Fool as an action towards you??

Chasing Fireflies

The Fool as an action towards you ???

I did a reading for a friend. She wanted to know what sort of action someone is going to take towards her by the end of the week -

- Crowning card: Hermit
- What is before you: Six of wands
- Hopes and fears: Two of cups

- Outcome: Fool

I mention the cards which I feel are the most significant within the ten card spread.

I think she feels like this person will not do anything and I see that in the Hermit.
At the same time, she is too proud to take any action herself - Six of wands.
She is very hopeful that this person will contact her, meet up with her.....- Two of cups

But the Fool is where I get really confused. The best I can do is suggest that anything is possible because the fool is so unpredictable.

To be honest, I don't really know what to tell her, any ideas you guys ???

Dangala

The action might be impulsive, unpredictable and exciting.. Something unexpected and not planned or something she was not expecting.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretation?

I did a reading for a friend, she wanted to know what sort of action will a certain person take towards her by the end of the week.

The Fool came up as the outcome. What does the fool mean as an action towards someone???
The Fool is so confusing to me as a possible action. It's unpredictable, like anything is possible.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Greetings, Chasing Fireflies,

As per our UTC rules, when discussing cards from a reading, you have to offer your own thoughts on what they means before anyone else can offer theirs. We know you're confused, but saying that the Fool is "unpredictable" and anything could happen seems to be an avoidance of even trying to guess what the card might mean. After all, there are limits to actions we can take in any situation. Most of us can't defy the laws of gravity or shoot lasers from our eyes. "Anything" is not possible.

So, what possible action might this card suggest that this person might take in this situation towards someone? Give us your thoughts, and then others can give you theirs.

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

Chasing Fireflies

Oh ok, I wasn't actually trying to avoid providing my own interpretation, I guess I didn't provide enough detail.

I meant that the Fool is unpredictable in the sense that the card is essentially representative of someone who is very liberal in terms of their behaviour. This can either be good or bad in any given situation and it all depends on the surrounding cards of coarse.

In terms of a specific action towards someone, in this situation, I see it as either

1. a step towards a new beginning, approaching a situation/person with an open mind or a new, fresh perspective.

or

2. it could mean that this person will move on to new things, go of on a new adventure so to speak. Being so carefree, I don't think the Fool would hesitate to leave someone behind.

I mean these two examples are the two most obvious interpretations. Does anyone have some other ideas about what it could mean as a possible action towards someone???

Barleywine

OK, I'm putting this back in.

Before I get serious, let's have some fun!

What does your typical Fool do? Simper and drool and roll his eyes? Screw up his face, jump and down waving his arms and shout obscenities? Just grin like a . . . Fool?

OK, enough of that . . . :)

Maybe he (or perhaps she?) draws back from the brink of the precipice and doesn't quite engage? Maybe he does something completely unexpected and seemingly out-of-character? Maybe he just acts "foolish" because he doesn't know what to say? Maybe his actions will be naive, idealistic and probably nervous? Maybe he just acts in a carefree, irresponsible and innocent manner?

However he acts, hopefully it's with dignity (not always a reasonable expectation from a Fool). But certainly expect the unexpected.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

A thread on the same cards from Your Readings has been merged with an existing thread that was already in Using Tarot Cards.

Chasing Fireflies

Thank you to the moderators for merging the two threads, I got a bit confused there, loll :)

Dangala and Barleywine, thank you for your input :)

Impulsive and unexpected sound like a good bet...........hopefully it will turn out to be like a pleasant surprise but I don't want to get her hopes up though.

To be on the safe side I think I'll just tell her to expect the unexpected, loll

Padma

I did a reading for a friend. She wanted to know what sort of action someone is going to take towards her by the end of the week -

- Crowning card: Hermit
- What is before you: Six of wands
- Hopes and fears: Two of cups

- Outcome: Fool

I mention the cards which I feel are the most significant within the ten card spread.

I think she feels like this person will not do anything and I see that in the Hermit.
At the same time, she is too proud to take any action herself - Six of wands.
She is very hopeful that this person will contact her, meet up with her.....- Two of cups

But the Fool is where I get really confused. The best I can do is suggest that anything is possible because the fool is so unpredictable.

To be honest, I don't really know what to tell her, any ideas you guys ???

Crowning card is the possible (but not probable) future in a Celtic Cross. Therefore, Hermit as a possible card is actually coming out of a period of seclusion. But that is not a guaranteed future. It jut shows that it is a possibility.

What is before you: Six of Wands shows that she will temporarily get over the thing for him. She will triumph over her feelings.

Hopes and Fears: Two of Cups = she both wants and fears the couple state with this person.

Final outcome: Fool - she will jump into the relationship willingly, without thinking it through.

You asked "what sort of actions will he take towards her" but in the end, the tarot only says what the querent will do. It is really bad at reading the motives of others, I believe. In either case, though, I think the Fool here signifies they will both take a chance with each other :) The Fool suggests blithely jumping off the cliff of commitment, without thinking. Falling blindly in love. Nothing there to suggest it is permanent, as Fool = 0, potential, beginning - but it does suggest they will throw all caution to the winds, and fall into each other :love:

That is my take!

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Four member-deleted posts and a Mod Note have been removed from the thread. No posts with content were touched.

Chasing Fireflies

Thank you Padma, that's a really interesting way of looking at it :) I especially like your take on the six of wands.

To be honest though, I didn't want to jump to any negative conclusions earlier and I'm really doing my best to consider some of the more positive possible outcomes that have been suggested but the more I think about it, I don't really see anything happening between these two people.

The Fool may very well be representative of her own action but to me the outcome is essentially the same. Maybe he will suddenly decide to move on or maybe she will suddenly decide to move on but either way I see it as one or both people deciding to forget about it and move on to new things.

In this situation it just feels like someone unexpectedly breaking free of a person or situation and moving on to new things with a fresh perspective on the world. And I think the Hermit reinforces this moving on ALONE aspect.

I don't want to be stubborn though, I'm going to give it some more thought......