Victorian Fairy Tarot

Thoughtful

There's not been much discussion about this deck and as it came 3rd in the 2013 poll just wondering why this deathly silence. Is anyone working with it besides me. What are your thoughts on this deck, love, not love, indifferent, disappointment.
Myself l find it a lovely, refreshing change to my other decks, most querents given a choice of cards will select this one. Its a good reader and gives me accuracy.
Anyways just curious as to how you all feel about :)

GlitterNova

Funny you should mention this deck, I've been hemming and hawing over getting it for the last week or so (it was between this and the Hidden Realm but the whimsy of the VF has won me over). I really enjoy how the traditional RWS symbolism has been updated. It's more in tune with day-to-day life without feeling too 'modern'. And the artwork reminds me of the Flower Fairy books I'd read when I was younger.

Also any deck that comes from a big publisher borderless and with a nice guidebook deserves praise :)

Thoughtful

Nice to have your comments GlitterNova,
I don't think you will be disappointed in the Victorian Fairy To me its a heartwarming and delightful deck. The artist has really done a good job in producing these little folk in a non twee way. Its a little world all of its own yet follows the traditional meanings in a way that is easily understood. I have many a chuckle at the depictions, especially the 10 of Summer (cups) l can't seem to upload a photo, sorry. Its a lighthearted tarot yet delivers the messages very well IMHO. There is a wealth of detail in the cards which gets the intuition going.
When you think fairy deck it can conjure up airy fairy fluttering beings with no substance , l don't find that at all, they are little folk working and enjoying life as we do.

I don't have the Hidden Realm myself but it seems to have many followers. I would say it depends on how much detail you like in your cards. The Victorian Fairy has lots.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

There was another thread about this deck not too long ago I think. I can't quite remember where I saw it. I have this deck and I absolutely love it. Its actually replaced shadowscapes as my go to deck. I love the imagery and its a combination of all my favorite things. The artwork is great and I love the soft feel of it. I feel like its a very deep deck which you don't come across with a lot of fae decks. I have he mystic faerie tarot too and while its lovely I much prefer the Victorian fairy tarot.

It's been very accurate for me as well. The winter suit really shows how this deck isn't just happiness and fairy fluff all the time. Its still very whimsical and I think its the best deck out there for depicting the fae and their many facets. Anyhoo, I got this deck at the beginning of this year and until recently it's been the only deck I've used.

Amsonia

I give this deck two thumbs up, plus a bonus 'green' thumbs up because the flower symbolism was a nice added surprise to me. This is my favorite deck I own, thought I only own about 5, but yes, I do like it as my go to deck, and have since I bought it last year.

It really has great layers of meaning and I like how easy it is to read intuitively because of the detailed illustrations. I also like how the fairies are depicted in both genders and at different ages and beauty, it isn't just "pretty" fairies.

Thoughtful

There was another thread about this deck not too long ago I think. I can't quite remember where I saw it. I have this deck and I absolutely love it. Its actually replaced shadowscapes as my go to deck. I love the imagery and its a combination of all my favorite things. The artwork is great and I love the soft feel of it. I feel like its a very deep deck which you don't come across with a lot of fae decks. I have he mystic faerie tarot too and while its lovely I much prefer the Victorian fairy tarot.

It's been very accurate for me as well. The winter suit really shows how this deck isn't just happiness and fairy fluff all the time. Its still very whimsical and I think its the best deck out there for depicting the fae and their many facets. Anyhoo, I got this deck at the beginning of this year and until recently it's been the only deck I've used.

I am glad its not just me that sees the depth in this deck, and l have to agree that the winter suits do give it to you straight. It would be so easy to be dismissive of this tarot simply because it is fairy based. I also like the 3 of winter, its all deliciously drama queen and gossip which has proved to be very accurate in readings, a new take on the emotional 3 of swords unhappiness. There are so many wonderful touches in this tarot and it gets my intuition really firing.

Thoughtful

I give this deck two thumbs up, plus a bonus 'green' thumbs up because the flower symbolism was a nice added surprise to me. This is my favorite deck I own, thought I only own about 5, but yes, I do like it as my go to deck, and have since I bought it last year.

It really has great layers of meaning and I like how easy it is to read intuitively because of the detailed illustrations. I also like how the fairies are depicted in both genders and at different ages and beauty, it isn't just "pretty" fairies.

Yes l agree the flower symbolism was an inspired touch it adds a heap more to the cards. You saying the fairies are shown at different ages and beauty is precisely what attracted me to something l thought l would not be interested in. For me as l mentioned before, they are little folk we can identify with, doing what we do and experiencing the same highs and lows.
It all makes a wonderful change to see our world through their eyes making it so intuitive and readable.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I am glad its not just me that sees the depth in this deck, and l have to agree that the winter suits do give it to you straight. It would be so easy to be dismissive of this tarot simply because it is fairy based. I also like the 3 of winter, its all deliciously drama queen and gossip which has proved to be very accurate in readings, a new take on the emotional 3 of swords unhappiness. There are so many wonderful touches in this tarot and it gets my intuition really firing.

It definitely gets my intuition firing as well. The winter suit plagues me. :p Especially the 5 of winter.

And I do like that there are fairies of all ages like you both mentioned. This deck depicts all stages of life where as other fae decks are all young, lovely fairies for the most part. I just enjoy the fact that suits are the seasons and all the flower symbolism that's included which makes me happy because I'm a huge gardener. Its a really earthy deck and that makes me quite happy. :)

Le Fanu

I love this deck. More and more.

And it's so not me in terms of theme etc but it really won me over. It's RWS but with so many added info and details and whimsy that you forget you're reading with a deck that is rehashing because it has so much that is original.

It has a very distinct dynamic which I can't put my finger on. It's almost like I forget it is RWS , but if I stop and think, I know that it is.

I think Llewellyn did a really good job on this one - the borderlessness, the shufflability, the colours, the extensive companion book, the way it feels like traditional fairy tale illustrations and yet wildly contemporary. I like how it is mixed, male & female, young & old, not too twee. The suits as seasons is inspired and works perfectly.

So much there to pull you in. So easy to read with. I'm tempted in my next few readings for others to use this deck (so far I've only used it for myself) but I'd really need time and space to draw everything out of the card as there is so much there. Yet it is that symbolism you can pick out on the spur of the moment - not Kabbalah/hermeticism/astrology/alchemy type things that require years of study. A truly lovely deck. I just bought the app to browse the enlarged cards whilst travelling to & from work...

This is my favourite Llewellyn deck in years.

Melia

There's not been much discussion about this deck and as it came 3rd in the 2013 poll just wondering why this deathly silence. Is anyone working with it besides me. What are your thoughts on this deck, love, not love, indifferent, disappointment.

I'm sure many people value it as it came 3rd in the poll. The Victorian Fairy Tarot makes me smile.

There is great attention to detail and symbolism in so many of the cards, which provide for very comprehensive, clear and easy readings. The facial expressions are all so well done. The overall colour scheme is lovely and soothing - not too bright/stark, nor grey. I love the way light has been depicted in many of the cards - the Nine of Spring is probably my favourite card in the deck. The book is v.g. The deck/kit isn't expensive. The card stock is good. For me personally, there is nothing not to love about this deck.