Lo Scarabeo 2015 Catalogue

Shade

I thought I was going to get more of the LS 2014 lineup but in the end only added the Divine Feminine to my collection this year (and while I love the mood in the DF I prefer the Universal Goddess). Here's what I'm planning for 2015:

Romantic Tarot: No. Erotic LS decks I like but this looks too Harlequin Romance for me. I do imagine that anyone who enjoys a good bodice-ripper could love it.

Infinity Tarot: Big no. I liked the Circle of Life deck from them and this seems to be in that vein but I feel like the premise is a gimmick.

Happy Tarot: Maaaaybe? Of the "cute" decks out there I like the look of this much more than something like the Tiny Tots or Whimsical Tarot and I do appreciate that description indicates it's for those days when you need a nice, positive reading.

Meta-Barons: I think so, I really like the Jodorowsky connection and it seems captivating. It's probably only going to get used on those "and now for something completely different" days.

Impressionist Tarot: No. It's lovely but not my go-to art style.

Thelema: Surprisingly yes. I'm not anti-CGI decks but this comes perilously close to being the type of CGI that makes people look lifeless but the Thelema connection has me intrigued and the Magician seems kind of hunky.

Barbieri: Yes, the art looks dynamic and the world seems intriguing, like an especially enigmatic comic book universe.

PeterSeph

Hi everyone! Man, how i love these new-deck-coming-out threads, I've been watching these threads for so long, and now I can finally join the conversation :)

The Romantic looks nice, but has a problem for me: the backs. I don't like them at all :/ the backs of the cards are really important to me, I don't know exactly why, probably because when I read for others, I want to be happy with what the client is seeing while I'm shuffling or drawing the cards..I guess.

The Happy Tarot has the same "back problem" to me..but it looks so fun and different that I think I may just get past that :p

First impression of the Meta-Barons is mixed. I love the concept but the art is not speaking that much to me.

I LOVE the Thelema and the Barbiari, both are a complete YES from me! I may also get the Impressionist, although I don't see myself being able to read very well with this type of art. But I like it.

I'm also really excited for the Premium Editions! And I don't have any of those 3 decks :)

2015 will be a really great (and expensive..) year.

Shade

So I just have to ask: "How is the Art Nouveau one of the most important decks from Lo Scarabeo?"

There have certainly been much more popular decks from LS.

rachelcat

(Yeah, not a big Art Nouveau fan here, either (the deck, not the art style). I'm surprised it's a big seller . . .)

I like the looks of the Impressionist very much. (I see Degas' dancers in there! 2 Pentacles = balance?) I just hope they didn't fiddle with the original paintings too much. Then it would be kind of cheesy, maybe.

Only one other grabs me: Have I been living under a collector's rock? I've never seen the Loka before! It says it's "available." Since it's double-ended and says something about gaming, it's probably pip cards, but the artwork is so my style. And I need a double-ended deck for my collection, don't I? (I have one, the Alan's, which has French-suited pips, so it's not very tarot-y . . .)

The others might grow on me, but . . . blah. I'm all about novelty shapes, but Baraldi is my least fav LS artist . . .

Queen of Disks

Is it bad of me that the only thing I am really interested in is the Karma Angels? (and I think it's a reprint.) :angel:

Queen of Disks

So I just have to ask: "How is the Art Nouveau one of the most important decks from Lo Scarabeo?"

There have certainly been much more popular decks from LS.

I have no idea. I have it. It's beautiful but every time I try to read it it's like trying to read a brick wall. :confused: :bugeyed:

sensitivemuse

um..I just got my first real tarot deck.......why did I look through this catalogue? now I feel like getting dozens more..... eek..... :D

Le Fanu

Mmm... Impressionists Tarot Kit by Corinne Kenner and Llewellyn (not LoS and yes I know the former distributes the latter) is listed at the Book Depository as being launched in 194 days. Will that be the same one? It would be too much if, like Steampunk, publishers duplicate themes...

ETA; must be the same one. Artist is the same, but I see it will be available as a kit and also with book sold separately

rachelcat

Just re-browsing the catalog, and there's another must-have for me-: Le Carte di Eataly, playing cards with fruits and vegetables on them. I'm serious. Gotta have it. Now to find where to buy . . .

Tanga

Just re-browsing the catalog, and there's another must-have for me-: Le Carte di Eataly, playing cards with fruits and vegetables on them. I'm serious. Gotta have it. Now to find where to buy . . .

HAH!
I never even thought to look at the playing cards!

And presently I am eagerly awaiting a deck of Star Trek playing cards in the post
(Woohoo! - likely to be a step closer to attempting divination/reading with these. At some point. It amused me that I might make it a project to assign 'meanings' to each of the Star Trek characters).
I see what you mean about the Eataly deck.
Infact - I rather like the look of 'Il gioco della gallina' - the hen game...etc.
and - I like the Tarot wrapping paper (but that really would just be ridiculous!) Lol.

I am somewhat attracted to the Barbieri on second and third looks...
Perhaps it's time to have a sort of "Amazonian kick-ass" themed deck...
Will wait until it's been floating around awhile and I can maybe get to see more of it.

Still haven't found my "perfect Dark deck" yet... Nothing labelled as 'dark' or leaning towards ideas of 'dark' fits.