The De-Enabling Thread

Apocalipstick

Thanks for the opinions on the VR and the FMT.

Gregory and fall_guy, that's exactly my feeling about the VR. The FMT... no, perhaps no that tarot-ish, and I can definitely see where it looks "artificial," but it reminds me of these animal lithographs I had when I was younger. And I'm sentimental about that kind of stuff. :rolleyes:

Now cardstock can be an issue.

(My Scapini started getting frayed edges after just a week of use; in places, the paper peeled off. And I'm not a maniac shuffler by any means.)

:laugh: Jewel, what you say about the FMT only makes me like it more. Even though I've been too faithful to my RWS, I tend to like oddball decks that give no-nonsense reads. But I'm already biased toward the FMT.

I'm not de-enabled but I'm no longer itching to purchase right now either. This was a pretty useful exchange. Thanks, everyone!

Now to find a crooked house...

Know of any good ones, Magpie?

Jewel

Apocalipstick said:
:laugh: Jewel, what you say about the FMT only makes me like it more. Even though I've been too faithful to my RWS, I tend to like oddball decks that give no-nonsense reads. But I'm already biased toward the FMT.
Well great :D ... see I did help de-enable you from the VR ~giggles madly~

But do not be fooled, like you I like decks that give "non non-sence" reads, and the VR does that ... something I did not expect that deck to do, and one of the reasons I did not think I would ever fall for it the way I did. All I can say in this case (and for any MR deck) do not judge a book by its cover.

By the way the FM has one of the coolest if not THE coolest Tower card. I love the imagery they selected for it.

OOOOPS I going to get kicked out of this thread if I am not careful here ...

magpie9

Apocalipstick said:
Now to find a crooked house...

Know of any good ones, Magpie?
There's one for sale acrosss the street...lot's of room for decks and cats, but you'd need a free contractor to pretty much rebuild it before you moved in...I woudn't recomend it. ;)

Apocalipstick

Jewel, you are soooooo bad. Just as I'm finding some strength to resist the urge to purchase. You're a pusher in de-enabler skin. :laugh: At least I haven't found that crooked house yet, since Magpie's find requires more work that I want.

I think I'll attempt one more de-enabling for the VR, since the FMT is a lost cause at this point. Ahem:

... ... ...

It's not the Victoria Regina, which is what I really want.

I really hate cherubs, even if they're on only two cards. I don't much care for fairies, either, and the Ace of Swords is usually one of my favorite cards. As is the Queen of Swords, and I'm not too fond of what's been done to her.

Those RWS roots are showing.

There's significant Brazilian wax action.

It's syrupy.

Then there's the cardstock, as some of you have mentioned. And the artificial-ness.

And I really would only be getting it because I don't have the Victoria Regina.

I think I'm getting somewhere now. :D Just keep Jewel away from me. :p

magpie9

Personally, I can't stand the Victoria Regina. I was very seriously happy to trade it away....but I really like the Victorian Romantic...so I don't think one can substitute for the other. The only thing they have in common is the Era, and they address it completely differently. I think you are going to be really really disappointed if you "settle" for the V-Romantic.

Apocalipstick

Oh, I agree there's no comparison. They may both be Victorian, but that's about it. It's not "settling" exactly -- more like straying in the same general family. And it's quite pretty. MR production values are about as close to impeccable as you get.

magpie9

You're going to get it, aren't you? I think you're dancing around to much for someone who really wants to be talked ot of it!

MysticalMoose

yes...I can hear the sound of a credit card flexing!!!:D

Apocalipstick

Hah! :laugh:

No, I'm not going to get it. Not for now. I'll do what I usually do when money starts burning its way through my wallet: wait a month, see how bad I want it then.