Repeating Hermit card...

re-pete-a

My friend has asked if there are any here who can give an answer to the recurring Hermit he keeps getting...

I have given a reason ...but typical friends ...they want another persons opinion....

I have posted the request and await your replies...

Barleywine

I can think of a few possibilities for it repeating:

Pay closer attention to the wisdom of his "inner voice."

Raise his lamp a little higher and broaden his perspective.

Consider exercising even greater prudence in something important he's contemplating doing. (Especially if it involves taking others into his confidence.)

re-pete-a

My Bad...

I didn't post my interpretation...

I told the person that the HERMIT card was appearing because he feels that all the learning that's been gained has led to feelings of isolations...

It was agreed to ...
"It's hard to talk to many others due to knowing hidden things which tend to make me feel isolated."

BUT...

"There must be more"...so it's posted for further inputs...

re-pete-a

I can think of a few possibilities for it repeating:

Pay closer attention to the wisdom of his "inner voice."

Raise his lamp a little higher and broaden his perspective.

Consider exercising even greater prudence in something important he's contemplating doing. (Especially if it involves taking others into his confidence.)

They're here with me at present ...

The feedback comment to your post is ...
Thank you for the reminder to "stand back" and look at the broader situation...it's a good and timely reminder.

Though there feels to be something else,something deeper, that is waiting to be gleaned from it...

jillkite

I would say that the Hermit keeps appearing as a reassurance that greater solitude is entirely appropriate at this time as your friend is developing strong connections with the Unvierse, with his inner light. Although others may sometimes point the way, this path can only be walked alone and needs significant amounts of time spent with the self, in meditation or doing energetic work in some way. Once he has made the Universal connections that he needs he will feel to be more social once again. Different people will be attracted to spend time with him as a result of the inner light that he is cultivating now.

Hopefully that perspective might add something to your understanding.

With love & light.

Elven

After reading your thoughts and taking a look at a Hermit - I can offer maybe these words to add to the perspective -
Endurance - the keep the focus to find the light at the end of the tunnel - its where the way out is, and the end of the destination.
Progress - to the goal at a pace where each and every step means something significant.
Action - Take your time making the decisions to get you to where you are going - but once made, act on them.
Recovery - may take time.

LeFou

...he feels that all the learning that's been gained has led to feelings of isolations...

Are you saying that he spends too much time studying?

"It's hard to talk to many others due to knowing hidden things which tend to make me feel isolated."

Hidden things?

r3alchild

My friend has asked if there are any here who can give an answer to the recurring Hermit he keeps getting...

I have given a reason ...but typical friends ...they want another persons opinion....

I have posted the request and await your replies...
What I see in the hermit.

Sometimes one must cover themselves from all external distractions to focus on the light of the inner self.

Farzon

To me the Hermit is also some sort of paragon. He raises his lamp: "you could be where I am". Or think of Nik Kershaw's song "The Riddle": his mind is a beacon in the dead of the night.

So the Hermit can indicate a time to go within, reflect on wrong and right and then go ahead determined and by that maybe inspiring others.

Grizabella

This year is my "Hermit year" and I've always tended to be kind of a hermit anyway.

What I get from the Hermit card is that one should give a lot of introspection and thought to exactly who they are and then reach back to give others a hand up who are struggling along life's path and encountering life difficulties that they, the Hermit, have also faced and survived. In my case, battered women and other alcoholics as well as people abused as children are my areas where I've been able to shine a light back to help others see the way and know they can heal and survive.