Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

Aulruna

I always associate Uppsala with this song ("A student from Uppsala"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIjlgp9Oh1k

Yes, I prefer the castle's original name too ... White Castle seems to be the touristic name (nobody here would call it that), presumably because Neuschwanstein is totally unpronouncable for foreigners.

And no, it's not a burger joint :D

Le Fanu

It was always my dream to visit Neuschwanstein (and Ludwig's other castles like Linderhof)...

strings of life

Read Oddity's posts in the journal thread. Grinning ear-to-ear.

Thinking: Franke on the boardwalk/beach in New Jersey (I live in a beach town, just steps away from the ocean); reading with Frankie at the new age shop nearby, after a ghost tour/Jersey Devil sighting (yep, we have those by me :laugh:); Frankie in Central Park or Times Square (crazy, just crazy, and I'd be afraid that a stranger would take him :laugh:); Frankie on the top of the Empire State Building?

* smiles *

nisaba

Aulruna said:
I always associate Uppsala with this song ("A student from Uppsala"):
It's what my mother says instead of "oops".

Aulruna said:
Yes, I prefer the castle's original name too ... White Castle seems to be the touristic name (nobody here would call it that), presumably because Neuschwanstein is totally unpronouncable for foreigners.
<waving hand> I'm a foreigner! And I can pronounce it!

And no, it's not a burger joint :D
Mmmmmm .... fresh stone-grilled swan-burgers ... <drools slightly>

<comes to> Okay, when you get the deck, you know what your mission is. Take Frankie there and feed him burgers! (Or white cake and white coffee).

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
It was always my dream to visit Neuschwanstein (and Ludwig's other castles like Linderhof)...
I can see that. You're a bit of an aristocrat-born-into-the-wrong-era, aren't you. One of the decadent, indulgent ones.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
I can see that. You're a bit of an aristocrat-born-into-the-wrong-era, aren't you. One of the decadent, indulgent ones.
I was smitten ever since I read about Ludwig floating in his Swan-shaped barge in the artifical pink grottos installed under the castle... Imagine a tarot The "Visions of Ludwig" Tarot; with Bavarian scenery, pseudo-medieval campness, Parcifal's Grail. Oooh.. I can feel an idea forming...

gregory

Hot damn, there are so many castles near me but I may need to take the deck on a LONG journey instead - which will knock out quite a few things.....

I shall have to pick ONE. Does he need to go to Meaningful Places ? Long Meg, for instance ? Or more fun ones; is he not spiritual enough for that !

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Does he need to go to Meaningful Places ?
I personally wouldn't want people to feel that they have to vye with one another to take the deck to meaningful, historic or whacky places. Please. Just bond... and so often we think that elsewhere is full of fascinating places and where we live doesn't have anything interesting, and this is most certainly not the case. Everywhere is interesting. A trip out for cakes or a drink or a bumpy bus ride and he'll be happy! I mean, while he was being created here in the Fanu Le Laboratory, he didn't go anywhere. I only took him out of the house once; for coffee and a cake then to the Post Office!

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I was smitten ever since I read about Ludwig floating in his Swan-shaped barge in the artifical pink grottos installed under the castle... Imagine a tarot The "Visions of Ludwig" Tarot; with Bavarian scenery, pseudo-medieval campness, Parcifal's Grail. Oooh.. I can feel an idea forming...
Yes, one does rather wonder about Ludwig's sexual orientation. This *is* the same Ludwig of Johannes Kepler fame? Big of a strange one, he.

nisaba

gregory said:
Hot damn, there are so many castles near me but I may need to take the deck on a LONG journey instead - which will knock out quite a few things.....

I shall have to pick ONE. Does he need to go to Meaningful Places ? Long Meg, for instance ? Or more fun ones; is he not spiritual enough for that !
Long Meg is good. Icelandic burial barrows are better - take him for his not-first flight. If you have him around a solstice or equinox, I charge you with stripping naked and capering with him through the stones of Stonehenge, slalom-style. Feed him a Tim Horton's Whategveritisthatyoureckonyouwereaddictedto. Photograph him trimming your hedge. Take him to see the Changing of the Guards, and photograph him with one of those Men In Silly Hats. You can squeeze *all* of that into a week if you really try <cackle>.