Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

NamasteIndia

I've cast three charts for this question, the first had Saturn exactly conjunct the Ascendant - a sign that the Astrologer will be in error if he/she reads for it. The second had a very late degree of sign rising, a sign that that there will be problems with the reading. I decided that the problem was that I didn't understand the question as well as I had thought so I asked for some clarifications.

The final chart is attached and doesn't seem to have any serious considerations.

Sagittarius is rising, so you are signified by Jupiter. At the time I cast the chart yesterday, Jupiter was just about to leave his Detriment of Gemini and move into Cancer, which has since happened.

Thus the chart shows you in not good condition as a writer but there's a glimpse of something better to come. Jupiter is in the seventh House,so he's angular, he's also direct and fast, so you are well placed to take all the required actions to get the book into the public domain. The seventh is the house of 'other people', - all those who are 'not-you', unless they are friends or relatives.

Deciding on which house is signified by the book is a difficult question and probably the one that caused trouble. It could be fifth House - an outpouring of creativity, or it could be tenth House - something to make a mark socially and even a new career. or even second - something to generate income, or third house communication.

However, I've decided that it's more likely to be ninth. Lee Lehman in her Martial Art of Horary Astrology lists publishing as a ninth House activity. The ninth is also to do with those activities that stretch the mind to new levels and intellectual activities and Tony Louis links it with the creative manipulation and organisation of ideas. The activity of writing a book is of a different order of creativity than simply writing a letter or sending a text. Books do require the organisation of ideas and the manipulation of those ideas in order to tell a story, be it factual or fictional.

In the chart the ninth House cusp is in the last half a degree of Leo. This makes the Sun the significator of the book. The Sun is in Cancer, also in the seventh House. In Cancer the Sun has no essential dignity, the Sun is therefore Peregrine. The book is venturing out into the world with no clear idea of where it will go (at least metaphorically) or how it will be received. In short the book is very vulnerable, as indeed all first or early books are. Interestingly the Sun is in the exaltation of Jupiter, the book will do its best to bring you credit as an author. Also the Sun recently conjoined Jupiter in Gemini and having passed it, is now separating into the outside world (the conjunction is still in effect, if diminishing), as it nears the publishing stage. Finally the Sun is in a partile trine to Saturn, retrograde in the eleventh House of hopes and aspirations. The book carries your hopes with it, but Saturn has little strength, apart from its house position. Saturn is the planet of restriction and limitation, so I don't think you have high hopes for the book at the moment.

How will the book be received? If the question was simply confined to monetary gain from writing it, then the ninth would represent that gain. John Frawley uses the ninth to measure the profit from intellectual effort. However you have ruled that out as the criterion. Instead it's how it will be seen by the book reading public at large - the literary world.

I could use the seventh again, as the house of all and sundry (except your) but another contender is the tenth, which covers honours, preferment and status. It seems to me that the latter is more the issue here.

The MC is in Libra, so Venus is the significator of how the book will be received. Venus again is in Cancer, where it is the Triplicity ruler during the day, so at the time of the chart it had significant essential dignity. In terms of accidental dignity it is fast and direct but it's in the eighth House, which is one of the unfortunate houses. Planets in the eighth are inconjunct to the Ascendant (and hence the Descendant) and this is typified as a difficulty in seeing or being seen. That would suggest that the literary world will not 'see' the book, it just won't get noticed. In this case the house difference is not a sign difference - both Sun and Venus are in Cancer, but Venus is over 20 degrees ahead and moving further away, so effectively the same conclusion holds.

That's not what you want to hear but I can't see any better conclusion from the chart. Even if I had gone for the seventh as ruler of book readers, I'd have had to use Mercury which at the time of the chart was stationing Retrograde. It's also in Cancer in the eighth and still 19 degrees in front of the Sun, outside an acceptable range for a conjunction. would indicate.

Is there any hope at all here? Well the position of Jupiter says that things will improve in the future - so you may find that if this book does not have much success the experience will strengthen you for the next one. Don't be discouraged if things don't work out well, as it takes time to get established as an author. So you will get better! If not this time then next.
oh thank you so much.

you got it right i was guessing this all the time.

i am such a introvert and i will be just publishing the book without actually promoting it
and i wont spend much it will be only e publishing

so yes the book wont get much of a popularity in the world.

Minderwiz

I know I'm running behind with the readings but I'm having issues with my broadband. The technician is coming to see to it some time tomorrow. So I'll get the outstanding readings underway when I have a stable connection again.

I am able to do short stints online using my 3G phone connection but it's not something that can be relied on very much as a full time connection.

Minderwiz

Reading for Ethereal

thanks for the note in PM! ok, i will take you up on that generous offer! so appreciated!

first question:
what would the outcome be should i move to the area i am thinking about in regards to employment? (also life in general if you can add that on. meaning relationship, living conditions, etc). you can re word that for me if i worded it wrong. THANK YOU!

Thanks for the clarification that the move will be to another state. Because my internet went down I didn't get chance to seek even more clarification when you replied that this would be to another State (inside USA). So to save time I'll do two views, firstly a move to a more distant state - requiring air travel of at least two or three hours, and secondly a move to an adjoining state, or one withing about 200 mile radius. The former would use the ninth House, the latter would use the third. In both cases you are represented by the Ascendant.

In the chart cast (attached) Libra is rising so you are signified by Venus. Venus is placed in Leo in the tenth House. This echoes your concern for employment and the focus of the question. The MC is actually in Cancer, so Venus is not quite as angular as the house placement would suggest. The Sign and Triplicity ruler is the Sun which rules the eleventh house of hopes and aspirations, so clearly these are both strong and connected to employment and career. Venus is in the Terms or Bounds of Jupiter and the Face of Saturn. So Venus has no essential dignity of her own - she is Peregrine. This is best described as having no clear sense of direction or being in unfamiliar country with a need for some guidance.

Taking the long distance move first, I'll use the ninth House for the move. Although strictly speaking that should involve overseas travel, many Astrologers now use it for unfamiliar journeys or long distance travel.

The ninth is ruled by Mercury, through Gemini. Mercury itself has just turned retrograde and is very slow. Mercury is also 'Under the Beams' that is it is obscured entirely by the Sun and thus is not seen to rise. Mercury is however in partile conjunct to the MC (both in the same degree). That is clear evidence that employment (MC) is connected to the long distance move (Mercury).

Whilst it might be clear evidence, it's not necessarily an indicator that the move will work out well. Venus is separating from Mercury so the link between you and the move is declining. Mercury retrograde is also something of an indicator that if you go, then you will return in the not too distant future.

The short distance move is shown by the third house. This would also be operative if you are familiar with your destination. This move is signified by Jupiter, through Sagittarius. Jupiter itself is at 0 degrees Cancer, where it has just entered the sign of it's exaltation. Jupiter is in the Triplicity of Venus (who rules the Water Triplicity by Day) and the Face of Venus - so this Move seems to 'like' you! The other dignity involved is the Terms of Mars (which incidentally rules the seventh house of partnerships) so the more familiar move looks to be much stronger and more connected to you than the long distance move. Moreover the MC is in the Terms of Jupiter, so Jupiter has a clear connection to career and Venus is placed in the Terms of Jupiter, giving a mutual reception by Triplicity/Terms.

Of itself this is not conclusive proof that you will move, though it does show that the move would be desirable and would probably work out well. But when I check the Moon (which also rules the MC), I find that it is in 0 degrees Aries, making a partile square to Jupiter and from there it's next major aspect is a trine to Venus. This completes the link between the two planets through transfer of light. The Moon carries the light from Jupiter to Venus and leads to the matter being perfected.

So there's two possibilities. One good, one not so good. My initial feeling here was to use the third house, unless your planned move is a significant distance into unknown territory (and really involving overseas travel) - if I do then you will move and the prospects look good.

If I use the ninth, which I was not originally inclined to do, then the move is still likely to occur but will not be beneficial (and you're likely to return). So unless this is a move completely in the dark, then I'd say you will move and the move will be good.

Attachments

• Ethereal Move.jpg
    Ethereal Move.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 59

Ethereal

Sorrt for the delay. if i understand, and have read this correctly,
it seem's that if i move to the very familiar place which is where
i am thing of going to, the move will be a good one. Am i correct
in that assumption? Now, if i would just go,and move to a more
unfamiliar place, (not abroad/overseas, i never had any intention of
that), that wouldn't be a good idea, because i would likely return.
Correct?

Here's the thing...both choices are pretty much equal distance from
where i am now. one a bit further away. however, the place i am considering
moving to now, i have lived there several times before, and all times it
was a bad choice for me. now however, here's the caveat.......................
I would be going back under a different set of circumstances, to be with a
dear close friend. yet, i have reasons not to be totally sure if it would be the
right move for ME. hope that makes sense... lol.

If you could clarify it a bit more for me i would appreciate it.
And, again Thank You for taking the time to do this for me!
All in all i am faced with this decision to make, not to easy.

Ethereal

I just re read the PM you had sent me. it looks like the familiar place
i am thinking of going to will be a good move. i was tired and
stressed when i first read it. i am seriously considering that move.
Big , THANKS!, sgain!

Minderwiz

Reading for Tychonus

Hello!

I really enjoy astrology, though I recently haven't practiced or studied nearly as much as I used to. I would love to participate, and hopefully understand something new about the art of horary astrology.

OK, so, I'm going back to school now for a study in environmental sciences (renewable resource installation and design). I work full time in corporate in an insurance related field, but the environment is wearing me out and the stress is just mounting with all the friction with all of my current projects. I like my projects, but they're starting to grind against my spirit. I'm hoping to get into a job with better pay, a more positive environment, etc - though this seems distant, because I just started my new schooling. My question is, what kind of changes could I see in my work environment (whether it's a current or new job) within the next six months?

Thank you!

The chart cast has Virgo rising, which means your significator is Mercury. Given that you work in 'an insurance related' industry, this seems to be quite appropriate, as Virgo is the Sign of Accountancy and related numerate professions. Mercury is in Cancer, where it has no essential dignity - it is Peregrine. This state is similar to someone in a foreign country who doesn't know their way around and does not speak the language - the need help and guidance if they are to be successful in getting to their destination. In terms of accidental dignities, Mercury's situation is mixed. It's in the eleventh house of the Good Spirit, associated with hopes, aspirations, and friends (and given that Mercury is Peregrine, a friend is just what you need). Mercury is also slow, having just turned Retrograde, which adds to the difficulty in achieving a goal or destination. Being retrograde is heading in the wrong direction, and at best will mean some wobbles and detours on the way to the goal. Worse still Mercury is heading into combustion - it's heading towards the Sun and that will add a further difficulty - a lack of being able to clearly see the road ahead and also to be seen by others. So for Mercury the situation is not good and that means that your situation is not good. That you describe in your question so the chart does indeed signify someone who feels they may be heading in the wrong direction, feels that they can't see the way ahead clearly and needs someone to provide some help and advice in getting the situation sorted. All you have is those hopes and aspirations to motivate you towards a better life.

Your career/profession is signified by Venus ruler of the Taurus MC. Ideally you shouldn't be working in anything to do with 'accounts' (of any sort, including those dealing with life expectancy, and costing of insurance) Venus professions are softer, being involved with Leisure and Recreation. Beauty, Fashion and Jewelery, Hospitality, etc. So I can see that you are not suited to your current post at the moment. Venus has recently moved into Leo, where it is also Peregrine but it is still in the eleventh House. It's moving away from Mercury quite quickly, so there is no aspect forming between them, which would be one indicator of a change in career.

The Moon can act as a co-significator for you (and if necessary the job). The Moon is in Taurus where it is exalted and it is exactly square Venus in Leo. Now this is an indicator that a change of career is possible. The square aspect means that this change will be difficult - as you indicate in the question - The change is there if you want it but it will come at a cost in terms of disruption and you might not like the end result. You mention your return to study and it's interesting to note that the Moon is in the ninth House of Higher Education and personal expansion. As Taurus is an Earth sign, I suppose there's a link to environmental sciences and conservation services and if this in anyway involves tidal energy then the Moon, rather than Venus might be indicating the nature of the change. The Moon is also a symbol of 'self renewing'.

So in summary, the situation now is shown to be exactly as you describe, things are not good and seem to be getting worse. You have hopes and these are largely what keeps you going at the moment. There is an indication that the career change may well come about during the next six months but there will be a cost - it will not come easily. The Moon is in a separating Opposition to Saturn - the planet of delay, limitation and restriction - it's Hard Times, especially as Saturn is Retrograde. I'd take that as an indicator that the worst time is now behind you but there will be difficulties ahead as you try and change your job. At worst this may well be that you have to choose between a job that offers you escape from your current problems, though I doubt it will be what you would consider ideal, on the one hand and probably your course on the other. The significator of your course is Mars, and Mercury is not in any of the dignities of Mars, though being in Gemini Mars is in a dignity of Mercury - the course needs you more than you need it. Mercury and Mars are inconjunct - almost exactly one sign apart and with Mercury Retrograde and Mars Direct, they are heading in opposite directions.

Overall, it's not a great situation and I wish I could be far more optimistic but Yes there is a new job out there, you can get it but with difficulties and I'm not convinced it will be better for you long term, though it will get you away from a fairly awful situation.

Attachments

• Tychonus Horary.jpg
    Tychonus Horary.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 63

Minderwiz

I just re read the PM you had sent me. it looks like the familiar place
i am thinking of going to will be a good move. i was tired and
stressed when i first read it. i am seriously considering that move.
Big , THANKS!, sgain!

I didn't realise that you had two places in mind, I sort of read two possibilities to save time. From what you say both are not too far away, one familiar but associated with not very good memories and one that is an unknown. If I had read with that knowledge. I'd have come down fairly heavily on the side of the familiar. In doing so though I would have clearly identified them as such rather than the less strong association made in the reading.

I'd still say that is the best move though I'm not so heavily shouting it's praises as I would have done with the knowledge of the two. I don't see anything to support the alternative. And if as you say the circumstances have changed, then I think it is the right move.

Ethereal

Thank you for adding that on. i guess i should made that more clear,
About both choices, in regards to the possible move. it' s true about
the unfamilar move. just wanted to ask in regards to the familiar move,
Why you wouldn' t have shouted it' s praises, as you would have with the
knowledge of the two.
Just wondering. Still quite a decision, i have to make. oh dear, maybe i should
stay where i am, LOL!

Tychonus

The chart cast has Virgo rising, which means your significator is Mercury. Given that you work in 'an insurance related' industry, this seems to be quite appropriate, as Virgo is the Sign of Accountancy and related numerate professions. Mercury is in Cancer, where it has no essential dignity - it is Peregrine. This state is similar to someone in a foreign country who doesn't know their way around and does not speak the language - the need help and guidance if they are to be successful in getting to their destination. In terms of accidental dignities, Mercury's situation is mixed. It's in the eleventh house of the Good Spirit, associated with hopes, aspirations, and friends (and given that Mercury is Peregrine, a friend is just what you need). Mercury is also slow, having just turned Retrograde, which adds to the difficulty in achieving a goal or destination. Being retrograde is heading in the wrong direction, and at best will mean some wobbles and detours on the way to the goal. Worse still Mercury is heading into combustion - it's heading towards the Sun and that will add a further difficulty - a lack of being able to clearly see the road ahead and also to be seen by others. So for Mercury the situation is not good and that means that your situation is not good. That you describe in your question so the chart does indeed signify someone who feels they may be heading in the wrong direction, feels that they can't see the way ahead clearly and needs someone to provide some help and advice in getting the situation sorted. All you have is those hopes and aspirations to motivate you towards a better life.

Your career/profession is signified by Venus ruler of the Taurus MC. Ideally you shouldn't be working in anything to do with 'accounts' (of any sort, including those dealing with life expectancy, and costing of insurance) Venus professions are softer, being involved with Leisure and Recreation. Beauty, Fashion and Jewelery, Hospitality, etc. So I can see that you are not suited to your current post at the moment. Venus has recently moved into Leo, where it is also Peregrine but it is still in the eleventh House. It's moving away from Mercury quite quickly, so there is no aspect forming between them, which would be one indicator of a change in career.

Coincidentally, my core day to day work involves setting up accounts requested by the sales and field teams, in addition to managing account mappings between our companies and managing a sales platform. While I do other technical and operational projects, it is no understatement that I work with a lot of accounts every day. It feels both mundane and wasteful of my skills and passions.

I've started moving into renewable resources, like biogas and solar systems. I'd like to do something that helps improve the quality and standard of life for others, rather than profit on their suffering!

I've been doing this for 4 and a half years, so I'm really starting to feel worn down.

The Moon can act as a co-significator for you (and if necessary the job). The Moon is in Taurus where it is exalted and it is exactly square Venus in Leo. Now this is an indicator that a change of career is possible. The square aspect means that this change will be difficult - as you indicate in the question - The change is there if you want it but it will come at a cost in terms of disruption and you might not like the end result. You mention your return to study and it's interesting to note that the Moon is in the ninth House of Higher Education and personal expansion. As Taurus is an Earth sign, I suppose there's a link to environmental sciences and conservation services and if this in anyway involves tidal energy then the Moon, rather than Venus might be indicating the nature of the change. The Moon is also a symbol of 'self renewing'.

This is indeed interesting, and feels like something I am truly focusing on greatly right now. I'm just "tired" of my circumstances and working for the salary level I do at this point in my life. I'm hoping environmental science was the correct path to take, as I'd like to manage projects and field work there instead of sitting at my desk all day arguing with difficult employees and clients. I certainly feel like I need a renewal. I can definitely see there being a disruption, but this is also discouraging as it almost seems like I could be exchanging one bad situation for another.

So in summary, the situation now is shown to be exactly as you describe, things are not good and seem to be getting worse. You have hopes and these are largely what keeps you going at the moment. There is an indication that the career change may well come about during the next six months but there will be a cost - it will not come easily. The Moon is in a separating Opposition to Saturn - the planet of delay, limitation and restriction - it's Hard Times, especially as Saturn is Retrograde. I'd take that as an indicator that the worst time is now behind you but there will be difficulties ahead as you try and change your job. At worst this may well be that you have to choose between a job that offers you escape from your current problems, though I doubt it will be what you would consider ideal, on the one hand and probably your course on the other. The significator of your course is Mars, and Mercury is not in any of the dignities of Mars, though being in Gemini Mars is in a dignity of Mercury - the course needs you more than you need it. Mercury and Mars are inconjunct - almost exactly one sign apart and with Mercury Retrograde and Mars Direct, they are heading in opposite directions.

Overall, it's not a great situation and I wish I could be far more optimistic but Yes there is a new job out there, you can get it but with difficulties and I'm not convinced it will be better for you long term, though it will get you away from a fairly awful situation.

Well...now I have to work towards this and figure out the best way to manage it and mitigate any risky outcomes. I'm in an awful situation now, effectively slaving away without being able to apply my talents and abilities in a truly meaningful way, but it seems like I could exit into a similarly abrasive situation. This will certainly require a lot of thought and patience for sure, especially with the delays. I just hope that the path needs me enough to result in a better outcome for everyone involved, and not entrapment!

Thank you..I have a lot to think about, but it was enlightening for sure.

Minderwiz

Reading for Ethereal

Ethereal said:
what was the connection B and i truly had? ( i am trying to figure out starwise what was that *something,* we had . what it was all about. long story, it was complicated. you can reword that, too. if you need anymore info to do the reading, just send it along.) THANK YOU AGAIN! looking forward to hearing from you again!!!!!!

You phrase the question with the relationship in the past tense. Has B made something of a return into your life or has something happened to reawaken thoughts of B because the chart has B's significator making a return from the limit of the seventh house (i.e. near the eighth cusp) and heading back into the seventh.

I'll probably need some more information to do justice to this question but it seems to me that B was the more keen on the relationship, or at least is the more keen now. You are signified by Jupiter, in exaltation in Cancer and placed in the Seventh House (though the cusp is in Gemini). B is signified by Mercury retrograde in Cancer and just in the seventh.

Mercury exalts Jupiter, so it seems that B is carrying something of a torch for you. As well as being in the exaltation of Jupiter Mercury is in the Terms of Jupiter - adding strength to the attraction. At some point it seems that B 'left' but might now be having second thoughts.

Jupiter is in none of the dignities of Mercury but is placed in a house ruled by Mercury and the house of relationships at that. So whilst the tie is currently not strong with you, it's still there.

At the moment the two planets are moving towards one another, though some distance apart, so we don't have an applying aspect, nor will one actually occur. as Mercury will station Direct and begin to move away from Jupiter again.

Also Jupiter is applying to a trine to Saturn, which is on the verge of stationing Direct. Saturn rules your second house of income and is in your tenth of career, so career and income related issues will also overtake you, rather than the relationship.

I realise that's quite short but I think that if you want more you'll need to be a little more precise about what's going on to stimulate your question and what you hope the outcome will be.

Attachments

• Ethereal Horary 3.jpg
    Ethereal Horary 3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 64