortunately I'm sharing a house with three boys (well, 2 boys and a husband but same difference), so I don't really have space to carve out my own personal space just for my hobbies.
That would be like a dream come true! :)

I store my decks in my closet in plastic drawers, sorted by publisher (for the big publishers), with separate drawers for my self-published gems. ;-) Decks that came in boxes stay in them unless it's a deck I'm currently using, and then I put it in a bag when it travels in my purse.

I even have three book shelves in my closet (as well as one big one on my bedroom wall) that house all the companion books and other tarot and pagan books I've accumulated over the years. And it isn't a big closet! It's a good thing I'm not a clothes hound too! :-D

Teheuti

Trying this for Teheuti .... :rolleyes:

Did it work? Or make it worse?
Perfect. Thank you, tarotbear.

The books in the first picture are mostly novels with Tarot mentions in them (and a few more recent books on Tarot methods).

The books in the second picture (with the window) are all Tarot books, Magic(k) and Kabbalah. The decks are all Tarot except a few oracle decks on the top left and two shelves of cartomancy decks and books in the middle. Most of my Lenormand collection is in another place - a rack with three 'shelves' holding cloth cubes designed to hold toys.

tarotbear

This is them! All the decks I have - one shelf with a double row. :(

I'm not a deck collector ... so sue me! :joke:

Attachments

• tarot shelf 002.JPG
    tarot shelf 002.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 186

Teheuti

If you don't have a lot of space but a door with a couple of spare inches behind it or a hallway that could lose a little width, you can make a floor-to-ceiling set of shelves out of 1"x3"s - just the right depth for a tarot deck! I made the shelf heights different to accomodate different height decks. It will hold all the decks that aren't in oversize boxes. The shelves to the sides and above the window in picture 2 are repurposed from behind-the-bedroom-door shelves I had in a former house.

MysticMoonlight

Perfect. Thank you, tarotbear.

The books in the first picture are mostly novels with Tarot mentions in them (and a few more recent books on Tarot methods).

The books in the second picture (with the window) are all Tarot books, Magic(k) and Kabbalah. The decks are all Tarot except a few oracle decks on the top left and two shelves of cartomancy decks and books in the middle. Most of my Lenormand collection is in another place - a rack with three 'shelves' holding cloth cubes designed to hold toys.

Teheuti, the room in the pics makes me giddy! I'd NEVER leave! Absolutely fabulous!

tarotbear

Teheuti, the room in the pics makes me giddy! I'd NEVER leave! Absolutely fabulous!

I'd never leave because I'd plunk my butt down in one of those leather chairs ... and that would be it!

Finding odd storage space - in my old room there were two doors in a corner (yuck!) and they were both different heights, so I made a shelf to fit across each and hung them at the same height to hide the architectural peculiarity. I used to put paperbacks up there but it would work for Tarot decks as long as they were securely fastened ... every little bit of space counts! :cool2:

MysticMoonlight

I'd never leave because I'd plunk my butt down in one of those leather chairs ... and that would be it!

Finding odd storage space - in my old room there were two doors in a corner (yuck!) and they were both different heights, so I made a shelf to fit across each and hung them at the same height to hide the architectural peculiarity. I used to put paperbacks up there but it would work for Tarot decks as long as they were securely fastened ... every little bit counts! :cool2:

Totally agree. Those chairs just beckon you to grab a cup of tea and a deck and dive in....spend the day just lost in the cards...paradise!

Absolutely every bit counts...ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :)