Bohemian Gothic...if there IS another...

RunningWild

Aha, this answers my trivial question as to whether BabaStudios was using the same fabric for the different images on their bags. (They're not.) The burgundy silk velvet sounds beautiful for the Tarot Reader bag! What color is the interior of your bag, RunningWild?

It matches the burgundy velvet actually.

HuskyChariot

I got mine last night at last :party:

I'm chuffed with the vibrant colours, it IS different to the previous two editions, there seems to be a blue hazy glow to the scenes which is a nice touch. Edition three is the loud and brash cousin... the one you want to drink with :) I can see myself using this deck quite a bit before I commit to one deck only for 3 months next year.

And the card stock... oh me oh my... in my opinion, it is perfect!! I couldn't stop shuffling and feeling up the cards last night ha ha

karen0205

Hi Karen, I believe the large cards do have the same card stock but since they are larger they flex more than the mini's card stock. I used the larger cards in a reading last night and they shuffle quite smoothly.
Thanks, they sound great. That is how the VR Russian felt.
I have to order the regular size now, hahahhaa

Aerin

3rd Edition Lovers Bag

Just in case anyone has missed this - I nearly did!!! - there are some of the alternate Lovers card bags for sale.

I really like the image with the romantic veil.

Essjay

Just in case anyone has missed this - I nearly did!!! - there are some of the alternate Lovers card bags for sale.

I really like the image with the romantic veil.

Me too! Mine arrived this week and it's the most beautiful bag. The veil is stunning.

Oni

Cardstock Different in 3rd and 2nd?

I apologize if this has been stated but i glanced threw the posts and did not see this answered. But there are so many i only skimmed.

I have what is the 2nd ed and i love it but not the card stock. My friend was wanting to get me the 3rd ed one with the leopard box. But if the card stock is like the 2nd then i will tell her to not bother. Does anyone have both? If so is the 3rd ed better card stock? I like the thickness that is cool it is the flat hardness of the cards i do not like. I would like more glossy smooth finish. Also like are the cards sturdy? Cause i would not like those thin bending decks like hmm a deck i can not think of right now.

Rhinemaiden

I apologize if this has been stated but i glanced threw the posts and did not see this answered. But there are so many i only skimmed.

I have what is the 2nd ed and i love it but not the card stock. My friend was wanting to get me the 3rd ed one with the leopard box. But if the card stock is like the 2nd then i will tell her to not bother. Does anyone have both? If so is the 3rd ed better card stock? I like the thickness that is cool it is the flat hardness of the cards i do not like. I would like more glossy smooth finish. Also like are the cards sturdy? Cause i would not like those thin bending decks like hmm a deck i can not think of right now.

YES, the cardstock IS different between the 2nd and 3rd editions.... I will try to describe it for you as best I can, but the final decision to buy the 3rd is up to you! (one man's meat and all that...)

2nd edition - feels matte, slightly rough to the touch

3rd editon - much smoother, feels lightly laminated

MRP is known for quality production, quality card stock. Will the cards bend with continued use? Who knows? I side shuffle and treat my cards carefully.

As far as the thickness of the cards..... the editions feel the same, with perhaps the 3rd feeling a touch more flexible.

Hope this helps.... it's all subjective, isn't it? ;)

Oni

Rhinemaiden

Ah you described it exactly! thanks

The Happy Squirrel

First thing I checked was to make sure all cards were there, yep, yay! BIGGEST SURPRISE is the ACE OF PENTS. When I look at the weathervane, it looks like primitive art. Like someone took a black mask and crudely outlined in white paint. Interesting. It looks like it doesn't match the rest of the picture in style or anything. Like it was just kind of added. Like I said, interesting. I don't hate it or anything, I just didn't expect it. I love the card stock, but then I find the thinner stock easier to shuffle. I think all the changes are fine. Some are very subtle, some more pronounced. I'm going to compare with my first edition and I have a friend who has all three, so it will be interesting to see the evolution or change.

Hi GreatDane it would be lovely to hear what you found out!
I am trying to understand the differences between the 3 editions and have not been able to find collated info about that anywhere so far :)