Fearing the Queen of Pents - HELP please!

Grizabella

She can be well bossy; the kind of woman who makes her children be what SHE wants them to be rather than themselves (wait - she is my mother... :bugeyed:)

I'm in agreement with gregory about this card representing the negative side of the Queen of Pentacles---someone who will try to make someone else over into what she wants them to be. This would be one of the traits of a reversed Queen of Pentacles. He may have had a mother like this or a relationship like this and it left him gun shy. Maybe he's seeing hints of this trait in this woman and that would contribute to it becoming a fear of his.

I hope this makes it a little more clear what I mean.

Emma313

HIM having the q of p in the hopes position just could mean he hopes you would be happy as a kept woman? comfortable and content, secure,not necessarily happy but content, ??? ie can offer you security?

Nalini

Girl Archer

Agreed Nalini, but I see the Queen of Pentacles as a wife (and possibly mother, but let's not wildly speculate) and often it has many times come up in readings as a man's desire for something long term and more solid, looking for someone who is "marriage material". Hence my association with Queen of Pentacles as a wife, domestic woman, lady of the hearth et cetera.

Queen of Pents as hookers? Reversed ones, probably or ill-dignified.

Ah! I see where you are coming from. There have been instances when I was represented by the Queen of Pents. Not because they saw me as marriage material but because I'm an entrepreneur, someone who has a liking for classy stuffs, who is very rooted to nature, into hiking and trekking.

Nope not reversed (that I remember clearly) don't think the reader mentioned anything about elemental dignities. After all many don't get into it, I don't after having tried it for a while.

Nalini

PAMUYA

The fears of another woman is a meaning of this queen upright when dealing with relationship issues. It could also be fear of an over bearing mother/wife/partner. In a relationship question I personally do not like to see the queen of pentacles unless this queen is my client.

The hopes are a great organizer, and cares for others, much like that of the Empress.

PAMUYA,

Seems your views are quite similar to that of Gregory. I'm with you when you say that you don't like this card turning unless she is your sitter. On innumerable occasions I've had this card denoting other woman (when wasn't my sitter).

Nalini

nisaba

She can be afraid of losing everything that grounds her: her family, her community, her home, her furniture, her money.

nisaba,

The QoP isn't her fear but HIS.

Nalini

Emma313

HIM having the q of p in the hopes position just could mean he hopes you would be happy as a kept woman? comfortable and content, secure,not necessarily happy but content, ??? ie can offer you security?

Emma313,

This wasn't my reading it was for another. Doubt that his hopes were on those lines because she is fiercely independent, has a high flying career and is very bossy.

Mostly 9 of Pents is looked at as the kept woman (no longer though with changing times) but I've had this queen as the other woman many times.

nisaba

nisaba,

The QoP isn't her fear but HIS.

Pronouns don't matter very much. The card will read for a man as for a woman and vice versa. So will all court cards. :)

Nalini

nisaba

Pronouns don't matter very much. The card will read for a man as for a woman and vice versa. So will all court cards. :)

nisaba,

I meant the QoP turned up in the position of hopes, desires and fears position of the guy. The sitter was a lady who wanted a ten cards relationship reading.

nisaba

nisaba,

I meant the QoP turned up in the position of hopes, desires and fears position of the guy. The sitter was a lady who wanted a ten cards relationship reading.

Okay. My suggestion still stands. You don't have to find it correct for that one reading.

Nalini

nisaba

Okay. My suggestion still stands. You don't have to find it correct for that one reading.

You mean that HE is be afraid of losing everything that grounds him: his family, his community, his home, his furniture, his money?

Not sure how that can be his fear because they are at this point merely interested in each other. Considering whether to proceed to dating stage yet.
Incidentally the guy may not be at par financially with her. I'm not 100% sure but most probably she earns more than the guy.

Mind you I'm not questioning your interpretation but trying to learn and understand.