Victorian Fairy Tarot

Thoughtful

It definitely gets my intuition firing as well. The winter suit plagues me. :p Especially the 5 of winter. . :)

I totally understand your concern over the 5 of winter. Those little hedge piggies look so adorable and as an avid animal lover l did find this card a bit uncomfortable at first. As they have not rolled in to a protective ball l take it that it's a whole lot of teasing going on rather than anything sinister. They know how to protect themselves :)

Thoughtful

I love this deck. More and more.

And it's so not me in terms of theme etc but it really won me over. It's RWS but with so many added info and details and whimsy that you forget you're reading with a deck that is rehashing because it has so much that is original.

It has a very distinct dynamic which I can't put my finger on. It's almost like I forget it is RWS , but if I stop and think, I know that it is.

I think Llewellyn did a really good job on this one - the borderlessness, the shufflability, the colours, the extensive companion book, the way it feels like traditional fairy tale illustrations and yet wildly contemporary. I like how it is mixed, male & female, young & old, not too twee. The suits as seasons is inspired and works perfectly.

So much there to pull you in. So easy to read with. I'm tempted in my next few readings for others to use this deck (so far I've only used it for myself) but I'd really need time and space to draw everything out of the card as there is so much there. Yet it is that symbolism you can pick out on the spur of the moment - not Kabbalah/hermeticism/astrology/alchemy type things that require years of study. A truly lovely deck. I just bought the app to browse the enlarged cards whilst travelling to & from work...

This is my favourite Llewellyn deck in years.

Thanks for your views LF l am so delighted that others can see so much more in this deck. You have expressed my own feelings towards this deck beautifully. Its a perfect reader, love the size and feel of the cards, and no borders. I find it engaging, funny and friendly but at the same time it can also show the harsher side as well, for a fairy deck it pulls no punches.
I like the very thing you have stated, you can read it straight away without years of intensive study and yet it has layers that can be unfolded.

Thoughtful

I'm sure many people value it as it came 3rd in the poll. The Victorian Fairy Tarot makes me smile. For me personally, there is nothing not to love about this deck.

Yes you are right that people do value it, l just had to pull people out of the closet :laugh:
Its a great deck for making you smile l do have a chuckle myself. l have already mentioned the 10 Summer its the way they are enjoying themselves with such unadulterated fun and laughter, especially the little male fairy who is leaping off the bank with hands in air and knees akimbo ready to splash in the water.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I totally understand your concern over the 5 of winter. Those little hedge piggies look so adorable and as an avid animal lover l did find this card a bit uncomfortable at first. As they have not rolled in to a protective ball l take it that it's a whole lot of teasing going on rather than anything sinister. They know how to protect themselves :)

It always ends up being a bit darker than teasing, but it hasn't been showing up lately because I made an effort to protect myself so all is well. I was definitely uncomfortable with this card too because of my love for animals. Gah! I just wanted to smack those fairies at first and tell them to knock it off. :p

LadyDeborah

I love this deck. I have been busy lately, so I had set it aside, but now I will be getting it out again. There is so much beautiful artwork with this deck. If I had to make one complaint about it, I would say it is the card stock. I wish it had a little more body. Aside from that, I can simply look at this deck over and over.

Thoughtful

The card stock could maybe be a little thicker, but my cards are wearing up really well with all the shuffling l do. After battling with some decks that have cards which are large and very thick l find these more suitable for my small hands. Like you say the artwork is wonderful the artist is truly gifted, he has captured so many little nuances.

GlitterNova

Alright, I've officially been enabled and have ordered this deck from Book Depository. Shipping could take two weeks or more and I can't wait for it to arrive! I'm hoping this will be a good 'for any person in any situation' type deck. Of my two other decks, one (Paulina) is too personal and, well, 'girly' to use for others and the other (Dream Enchantress) is also quite girly and contains a good bit of nudity. One of the things that drew me to the VR was the mix of different genders and different age groups--it seems very universal in that sense. I hope to expand to reading for others face-to-face and need a good deck for it!

shadowdancer

I do enjoy the deck - but use the app more than the deck. Not by choice - being long sighted, I struggle to see the fine detail of the imagery on the cardstock which is a shame. I know the artist put some nice wee touches in there.

Thoughtful

Alright, I've officially been enabled and have ordered this deck from Book Depository. One of the things that drew me to the VR was the mix of different genders and different age groups--it seems very universal in that sense. I hope to expand to reading for others face-to-face and need a good deck for it!

There is a lovely mix of all kinds of things. When you do expand to reading for others l feel you will get along fine with this deck, its a lovely easy read with nothing to offend even the most sensitive querents. l have used it a lot for others and have found it very good indeed. Would like to hear how you get on with it when you have it :)

kalliope

So much there to pull you in. So easy to read with. I'm tempted in my next few readings for others to use this deck (so far I've only used it for myself) but I'd really need time and space to draw everything out of the card as there is so much there. Yet it is that symbolism you can pick out on the spur of the moment - not Kabbalah/hermeticism/astrology/alchemy type things that require years of study. A truly lovely deck.

This thread inspired me to get the Victorian Fairy app the other day, even though I really thought the style wasn't for me. I'm finding your comments about its readability to be very true. Very detailed scenes, each with a vibe that matches the suit energy I'm used to, but with surprises in the specifics. Plenty to ponder, but without dense symbolism to decipher.