Lo Scarabeo 2015 Catalogue

Padma

Sorry if I'm being utterly obtuse here but what exactly is happening with his eye ?

It's a cut out part of the figure 8. So it is a hole where the space in an eight would be :)

Hideous card (the Fool) too bad, because the rest are nice - but the Fool is a deal breaker card - It looks like the MAD magazine guy, whom I dislike immensely.

Chimera Dust

Does anyone know what other cards in the Infinity Tarot look like? I probably won't buy it after that Fool card, but I'm really curious about what the court cards (especially the Queens) look like. Maybe I'll get it just as a collection item for the cool shape but not as a reading deck.

GlitterNova

Does anyone know what other cards in the Infinity Tarot look like? I probably won't buy it after that Fool card, but I'm really curious about what the court cards (especially the Queens) look like. Maybe I'll get it just as a collection item for the cool shape but not as a reading deck.

To my knowledge, the only images released are on LS's Facebook page and in the catalog. I don't think there have been any images of any Queens released yet. I'd also like to see more cards from this deck. One of the reasons I don't like that Fool is because it seems to be done in a more cartoony style than the rest of the cards they've released. I'm interested to see if there are other cards done in this style, and what the deck's art style *as a whole* feels like.

Chimera Dust

To my knowledge, the only images released are on LS's Facebook page and in the catalog. I don't think there have been any images of any Queens released yet. I'd also like to see more cards from this deck. One of the reasons I don't like that Fool is because it seems to be done in a more cartoony style than the rest of the cards they've released. I'm interested to see if there are other cards done in this style, and what the deck's art style *as a whole* feels like.

I agree completely. That Fool card is too cartoony and seems out of place compared to the others I've seen. There's nothing wrong with cartoony, but that specific variety of it doesn't seem like something I'd be able to get a nuanced reading from. I'm curious about the other cards too, especially the Queens. I hope that they'll release more images soon, or that when this deck comes out a kindly forum member can tell us more. :)

3ill.yazi

I agree with the people who are not impressed. I'm not seeing anything that attracts me.

Though I never noticed that LoS sells the Jodorowsky-Camoin deck. That would be the only temptation.

The infinity deck looks gimmicky to me. And the other new decks look, as others have said, cartooney.

rwcarter

OMG, horrible, it took me a minute to figure out that the white thing
over his face is the hole in the card. good grief

thanks!
I'm surprised that no one at LoS did a test print of the cards and/or gave the artist a template of where the holes would be in the deck to use to avoid such an unfortunate mistake with the Fool's eye. The hole may be less noticeable on something other than a white background though.

gregory

It may change later. There have been several cases where what was in the catalogue was not what was in the end printed. There was a terrible tower card that never saw the light of day once...

Celtictarot

Happy tarot for me as a Manga deck with a difference.