Neptune in 2nd or 3rd?

wind

Mmm... The way you have written this it sounds almost offensive to everyone who is looking for practical answers and far from the "dignified" search of some eternal truths. In an astrological chart? Predictive astrology is indeed a very tough thing and I deeply respect anyone's efforts to bring this astrology closer to people. And I find it very interesting to deduct from past events and to find patterns which fit the present. If they happen to materialize the same way in the future, that's an Eureka!

P.S. I find it most annoying to ask a simple question and to get in return some endless theoritization about who I am, why I am, who I was in my 93 reincarnation, how my great-great-great-grandfather affected my marriage when he left to war 150 years ago and so on. I am all for moderation. What's been happening in the divination circles over the past ten years is just over the top. A big deal over the top. A so called "reader" who can't answer me a simple yes/no question is simply not capable to answer more complicated ones, to me. I just cross them from the list.

I do understand. And I still disagree. I am myself a Pluto person, have followed this planet for very long and have written here many times about Pluto. Devouring who and how and how does it manifest? To me Pluto is: end; deeply uprooting change; life changing events of all kinds, normally include pain, may be physical too; a tool of enormous power which can be suffered or used, the latter gives power over the masses to those who master it; material goods, especially those which are not visible to everyone and if reached, vast amounts of them; in certain combos participates in birth prediction in return charts.

How do we distinguish the outer planets if we assign to all of them those? Why would they rule different signs and how would this rulership manifest if their behaviour is nearly the same?

I'm a bit confused. If it depends on the individual, then it can't be a "definite" thing coming from the planet. Again, you say you've seen children taken during Neptune transit but since we are on an astrological forum, let's do it as we should, let's take a look at the person's chart at this moment and see if only Neptune was playing? Because I haven't seen such events during a Neptune transit, so I'd be very interested.

Again, *definitely* according to what, to who? Even with ancient astrology there are no definite things, despite the hundreds of years of observation they had over the personal planets which no one has had with the outers yet. What makes you say that Neptune *definitely* brings loss and sacrifice? I say that I haven't seen anything similar just because of Neptune, on his own.

To add, I am in a Neptune/natal Sun/natal Mars transit, Neptune on the Asc in solar arc, Neptune/Sun progressed conjunction after a progressed New Moon on natal Neptune and Pisces progressed Asc. (I know how it all played out and still plays out and it has nothing to do with loss, I can explain it all), if I have to use myself as an example, as I have tons of Neptunian aspects currently and over the past year.

And again, I haven't sacrificed friends or sacrificed myself for friends with Neptune in the 11th, haven't sacrificed ideas, on the contrary; I gave another person as an example for the purity of his unaspected Neptune, I'd love to see some examples from you too. We can post charts and everyone will be able to judge and practice. May be there will be more than one point of view but most importantly, we won't be theoritizing.

That's common truth, I think and doesn't require some kind of superior mind, it's part of all known cults, legends and religions (later). But I fail to see how it proves your points above. You spoke of events, not of psychoanalitical themes. If someone's child is taken and you say it's due to a Neptunian transit, would you contribute to the statement? Outers haven't been vastly explored, it's always useful to see a chart with a prominent event and judge what brought the event to happen.

Well, it's only natural, you also spoke of events above. Life consists of events, after all. And is far simpler than people love to make it look.

To be honest, I am not at all interested in this kind of debates, it just goes into endless mind-rolling and ego games and power trips. I stated my views, if someone finds them upsetting, he or she should check the solidity of his own attitudes. I have no problems with different kind of approaches towards astrology - I might even consult a differnet kind of astrologer if needed, but my approach certainly requiers a lot of depth and inquiry. Yes, psychological approach is much deeper and complex. It is just so:) And yes, it is a fact that most people don't feel like going into this.

As for assigning attributes to all of the outer planets - again, I don't want to discuss with people who put things out of context and put words into my mouth. This is why this debate is pointless - it is not about sharing but about 'winning the argument' and I find no interest in such childish games. But just to be clear - outer planets have a common caracteristics of let's say, 'cracking our egos', or twisting our preconceived notions of who we are and thus expanding our awarness, so there is a common theme of their intervention, yes, by all means. They also have a common name, as social and personal planets do.

I lost my mother when T-Uranus was exactly conjuncting my Moon. I have seen a child die when T-Neptune was exactly opposing Moon, etc. Then again, Neptune can transit Moon and nothing happens in the outer world. That's why inquiry is needed. You cannot know exact manifestations of the planets and to presume so, it is just trying to squeeze a very complex world of human psyche into matematical formulas. It doesn't work so. Yes, people would like it to work so, because life seems simpler this way, but it just doesn't work like that. On some level yes, but the deeper you go, it is more subtle and complex.

The planets help explain the experience - but the level of comprehension depends on the indivdual and on his depth and capacity. Some people can never fully integrate such experiences. They may not even notice that something has happened. That is why the outer planets for instance are so out of reach - the humanity in general is not ready yet to integrate them fully, not even understand them. But we are getting there:) The human awarness is expanding, we are also living longer and longer, so the long cycles of the outer planets will become more personalized.
And as the awarness expands, more planets will be discovered probably.

Am I saying that the understanding of the planets and astrology depends on the level of intelligence, awarness and depth of the individual? Of course I am!:) Totally! As do all things in life. If some people's egos get offended - it is their issue and perhaps something to 'psychoanalize':)

As I said, I have no interest in these kind of debates, I just wanted to share something here, my own understanding, but I see that such views are not very well accepted here, so I am definitely exluding my self from any ego debates and games. It is just a waiste of energy and my energy is precious, I use it for fruitful things:)

best regards
wind

Minderwiz

As I said, I have no interest in these kind of debates, I just wanted to share something here, my own understanding, but I see that such views are not very well accepted here, so I am definitely exluding my self from any ego debates and games. It is just a waiste of energy and my energy is precious, I use it for fruitful things:)

best regards
wind

That's rather a pity, as your views are clearly of interest to others, from the comments made. However having posted your views, it isn't surprising that you are asked for elucidation or further explanation and I didn't find Ronia's comments anything other than polite if critical. This is how newcomers can learn, through following a debate between competent astrologers.

It's certainly a major issue throughout the history of Astrology as to why some transits can be associated with clear events, whilst others seem not to be. I agree with you that it does call for a further and deeper investigation. I tend to see that investigation as an astrological one - for example looking at combinations of signals through transit, progression or direction though looking for a psychological explanation is one that many current astrologers will do.

This really isn't the thread to pursue that debate but I'd certainly be interested in another thread on those Uranus transits - and especially the astrological events related to the child's own chart, assuming that you would not find that such a discussion re-opened old wounds.

wind

That's rather a pity, as your views are clearly of interest to others, from the comments made. However having posted your views, it isn't surprising that you are asked for elucidation or further explanation and I didn't find Ronia's comments anything other than polite if critical. That's how newcomers can learn, through following a debate between competent astrologers.

It's certainly a major issue throughout the history of Astrology as to why some tranists can be associated with clear events, whilst others seem not to be. I agree with you that it does call for a further and deeper investigation. I tend to see that investigation as an astrological one - for example looking at combinations of signals through transit, progression or direction but looking for a psychological explanation is one that many current astrologers will do.

This really isn't the thread to pursue that debate but I'd certainly be interested in another thread on those Uranus transits - and especially the astrological events related to the child's own chart, assuming that you would not find that such a discussion re-opened old wounds.

Hi Minderwitz,
sure, you can reopen the debate, it touches no wounds:) But the debate itself for me is pointless and I will not participate in this kind of atmosphere. I am not saying it was not polite, for sure not, but I don't appreciate the 'picking apart' aspects that people usually use, getting stuck on the same issues all the time, clinging to words and quoting what you wrote endlessly, clearly not listening and wanting to argue and 'win'...For me these are ego games, rather immature, must say, and I don't want to be dragged into it. It is not 'let's meet and listen to each other', but it is 'who is going to prove his or her point'. Too silly for me, sorry.

I don't feel I need to defend or argue my positions, I have trained with the finest psychological astrologers and Jungian psychoanalists, I have my own practice and I speak from experience, gained through work with my own clients. I know what I am talking about and I need to say honestly, that it is just too hard to over and over explain the complexity of, in this case, outer planets, when the other person already has a fixed opinion and is clearly not open to this kind of approach, even finds it almost pointless. 'Debate' with such people is just a waiste of energy.

And I am sorry, but I do find the opinions that I met in this debate on Neptune, rather limited and narrowminded, onesided and simplistic - this is not subtle nor complex enough for me that we could have a meaningful, fruitful debate.
I exposed some psyhological and spiritual aspects of this archetype, which are valid, confirmed and have been developed and worked on, experienced by true experts in this field - and here they just get rebuffed and rejected (without any real argument, of course), just because the other person clearly is not open to this kind of approach. Sorry, this indicates closed mind and too narrow, rigid frame of thinking - and I don't feel any need to enter into discussions on such level.

kind regards
wind

Minderwiz

Again that's rather sad but I accept your reasons for not participating further. I actually did not propose re-opening the debate here, as I agree that it has run its course. What I suggested was a thread on an interesting issue that you raised about the nature of transits. It would have been nice if you had agreed to participate in an examination of those Uranus transits, if only to help beginners to develop an appreciation of the depths of your techniques. Moreover, it is a concrete examination, and therefore cannot be traduced through 'mind games'. I've examined several issues, both natal and events with Dave (Dadsnook2000) using radically different approaches, yet they have led to agreement and to greater insights. Neither of us has attempted to 'convert' the other but to tease out issues.

I must admit that I did not find the atmosphere as bad as you seemed to, and whilst not agreeing with all of Ronia's points (I'm sceptical about the outers - one of the reasons why I didn't participate myself after the first page) I felt she asked some valid questions, in a reasonable way, certainly ones that could have benefited from examination. However if we all took the same viewpoint life would be rather dull :)

dadsnook2000

Another type of posting

I did not comment on the subject of this thread because I didn't have any direct experience with Neptune in the 2nd or 3rd house and didn't want to contribute re-stated views.

However, if we were to examine movements of any of the outer planets relative to the natal chart I would suggest we recognize that there may be "groupings" of techniques or methodologies that would provide differing types and depths of understanding.

FIRST, we can merely look at TRANSITS to the NATAL chart. A transit of an outer planet seems most valid when that planet is either angular or has aspects within the natal chart. This seems to emphasize the influence of a transiting contact.

SECOND, we can look at PROGRESSIONS and/or DIRECTIONS to the NATAL chart. These are based on symbolic time --- the 17th day after birth representing the 17th year, etc.

THIRD, we can look at CYCLIC charts such as Solar Returns and derived daily charts, Lunar Returns, Moon-to-natal-Sun Returns (my current area of investigation), etc. These charts have the added dimension of re-orientating the natal chart within the return-chart wheel structure. This adds another dimension to interpretation --- natal planets, transiting planets, cyclic orientation of the house structure.

FOURTH, we can look at an outer planet in terms of its last conjunction with one's Sun position, Asc., or MC to see what kind of phase relationship meaning is involved.

I'd be open to supporting any form of investigation along these or other lines as we can all benefit from sharing. Dave

Minderwiz

Dave,

Yes, my own approach would be to look for astrological factors which may or may not lead to an 'observed' transit leading to a 'real world' effect, and indeed to see if (an) astrological theory or explanation fits to the observed events.

I've now reached a stage where I'm more than happy that Astrology can be practiced in some real depth without the outers. That being said they are 'out there' as you are so fond of pointing out :) and may therefore add further information to the analysis.

I've just been listening to one of Chris Brennan's lectures in which he touches on the outers, and suggests that they their lack of visibility may mean that they are qualitatively different from the others and whilst that qualitative difference exists, it's not a reason for rejecting them but rethinking them. As you know I've been toying with the idea of using them akin to fixed stars (a sort of semi fixed but not really wandering star :) ) So I would like to progress that idea forward.

As wind has decided not to pursue the matter, it seems that we are without the initial chart to consider but maybe you have one that might work as the basis for that consideration.

wind

Again that's rather sad but I accept your reasons for not participating further. I actually did not propose re-opening the debate here, as I agree that it has run its course. What I suggested was a thread on an interesting issue that you raised about the nature of transits. It would have been nice if you had agreed to participate in an examination of those Uranus transits, if only to help beginners to develop an appreciation of the depths of your techniques. Moreover, it is a concrete examination, and therefore cannot be traduced through 'mind games'. I've examined several issues, both natal and events with Dave (Dadsnook2000) using radically different approaches, yet they have led to agreement and to greater insights. Neither of us has attempted to 'convert' the other but to tease out issues.

I must admit that I did not find the atmosphere as bad as you seemed to, and whilst not agreeing with all of Ronia's points (I'm sceptical about the outers - one of the reasons why I didn't participate myself after the first page) I felt she asked some valid questions, in a reasonable way, certainly ones that could have benefited from examination. However if we all took the same viewpoint life would be rather dull :)

It is true, it is dull if we all agree, but there is a difference between not agreeing and rebuffing. And the later is too silly for me to consider, especially from a person who clearly doesn't have the necessary knowledge nor experience and just does it blindly, without even considering the material. Sorry, but this cannot be a real partner in discussion.

And to be honest, I don't need such discussions any way - human experience has
many levels and I see no point in trying to prove one point over another. Again, too 'ego-trippish':)

I am sorry, but I found Ronia's tone and attitude just too aggressive, competitve and dismissive, while obviously lacking any serious knowledge of psychological approach and even finding it almost 'useless' (like her remarks that people come for 'facts':)). Too arrogant and narrow-minded for me, sorry, and clearly showing no openess towards different, that is, psychological or even 'spiritual' approach. Why debate it? I don't have the need to prove anything. I can share my experience and knowledge, if people don't care for it, it is their problem.
And I find it hilarious how she rejected the notions of womb, dissolution, sacrifice and loss with Neptune - I cannot take her statements seriously if she is so oblivious of this side of this planet, bascially denying its essential, most intrinsic part.

I am sorry, I really like your touch, Minderwitz, and I really appreciate your efforts here on the forum and some discussions may be nice, but I contributed here with the intention to share not to fall into rather aggressive debates and sensless rebuffing. It is just not my thing, not the level I am comfortable with.

I just wanted to explain my view, but now I guess it is enough of that:) We have all been clear enough.
Thank you for your kind contribution and remarks!

Enjoy the rest of the debate.:love:

Ronia

wind, thank you for defining me as someone lacking knowledge and experience (not to mention all the personal insults), I certainly am a student of astrology. :D I am by no means offended by that and eagerly await any thread you start on your experince with Neptune and the reason why you used the word "definitely". I'll be happy to share my own experiences with my chart and those of others. :) Until then, to me, the outers are vastly unknown and I, personally, wouldn't use the word "definitely" in the same sentence with any of them. :)

Ronia

The situation here of Neptune in 3rd and siblings is interesting, but I feel it would have to relate to the parents as well. Would that be planetary placements and tense aspects to planets in 4th and 10th? (or their rulers?)

I've thought about that... I'm not sure, to be honest. I'd definitely look at the 6/12 because, you know, I still think we make our own choices... But yes, parents may enforce it, you're right about that... It's worth consideration, I'll see what I can find in some older charts and share if anything looks significant.

Minderwiz

I am sorry, but I found Ronia's tone and attitude just too aggressive, competitve and dismissive, while obviously lacking any serious knowledge of psychological approach and even finding it almost 'useless' (like her remarks that people come for 'facts':)). Too arrogant and narrow-minded for me, sorry, and clearly showing no openess towards different, that is, psychological or even 'spiritual' approach. Why debate it? I don't have the need to prove anything. I can share my experience and knowledge, if people don't care for it, it is their problem.
And I find it hilarious how she rejected the notions of womb, dissolution, sacrifice and loss with Neptune - I cannot take her statements seriously if she is so oblivious of this side of this planet, bascially denying its essential, most intrinsic part.

Well I must admit a couple of your phrases raised my hackles but I took it that you had no intention to insult, so I didn't say anything. Now I don't see event driven Astrology as in some way inferior to a psychological approach, or more shallow. Nor do I see people wanting to have an idea of what actual events are going to happen as simply 'fortune telling'. I've seen enough depth of philosophy in, for example, Hellenistic Astrology, to know that it's exploration is good for the 'soul'. But I repeat, I realised you had no intention to be derogatory and that sometimes what we say isn't what we meant to say :)

wind said:

Ronia is certainly combative but then if ideas are not put to the test we would not learn much.

But why should she accept the psychological approach as the only valid way of looking at Neptune et all in particular or Astrology in general? I certainly don't though Liz Greene, Howard Saportas and Stephen Arroyo are still amongst my favourite astrologers and I owe them all a great debt in helping me back into Astrology. There are many other valid approaches to Astrology, indeed one thing I'd love to see is a Jyotish astrologer join us. And yes, they do challenge each other or put emphasis on different 'aspects' of the nature of Astrology.

One can still see value to Neptune et al, without accepting the theories of Jung et al and see them in a different way, ignorance of the psychological approach is not equivalent to ignorance of Astrology :). That may well lead to a desire to have others explain their position if different from ours. Enthusiasm can sometimes seem challenging, but from experience I much prefer students who challenge my views than those who just act in a receptive manner. Even though I'm retired I still love teaching. However that means exposing yourself to what may seem on the surface challenges to your very being. They are not, they are simply the desire to take nothing for granted.

I still hope that at some stage you would be willing to look through a chart with me - not in any antagonistic or combative way but as a means to compare approaches and indeed to help others learn. And I certainly would value Dave's input and Ronia's too. I've learned that underneath that rather forthright exterior is a sharp mind. She challenges me quite often, sometimes with good reason but I enjoy the challenge and I hope I can still rise to it :)

Take care but do think about doing a mutual chart reading.