Recomendations: Best decks that feature more than just white people

nisaba

the Lukumi.

Brilliant deck. By one of my favourite Tarot artists. :)

Marie-Bernard

The Tarot of the Ages looks very interesting, I am a bit leery of the Atlantis theme it's supposed to have. It's very inexpensive right now, so I'll look into some more and see if I can ignore that.

I've already been considering the Maat Tarot, but it's on the expensive side for a totally new system that I'm not sure I'd like to read with. Also, from what I've read here on the forum, some people seemed less than impressed with the artwork once they received their cards.

Marie-Bernard

The Ancient Egyptian Tarot, just stunning. It may be hard to obtain right now, since both editions have gone out-of-print.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ancient-egyptian/

I already have the Ancient Egyptian and I think I'll probably sell it. The women's breasts are terribly drawn (if they were two dimensional they'd look like the astrological glyph for the sun), and there are a lot of exposed breasts in that deck. I try and try to read with it, but after a few spreads that's all I notice and it's too distracting.

Darkmage

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Haindl Tarot yet.

Marie-Bernard

The Frau Grand Duchess has a lot of assorted ethnic groups running through the cards. I don't know how you feel about collage decks, but personally I love 'em.

http://www.fraugrandduchesstarot.com/Welcome.html

Oh gosh, I would never have thought of going for something that's such a huge departure from what I'm accustomed to looking at in a traditional tarot card, but there is something very compelling about that deck. I'll certainly be looking at it again. Thanks for the rec!

Marie-Bernard

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Haindl Tarot yet.

My one reservation with the Haindl is the review that said since some of the art was already created, it didn't always match well with the meanings of the cards. I may be stoned for making this comparison, but I recently got rid of the Fairy Lights tarot because of the same reason.

Onyx

International Icon might be a good choice too since it is devoid of all ethnic and most gendered references.

Ancestral Path is one that came to mind. The Tarot of the III Millennium is a wonderful set of Majors, minors are kinda meh. Deviant Moon, the Thoth and Liber T might be a choice too.